Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greene will not run out of bounds

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Greene will not run out of bounds

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/shonn-greene-wont-be-running-out-of-bounds/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3640204][url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/06/shonn-greene-wont-be-running-out-of-bounds/[/url][/QUOTE]

Old school attitude, old school body?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta love that mentality, but here's to hoping he can find somewhat of a balance so that his career lasts as long as possible.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like that attitude, just not sure if he can withstand the punishment with a 250+ carry season and stay on the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3640223]I like that attitude, just not sure if he can withstand the punishment with a 250+ carry season and stay on the field.[/QUOTE]

+1

Seriously. This guy needs to learn to play smart. If he's always going for maximum contact we'll end up with washed up LT as our featured back the rest of the season by week 10.

I know it's a different position but people wondered how Marvin Harrison stayed effective for so long. He always avoided contact whenever he could and still had huge statistical seasons in both yardage and touchdowns.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;3640226]+1

Seriously. [B] This guy needs to learn to play smart. If he's always going for maximum contact we'll end up with washed up LT as our featured back the rest of the season by week 10.[/B]

I know it's a different position but people wondered how Marvin Harrison stayed effective for so long. He always avoided contact whenever he could and still had huge statistical seasons in both yardage and touchdowns.[/QUOTE]

Im really scared to death of our RB depth. Shonn Greene, and a bunch of question marks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the attitude also but there's a lot to be said for a runningback that can take the punishment of a 16+ game season. You can't help the team if you're on the sideline and Greene had three different injuries last season, including the AFCCG when we really needed him. Despite all the hate that Curtis Martin and Thomas Jones get here by some fans, being durable and being able to handle a ton of carries is a major asset.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    great title lol, but i prefer manish's article

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/07/rb-shonn-greene-doesnt-plan-on.html[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;3640232]Im really scared to death of our RB depth. Shonn Greene, and a bunch of question marks.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wasn't a big fan of the Tomlinson move when it happened. I agreed with cutting TJ and I think he'll be irrelevant in KC next season but I wanted to replace him with someone younger or at least with someone who had less miles.

Hopefully McKnight steps up and becomes our version of Ahmad Bradshaw.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3640238]Love the attitude also but there's a lot to be said for a runningback that can take the punishment of a 16+ game season. You can't help the team if you're on the sideline and Greene had three different injuries last season, including the AFCCG when we really needed him. Despite all the hate that Curtis Martin and Thomas Jones get here by some fans, being durable and being able to handle a ton of carries is a major asset.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. Don't understand all the hate for TJ on these boards.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love Shonn's mentality but I can't help but think he will be done by the time he is 30 years old.

Plus, if he goes down, we're most likely F'd in the A. Sanchez is [B][I]probably not[/I][/B] ready to make a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady leap (he isn't ready to carry an offense that is pass first with little to no running game). If Greene goes down you cannot feel comfortable with the combination of Tomlinson & McKnight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3640267]I love Shonn's mentality but I can't help but think he will be done by the time he is 30 years old.

Plus, if he goes down, we're most likely F'd in the A. Sanchez is [B][I]probably not[/I][/B] ready to make a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady leap (he isn't ready to carry an offense that is pass first with little to no running game). If Greene goes down you cannot feel comfortable with the combination of Tomlinson & McKnight.[/QUOTE]

Agree with everything, especially the last sentence.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    we're not f'ed if greene goes down...sure a healthy greene would give us max production from the rb position but, it is the offensive line on any team that makes a rb...90% of rb's old, in their prime or rookie will succeed behind an o-line like ours....on the other hand, there's not many rb's that fair well behind a crap o-line....oh and we have 3 great recievers and a good te threat, we'll be fine

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    War Machines plays the game like a man which I love. But for the sake of the team's post season aspirations I hope he matures a bit and stops going for the unnecessary but picturesque collisions 24-7.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe LaDanian Tomlinson will have some wisdom for Greene regarding playing tough but smart. Any Jet who carries the ball this season will have a HUGE target on them. All the media attention and fake love isnt going unnoticed around the league. You have to protect yourself. You can still play tenacious though.

Someone Tweet this to Shonn:

Pick your spots, Mr. Greene. Be smart and listen to LaDanian. There aren't many highlights of LaDanian getting 'served', circulating around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    They could never get Earl Campbell to avoid collisions he just loved to knock people on their butt.. But backs like that don't have a long playing career but their fun to watch while they last..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Really?

How many plays will a Shonn Greene run where to go out of bounds or putting his shoulder down will be an option?

Less than once a game? 10 times a year?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    When do the "final 8" free agent restrictions end ? Wait, apparently there's something called google and I looked it up - 22nd July. The Jets will hopefully look at bringing in a number of RBs ready for camp that even if they don't make the final roster would have gone through camp with the team and likely be available during the season. That and keep an eye on the UFL. This is based on the assumption that our line can make a reasonable back good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With opposing defenses knowing this maybe their defensive backs become a little "shy" knowing Greene is gonna put the hurt on them!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christian Okoye anyone?