Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cavs' Owner Dan Gilbert's Written Statement - f***ing awesome

All League

Cavs' Owner Dan Gilbert's Written Statement - f***ing awesome

from Cavs.com

A Letter From Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
    Majority Owner
    Cleveland Cavaliers

All League
    Sore loser and totally unbecoming of an owner.

Take your lumps and cry in private, I will tonight.

Banned
    I don't have a problem with him speaking his mind though I think he should have fired that idiot Danny Ferry years ago. Danny Ferry cost the city of Cleveland Lebron.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Icer View Post
    Sore loser and totally unbecoming of an owner.

Take your lumps and cry in private, I will tonight.
    Totally disagree.

It's his money and he can rip anybody he wants.

Ballsy as an owner. What are you talking about taking your lumps in private? Man up. This dude Gilbert did. "Lebron" didnt.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    from Cavs.com

All Pro
    Cavs just got a new fan

Veteran
    damnnnnnnn son

thats giblert dude got that swag

what a pimp

LOL Lebron might not win a championship with the Heat but I guarantee the Cavs won't come close until Lebron is past his prime atleast......talk about a team in shambles......Cavs are back to the joke they were SORRY
    Last edited by King Koopa; 07-09-2010 at 03:43 AM.

best part about this whole thing is the idiot Mo Williams is now the best player on his team....haha

Jets Insider VIP
    Delonte West doesn't care. He got his.

An honest owner, speaking from his heart.

How rare.

How nice.

/we now return you to your regularly scheduled standard-issue-sportsteam-propaganda and nonspeak.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I don't have a problem with him speaking his mind though I think he should have fired that idiot Danny Ferry years ago. Danny Ferry cost the city of Cleveland Lebron.
    Absolutely.

He did not put ONE quality player around LeBron.

Jamison and Mo Williams? Shaq? Give me a break.

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    An honest owner, speaking from his heart.

How rare.

How nice.

/we now return you to your regularly scheduled standard-issue-sportsteam-propaganda and nonspeak.
    LOL. that is so true. i think more owners should speak what they think, it would make sports mmore interesting.

Cavs owner has no one to blame but the players on his own team. Hey you can't sleep with your star player mother and expect him to come back looking for mopre ridicule.

All Pro
    Hes basically saying Lebron tossed the Celtics series now.

Im convinced that either he did some illegal **** for his entourage or LBJ gave him a verbal commitment in the past few weeks.

All League
    Dan Gilbert owns Fathead. Benedict Arnold was born in 1741. All LeBron Fatheads are currently on clearance for $17.41.

http://www.fathead.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Cavs just got a new fan
    make that 2!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Delonte West doesn't care. He got his.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Raider9175 View Post
    Cavs owner has no one to blame but the players on his own team. Hey you can't sleep with your star player mother and expect him to come back looking for mopre ridicule.
    Sopne?