Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Keith Bullock? Any Takers?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Keith Bullock? Any Takers?

He's still a FA...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    no thanks, we have a good, veteran core of linebackers, no need to add a declining 33 year old

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mr.GangGreen28;3640242]no thanks, we have a good, veteran core of linebackers, no need to add a declining 33 year old[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

I'm sure he'll fit in perfect with the Patriots lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeez I remember watching this guy in college when I was in college. Getting old.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isnt he an inside backer? In this case, he wouldnt even start on the jets. He can still start in this league and would not come here

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't fit the 34.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-3 years ago, this guy was a major ball-player.
    ALWAYS around the ball...hitting everything that came near him...a couple of really clutch interceptions. etc

BUT, that was 2-3 years ago...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he is a 4-3 OLB

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the Jets need players who can play specials... they have added guys who can't... like Jason Taylor

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no. hope the titans re-sign him.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=124;3640272]Doesn't fit the 34.[/QUOTE]

He was excellent with the Titans for most of the past decade, and the Pats played them a number of times, so we got to see him first hand. Also he's supposedly a very classy guy.

On the surface I would agree with you that he isn't a 34 guy, but I thought the same thing about Junior Seau, and he turned out to be a pretty valuable back up with the Pats for a couple of years. The point is you don't know. Some guys can make the adjustment, others can't.

However like the Jets I don't see it happening because there seems to be a lot of young guys already vying for snaps at ILB (Mayo, Guyton, McKenzie and Spikes) However like Junior he might look pretty good if some injuries come up....even for the Jets

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he'd be a huge upgrade for the Pats at ILB and a huge downgrade for the Jets at ILB.

the Pats have arguably the worst linebacker corpse in the NFL and the Jets ILB's are one of the two best

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3641315]he'd be a huge upgrade for the Pats at ILB and a huge downgrade for the Jets at ILB.

the Pats have arguably the worst linebacker corpse in the NFL and the Jets ILB's are one of the two best[/QUOTE]

Let me ask you a question, SG. Something easy that even a mental midget like your self can answer. How come the Pats who you describe as having the worst LB corps in the NFL, a horrible secondary, and a worse DL, managed to have the 6th best scoring defense in the league and managed to have only ONE less sack than that "dominant" Jet defense.

By the way, the only one who would "argue" that would be you. You are a running embarrassment on your own team's board. :P BTW as of this moment the 2 back ups to you starting ILBs are 2 UDFA's who have never played serous time on a regular D. No problem there of course. Not for the SG Jets. :rolleyes;
    Last edited by patsfanken; 07-08-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3641611]Let me ask you a question, SG. Something easy that even a mental midget like your self can answer. How come the Pats who you describe as having the worst LB corps in the NFL, a horrible secondary, and a worse DL, managed to have the 6th best scoring defense in the league and managed to have only ONE less sack than that "dominant" Jet defense.

By the way, the only one who would "argue" that would be you. You are a running embarrassment on your own team's board. :P BTW as of this moment the 2 back ups to you starting ILBs are 2 UDFA's who have never played serous time on a regular D. No problem there of course. Not for the SG Jets. :rolleyes;[/QUOTE]

The Jets defense was "dominant"...I mean if you count # 1 rankings in almost every statistical category as a measure. Sacks were a sticking point, but really, QB's were just throwing it away because there was either no one open or they were about to be clobbered. Big difference than why the Pats had fewer sacks.

Serious question. Who are your inside linebackers outside of Mayo, who looks like he will be real good. Your other ILB's are young and promising, but lots of question marks. Some of these guys might be even switched to outside, which would make your ILB depth thin also.

Gary Guyton? Questionable tackling ability sometimes and overpursues too much

Tyrone McKenzie? Rehabing ACL...Might be better fit for OLB

Brandon Spikes? Special teams most likely his first year and too slow to cover guys out of the backfield or top TE's like ummmm Keller

Eric Alaxander, Bo Rudd, Thomas Williams? I like our UDFA better than these guys.

Your secondary got better with your draft this year, but good luck with a rookie CB starting at your # 2 spot. Not to mention all the wasted high draft picks you've used over the last 3 or 4 years on CB's.

Your DL I'll only say it was obviously much better with Seymore. Your line doesn't scare anyone.

The Jets made it to the AFC Championship game behind it's defense. The Patriots ended the season at home to a chorus of boos after your D was embarrassed and Billicheat suffered his most lopsided playoff defeat.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;3640394]the Jets need players who can play specials... they have added guys who can't... like Jason Taylor[/QUOTE]

hmm very good point!