Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Jets sign OL Vladimir Ducasse to 4 year deal

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

BREAKING NEWS: Jets sign OL Vladimir Ducasse to 4 year deal

Worth $3.25 million with a $1 million signing bonus. All that's left to sign from the draft now is Kyle Wilson.

[QUOTE][B]@caplannfl[/B] Source: The Jets and second-round pick OL Vladimir Ducasse have agreed to a four-year deal worth $3.25 million....

with a signing bonus believed to be worth just over $1 million. More coming up shortly at FOXSports.com: [url]http://bit.ly/iKbuN[/url] [/QUOTE]

[url]http://twitter.com/caplannfl[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    D'Brick, Vlad.... the pieces are falling in place quickly for the season of a lifetime for Jet fans

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Mike. Left side of the line is in place now for a long time.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff. Nice to see some movement here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love it, get that line shored up! :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is amazing about this signing is that, I do not believe any first round, or
    any [B]second round[/B] picks have signed yet . The Jets are setting the market.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetOrange;3640870]What is amazing about this signing is that, I do not believe any first round, or
    any [B]second round[/B] picks have signed yet . The Jets are setting the market.[/QUOTE]

+1 good day in jet land...mangold/revis sure to follow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3640823]Nice job Mike. Left side of the line is in place now for a long time.[/QUOTE]

lets not count our eggs Buzz. We know Vlad has the tools, but we haven't seen him play an exhibition game yet.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets all hope that Vlad turns out to become our starting LG of the future. One thing is for sure: He's in a great position to have success playing in the middle of two All Pro types of talents in Ferguson and Mangold. Lets hope that Ferguson and Mangold can do for Ducasse, what Alan Faneca did for both Brick and Mangold.

Like Buzz was saying: With Ferguson, Vlad and Mangold; Our left side of the O-Line could be set for years to come.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, thats a lot of value for a left guard!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]Jets sign Ducasse, [U]first second-rounder inked[/U] [/B]

Jets agreed to terms with second-round LG Vladimir Ducasse on a four-year, $3.25 million contract.

He's expected to receive a signing bonus of just over $1 million. The division 1-AA star out of UMass has the early edge on Matt Slauson for the starting job vacated by Alan Faneca's release. The athletic Ducasse should be a boon to Shonn Greene's production over the next few seasons. Jul. 7 - 3:01 pm et
    Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3640823]Nice job Mike. Left side of the line is in place now for a long time.[/QUOTE]

How can you be so certain? He's never played a snap in his life, but now the Left Guard position is locked up for a long time?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Banks81;3640944]lets not count our eggs Buzz. We know Vlad has the tools, but we haven't seen him play an exhibition game yet.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=genom;3640981]How can you be so certain? He's never played a snap in his life, but now the Left Guard position is locked up for a long time?[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really referring to his level of play, just that we've now invested a 2nd round pick and 3.25 million in Ducasse, that the Jets see him as the future at LG and won't be looking for another one any time soon.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    He better give me a stipend! haha I was going to tell him congrats on facebook but he deleted his account. I guess once you get signed there is no need for social networking!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jFico89;3641017]He better give me a stipend! haha I was going to tell him congrats on facebook but he deleted his account. I guess once you get signed there is no need for social networking![/QUOTE]

wow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3640997]I wasn't really referring to his level of play, just that we've now invested a 2nd round pick and 3.25 million in Ducasse, [B]that the Jets see him as the future at LG and won't be looking for another one any time soon[/B].[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bet on that. Odds are he replaces Woody at RT long term

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3641029]I wouldn't bet on that. Odds are he replaces Woody at RT long term[/QUOTE]

I agree and its ridiculous that so many Jets fans are writing off Slauson. Lets have them go head to head before we give out Hall of Fame nominations. Vlad could be a great addition but why do so many dump on Slauson? Let them prove their worth ON THE FIELD.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3640997]I wasn't really referring to his level of play, just that we've now invested a 2nd round pick and 3.25 million in Ducasse, that the Jets see him as the future at LG and won't be looking for another one any time soon.[/QUOTE]

Depends if he plays like Adrien Clarke :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;3641029]I wouldn't bet on that. Odds are he replaces Woody at RT long term[/QUOTE]

There's been some posts saying that, but he was a LT in college and CBTNY scoffed at the idea of him ever playing RT.