Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under 10 Wins? PFT thinks so...

Under 10 Wins? PFT thinks so...

PFT has brought back a segment that has no real value and actually kind of sucks but basically predicts Jets under 10 wins but listen here to see for yourself...

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/07/pftv-presents-the-2010-afc-east-over-under/[/url]

LOL. Pathetic.

Not only does he have the Jets under 10, he has New England under 10. Miami, of course, the 7 and ****ing 9 team last season, is the one who has winning the division with 10 or more W's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Best comment on there by a crackhead:

buffalokie says:
    July 8, 2010 8:41 AM
    The AFC East will flip-flop this year.

Bills
    Dolphins
    Jets
    Patriots

The Bills have a better team than anyone gives them credit for and there is a special chemistry brewing there. A LOT of young talent, the best RB threat in the NFL, one of, if not THE best D backfields. Good LBs, improved D line, healthier and stronger O line, and a new starter at QB (Brian Brohm will start).

Dolphins and Jets have a bunch of new overpriced, overhyped turds, and the Patriot dynasty is fading into the sunset.

Jets Insider VIP
    best crackhead opinion, I think was that of the Ambulance Chaser on the video making another prediction as good as last year's Redskins win SB prediction.

I have to give Florio some props, though .... He did manage to sell his laughing stock PFT website he ran out of his basement to the gullible dupes at NBC for what were probably big bucks

You heard it here first.

Nothing new. PFT has an axe to grind with the Jets and always has (regardless of who was the GM or the coach). This especially holds true for Mike Florio.

I pretty much try never to give their site any hits, but I saw an article about the new stadium written by somebody other than Florio on PFT about a month ago. Thinking that the other writer would be a little more objective, I clicked on the link and of course the very first paragraph said it was "petty and very Jet like" that the Jets call the stadium 'New Jets Stadium' on their site (funny, I believe the Giants do the same thing, wonder if that's also petty).

The above is just one example about the entire website. And frankly because of their agenda (not just against the Jets, they have other teams/figures they hate as well), I can never take any rumor I hear from them seriously. See Bart "Despite their apparent leak to the contrary, the Jets are no closer to signing D'Brickashaw Ferguson to a new contract" Hubbich (who Florio has been using a lot for Jet rumors this summer btw) as an example of what happens when a writer/insider has an axe to grind.

Clearly the forefront of professional football pre-season predictions, which to this day is the driving force behind the success of every team in the NFL.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;3641382]You heard it here first.[/QUOTE]

Sssh, don't tell this to DWC! :P

hey whatever. but really, the jets will have their work cut out. it simply foolish to think they can just show up and win games. each game will be difficult and, with all of these new players, it will also be difficult for ryan to keep them on edge. hopefully they will have some good early success and be able to build on that to sail into the post season. once there, things should be lots easier.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=newjakecity;3641401]...it was "petty and very Jet like" that the Jets call the stadium 'New Jets Stadium' on their site ([U]funny, I believe the Giants do the same thing, wonder if that's also petty[/U]). [/QUOTE]

Shhh! Don't broadcast that. It's more "proof" for SOJFs of their 2nd-class citizenship.

EDIT: No I didn't see Rage/SJ's similarly sarcastic post above before I
    wrote this. Great minds think alike...

I tend to agree with them and here's why:

1) This is the NY Jets, the king's of dissapointment. Enough said.

2) Contract squabbles and internal bickering over money. Revis has shown himself to be a selfish child who does not honor his commitments. I can not say that about the rest of the palyers because they haven't threatened and lobbied as Revis has. I still want to trade him to Tampa or Oakland and let him languish in losses.

3) Lack of running game, I am worried about LT and the loss of TJ; but that's just me. I do no see the same production out of our runnin game as SG is injury prone and will be banged up going into week 1, guaranteed.

4) Hard Knocks. Another distraction that a team shooting for the SB does not need to deal with. This too will make them think they are better than they really are-See the next item. Overconfidence and thinking that all they have to do is show up each Sunday and their opponents will just give up. We've all seen it before with this team (Atlanta last season).

5) The Miami Dillphins are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. So much so that I think we should just forfeit this season and annoint them SB Champs in July, right now. Ok, Ok, I am kidding but they have improved, and beat us 3 times in a row.

Having said that, I see a wonderful 6-10 or 7-9 at best this season.

Sorry

All Pro
    Under 10 wins...

Certainly possible, but at this point it seems unlikely. Our team simply has too much talent right now. Combine that with respectable coaching and a pretty favorable schedule, and we should hit the 10 win mark as long as we stay relatively healthy.

As witnessed last year, we are a solid team with mediocre and even subpar level of play from the QB. If Sanchez can elevate his production to the levels we witnessed during the playoffs on a consistent basis, we are an elite team.

I think the fate of the season might rely on the first few weeks.... If we lose the first few games unprepared it might spell trouble for the team and there might be finger pointing of who worked hard and who didn't. Which might destroy the team for the rest of the season.

But I don't think that will happen... but the distraction of revis, hard knocks, being favorites, and overconfidence do worry me...

In the end this is why we hired Rex Ryan... because he won't let this happen... he will prove why his teams do so well.... They listen to him.... and he has nothing to do with how much money these guys get and contract disputes.

There's three minutes I won't get back.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the fate of the season lies in the first sixteen games. And the fate of the postseason lies in the games played after those games

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Anything is possible with the new Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    New Giants Stadium is not petty and Giant-like but New Jets Stadium is in the wonderful world of Florio the Ambulance Chaser Football "guru'

I'm certain Fatcessa agrees

[QUOTE=sg3;3641766]I think the fate of the season lies in the first sixteen games. And the fate of the postseason lies in the games played after those games[/QUOTE]

You know, you are right in the sense that all they really have to do is get into the postseason tournament. As they showed last year you never know, however, hosting the AFCCG is the key to the kingdom..(Duh)

[QUOTE=ASH_1962;3641610]I tend to agree with them and here's why:

1) This is the NY Jets, the king's of dissapointment. Enough said.

2) Contract squabbles and internal bickering over money. Revis has shown himself to be a selfish child who does not honor his commitments. I can not say that about the rest of the palyers because they haven't threatened and lobbied as Revis has. I still want to trade him to Tampa or Oakland and let him languish in losses.

3) Lack of running game, I am worried about LT and the loss of TJ; but that's just me. I do no see the same production out of our runnin game as SG is injury prone and will be banged up going into week 1, guaranteed.

4) Hard Knocks. Another distraction that a team shooting for the SB does not need to deal with. This too will make them think they are better than they really are-See the next item. Overconfidence and thinking that all they have to do is show up each Sunday and their opponents will just give up. We've all seen it before with this team (Atlanta last season).

5) The Miami Dillphins are the greatest team in the history of the NFL. So much so that I think we should just forfeit this season and annoint them SB Champs in July, right now. Ok, Ok, I am kidding but they have improved, and beat us 3 times in a row.

Having said that, I see a wonderful 6-10 or 7-9 at best this season.

Sorry[/QUOTe]

SOJF

[IMG]http://jetstwit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/jets-fans-2.JPG-300x243.jpg[/IMG]