Thread: Sanchez weekly spot on 1050 ESPN radio this season

Sanchez weekly spot on 1050 ESPN radio this season

1050 ESPN/N.Y. Signs Jetsí Mark Sanchez For Guest Appearances

ESPN Sports WEPN-A (1050 ESPN)/NEW YORK has signed NEW YORK JETS quarterback MARK SANCHEZ to do an exclusive, live interview segment this season as a look ahead each THURSDAY at 5p during its afternoon drive THE MICHAEL KAY SHOW. The weekly feature debuts the week of SEPTEMBER 6th.
    VP/GM DAVID ROBERTS said, "MARK SANCHEZ showed significant poise and leadership last year and he and MICHAEL KAY demonstrated tremendous chemistry in their interviews. We expect this weekly preview to be appointment listening for NEW YORK football fans on the official radio home of JETS football."

Jets Insider VIP
    the fat stupid turd at WFAN is not going to be happy about this

[QUOTE=sg3;3640540]the fat stupid turd at WFAN is not going to be happy about this[/QUOTE]
    whatever with that guy. any jet fan that listens to, calls him or does anything with him should have their fandom taken away.

uh, not for nothing but michael kay is frequently just as big of a schmuck as fatcessa. i would be very wary of this if i were sanchez. i remember when richard todd used to come on tv way back when and have to explain why the jets just got beat. it wasn't pretty and ultimately cost todd his job. and also remember how curt sanchez was at a couple of the post game interviews. he got raked by the media because they didn't like the tone of his answers.

the bottom line, is that it is still a distraction and i would rather not see him or anyone else do these interviews until after the season ends.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3640636]This will have to be the first year he does no remote show from Jets training camp

NO WAY IN HELL he can do it now, after he spent all year trashing the Jets, Rex, Woody and the entire organization ... he would be sitting there all by himself and looking like a fool ... so you know he'll have to explain to his audience that he can't do the Jets TC show this year, probably make it sound like his idea, but the truth is he's Fredo to the Jets now and he knows it

Just one more reason I would love the Jets to win 12+ Games this year and make it to the Super Bowl

That would make them one of the biggest stories in the NFL this year, if not the biggest, right in Francesa's own home town, and he wouldn't be able to get a Jet on his show if his life depended on it[/QUOTE]

He's dead to me.

[QUOTE=Green Jets & Ham;3640636]This will have to be the first year he does no remote show from Jets training camp

NO WAY IN HELL he can do it now, after he spent all year trashing the Jets, Rex, Woody and the entire organization ... he would be sitting there all by himself and looking like a fool ... so you know he'll have to explain to his audience that he can't do the Jets TC show this year, probably make it sound like his idea, but the truth is he's Fredo to the Jets now and he knows it

Just one more reason I would love the Jets to win 12+ Games this year and make it to the Super Bowl

That would make them one of the biggest stories in the NFL this year, if not the biggest, right in Francesa's own home town, and he wouldn't be able to get a Jet on his show if his life depended on it[/QUOTE]

I love it. I cannot stand that guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

After listening to kay interview Manning and Rex this past season I don't think anyone should worry about Sanchez, he will pretty much be thown softballs.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3640615]uh, not for nothing but michael kay is frequently just as big of a schmuck as fatcessa. i would be very wary of this if i were sanchez. i remember when richard todd used to come on tv way back when and have to explain why the jets just got beat. it wasn't pretty and ultimately cost todd his job. and also remember how curt sanchez was at a couple of the post game interviews. he got raked by the media because they didn't like the tone of his answers.

the bottom line, is that it is still a distraction and i would rather not see him or anyone else do these interviews until after the season ends.[/QUOTE]
    kay knows nothing about football. all he knows is the yankees. he is harmless. and if doing a weekly call in radio show is going to sidetrack sanchez than he is not worthy of being a qb in the nfl.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3640615]uh, not for nothing but michael kay is frequently just as big of a schmuck as fatcessa. i would be very wary of this if i were sanchez. i remember when richard todd used to come on tv way back when and have to explain why the jets just got beat. it wasn't pretty and ultimately cost todd his job. and also remember how curt sanchez was at a couple of the post game interviews. he got raked by the media because they didn't like the tone of his answers.

the bottom line, is that it is still a distraction and i would rather not see him or anyone else do these interviews until after the season ends.[/QUOTE]

did this guy Curt Sanchez play for the Jets? Don't recall him