Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alex Rodriguez.. 600 Home Runs

Alex Rodriguez.. 600 Home Runs

Just 3 shy. It's too bad that this milestone will run hollow, for some if not most people. Unfortunately he has no one to blame but himself.

He's also 32 RBI's away from 1800 and only needs one more SB for number 300.

166 HR's shy of passing Bonds.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-07-2010 at 10:00 PM.

He'll shatter Bonds' record but it won't matter.

The only one I wanted to get it other than A-Rod (Aaron's record) was Griffey.

Shame he couldn't stop jumping into the wall.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Just 3 shy. It's too bad that this milestone will run hollow, for some if not most people. Unfortunately he has no one to blame but himself.

He's also 32 RBI's away from 1800 and only needs one more SB for number 300.

166 HR's shy of passing Bonds.
    He gets a big "meh" from me.

Not impressed.

Admittedly, I love baseball and I have made a conscious decision to accept the results of the steroidal freaks in-game performances, just because I need to watch these games for mental health. I NEED TO.

There are these cheaters on every team. imho.

But overall....my minds eye is putting these arsewholes in a separate category as far as historical records. Dont know where to draw the line.

Wish I did.

But I need to watch.

We have no idea which players cheated to get records, just the ones that were caught. Bonds holds the HR record and was a roider as well... A-Rod roids or not was one of the most talented players to ever play the game, same with Barry Bonds.

Though with Bonds you had a numbers jump in his career. But still, steroids don't make you walk as much as he did. Having a season with a 600 OBP, 232 walks 41 SO, that is insane...
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 07-07-2010 at 10:37 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Having a season with a 600 OBP, 232 walks 41 SO, that is insane...
    More the shame. It wasnt enough for him, and I dont gaf.

Jets Insider VIP
    Meh. Doesn't mean much any more.

As far as I'm concerned, Maris is still the real single season home run king and Aaron the overall.

I hate cheaters.

these guys are using performance enhancing substances...Babe Ruth used performance degrading substances

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Meh. Doesn't mean much any more.

As far as I'm concerned, Maris is still the real single season home run king and Aaron the overall.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    We have no idea which players cheated to get records, just the ones that were caught. Bonds holds the HR record and was a roider as well... A-Rod roids or not was one of the most talented players to ever play the game, same with Barry Bonds.

Though with Bonds you had a numbers jump in his career. But still, steroids don't make you walk as much as he did. Having a season with a 600 OBP, 232 walks 41 SO, that is insane...
    I think steroids had a lot to do with those walks...

Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    these guys are using performance enhancing substances...Babe Ruth used performance degrading substances
    LOL. Great observation and turning of a phrase. Ruth is probably the only player to show up to the ballpark either hung over or still tanked, eat 10 hotdogs and slug another beer before the game, then hit three home runs. Total madman.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    LOL. Great observation and turning of a phrase. Ruth is probably the only player to show up to the ballpark either hung over or still tanked, eat 10 hotdogs and slug another beer before the game, then hit three home runs. Total madman.
    Didnt David Wells claim to have pitched his perfect game half-gozzled from the night before?

That's why he loved Ruth so much.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    well they kind of did...indirectly....he was so hopped up on the juice that the only alternative was to walk the guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Revi$_I$l@nd View Post
    He'll shatter Bonds' record but it won't matter.

The only one I wanted to get it other than A-Rod (Aaron's record) was Griffey.

Shame he couldn't stop jumping into the wall.
    I think there is a solid chance he won't even break Bonds' record, let alone shatter it.

I don't care about the PED's myself. I'm over it. These were steroid guys vs. steroid guys. They all tried it, and I don't blame them for it. So 600 at 34 (or 35 if it takes him a few weeks) years of age is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Didnt David Wells claim to have pitched his perfect game half-gozzled from the night before?

That's why he loved Ruth so much.
    I think he wrote about this and caught all sorts of grief for it. I respect him even more for doing it loaded. And what about Whitey and Mantle on their drunken "beaver shootin'" forays? Talk about maniacs.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Doc Ellis pitched a no-hitter while tripping on LSD

Lots of players did it, so I agree that it's pointless to point the finger at one or two guys. The Steroid Era is now a part of baseball lore.

That doesn't mean I have to be impressed with numbers produced in that Era, and I'm not. I will certainly agree that Bonds and A-rod are the two best power hitters of the Steroid Era. I'll also agree that they would have had a lot of home runs without steroids. But I won't get excited about their numbers, because they're not genuine.

They still keep records of these things in Baseball? Huh, who knew.

One must wonder how they managed to get all the foul taint off the recordbook deposited in recent years, in order to write down new records.

Must have been some industrial strength taint removal.

Records in Baseball = Records in WWF. Kept for the diehards, pumped full of steroids and rigged outcomes, and means little to nothing anymore in the grand scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by SUJets1988 View Post
    I'd guess it was the Adderall...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    He gets a big "meh" from me.

Not impressed.

Admittedly, I love baseball and I have made a conscious decision to accept the results of the steroidal freaks in-game performances, just because I need to watch these games for mental health. I NEED TO.

There are these cheaters on every team. imho.

But overall....my minds eye is putting these arsewholes in a separate category as far as historical records. Dont know where to draw the line.

Wish I did.

But I need to watch.

Good post!

It's still a GREAT cerebral AND athletic game and I couldn't agree more.

I wouldn't walk across the street to meet BigMac or AROD though.

That's why I have found this new LOVE for YOGI's stats. 5', 8" of total baseball terror drinking yoo hoo and wining 10 world series titles.