Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMZ: LeBron James Picks Knicks

TMZ: LeBron James Picks Knicks

Take it for what its worth. I know TMZ is not a sports media outlet but when they post any type of news it usually turns out to be true. Don't start getting on my case about posting something without actual confirmation ( i know you guys are brutal LoL).

Just trying to make you knicks fans a little happier thats all.

Here is a link to a philly Fox affiliate, and the actual TMZ post as well.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...ick-the-knicks
    http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/07/tmz-li...w-york-knicks/

Quote Originally Posted by Gluis011 View Post
    Take it for what its worth. I know TMZ is not a sports media outlet but when they post any type of news it usually turns out to be true. Don't start getting on my case about posting something without actual confirmation ( i know you guys are brutal LoL).

Just trying to make you knicks fans a little happier thats all.

Here is a link to a philly Fox affiliate, and the actual TMZ post as well.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sport...ick-the-knicks
    http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/07/tmz-li...w-york-knicks/
    TMZ is usually correct. RIP Cleveland Cavaliers.

Im a Nets fan so it sucks for me cause i wont hear anything other than knicks talk for years to come.

But then again i never really thought he would join the Nets anyway.

Sorry for just putting up replies but just saw this on twitter which makes me now think TMZ is definitely correct ...

Seth_Everett who is the Host 1050 ESPN New York at 10am just tweeted

A buddy just told me he saw that LeBron James was at Sparks in NYC with Amare Stoudamire and Allan Houston this evening. Hmmm..

Also At around 1 pm, Chad Ochocinco tweeted to LeBron James "big bruh can i break the news now or do i still have to wait?"

Ochocinco then followed that tweet up with this update: "*Empire State of Mind* *wink* *wink*only the smart folk will put this together and figure out what i am talking about
    Last edited by Gluis011; 07-07-2010 at 08:18 PM.

All League
    The only one better than TMZ for scoops is "Scoops" himself ( as we know here at JI)

All League
    Just checked the site. Not true.

TMZ is reporting that someone else is reporting this news

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Just checked the site. Not true.

TMZ is reporting that someone else is reporting this news
    Jared Dudley.

He's been saying it all day.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    Jared Dudley.

He's been saying it all day.
    Yeah. The way the story is written tells me they aren't too sure about this

Just watched the link on theknicksblog.com and it's pretty much Jared Dudley talking to them for about 8 minutes. He's saying pretty much the same **** he put on Twitter.

Sorry for just putting up replies but just saw this on twitter which makes me now think TMZ is definitely correct ...

Seth_Everett who is the Host 1050 ESPN New York at 10am just tweeted

A buddy just told me he saw that LeBron James was at Sparks in NYC with Amare Stoudamire and Allan Houston this evening. Hmmm..

Also At around 1 pm, Chad Ochocinco tweeted to LeBron James "big bruh can i break the news now or do i still have to wait?"

Ochocinco then followed that tweet up with this update: "*Empire State of Mind* *wink* *wink*only the smart folk will put this together and figure out what i am talking about
    as much as i want him on the Knicks, i'm not celebrating anything yet.

"Empire State of Mind" is a Jay-Z song, so it could mean the ****ing Nets.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    NY would make the most sense, it is an attempt to help a dying sport, jump start the Tri-State.

Thing is its not just the TMZ thing.

Now Jay Williams is tweeting he heard lebron is signing with the knicks.

Pretty sure Lebron has told the team that he is signing with. Cause they have to prepare for a big celebration or whatever they are gonna do. So im sure word is spreding among the NBA where he is going.

Also its no surprise to me NO ESPN reporter who ALWAYS have the scoop before anyone else are keeping quiet.

All League
    Thing is its not just the TMZ thing.

Now Jay Williams is tweeting he heard lebron is signing with the knicks.

Pretty sure Lebron has told the team that he is signing with. Cause they have to prepare for a big celebration or whatever they are gonna do. So im sure word is spreding among the NBA where he is going.

Also its no surprise to me NO ESPN reporter who ALWAYS have the scoop before anyone else are keeping quiet.
    Considering the announcement is on ESPN, I'm pretty sure ESPN will not be breaking any news about it. Early that is.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

WOW that would SUCK BIG HAIRY B*LLS if he signed with NJ.

In the end I think if its between the Knicks and Nets, then its Knicks all the way, who the hell would wanna play for the friggin' Nets??? They still got 2 more years before theyre going to Brooklyn, plus the Knicks will always own NY plain and simple.

Banned
    Im a Nets fan so it sucks for me cause i wont hear anything other than knicks talk for years to come.

But then again i never really thought he would join the Nets anyway.
    The Nets will be fine. Harris, Favors and Lopez is a good young core. They have enough cap room next summer for Carmelo and then Paul and/or Howard in 2012. Plus you guys are finally moving out of the swamp.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 07-07-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

the ochocinco quote is the one that has me thinking its not the knicks, everyone knows what empire state of mind is about, so whats so hard to wink wink figure out....

Im a knick fan, i would like lebron just cause it would make the team better, but would make me even more happy after this whole ordeal is lebron to go to miami and not win sh!t, this free agency lebron thing has really got me sick and is leaving a bad taste for the NBA in my mouth, now its probably a 50/50 lebron/media whos at fault but whatever this is basically a joke

I'm sooooooooooo sick of LeBron. Hey LeBron, I hope you are reading this...Who cares where you sign? You have set the bar a new high on self-importance.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    the ochocinco quote is the one that has me thinking its not the knicks, everyone knows what empire state of mind is about, so whats so hard to wink wink figure out....

Im a knick fan, i would like lebron just cause it would make the team better, but would make me even more happy after this whole ordeal is lebron to go to miami and not win sh!t, this free agency lebron thing has really got me sick and is leaving a bad taste for the NBA in my mouth, now its probably a 50/50 lebron/media whos at fault but whatever this is basically a joke
    The "wink wink" I would think is that while Ocho Cinco fans would know Jay Z's song, they might not know that NY is called "the Empire State."

He's not signing with the Nets. Get real.

Seriously.

He has a chance to sign with Bosh/Wade or Amare or Rose/Boozer. Who the **** is he going to sign with on the Nets? All the top FAs are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    The "wink wink" I would think is that while Ocho Cinco fans would know Jay Z's song, they might not know that NY is called "the Empire State."

He's not signing with the Nets. Get real.

Seriously.

He has a chance to sign with Bosh/Wade or Amare or Rose/Boozer. Who the **** is he going to sign with on the Nets? All the top FAs are gone.
    The whole song says "im from the empire state", if you live in this country and dont know what the empire state is, you need to be shot, thats all im saying, I hope lebron goes and plays in europe

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    The whole song says "im from the empire state", if you live in this country and dont know what the empire state is, you need to be shot, thats all im saying, I hope lebron goes and plays in europe
    That would be worth all the hype if he goes and says he will be playing with Ricky Rubio. I don't think he has the melons.