Thread: Walterfootball's Jets Season Preview

Walterfootball's Jets Season Preview

[url]http://walterfootball.com/offseason2010nyj.php[/url]

I think Walter does a thorough job with his analysis. Everything he said on there was spot on for me :yes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=MagroCrag;3642240][url]http://walterfootball.com/offseason2010nyj.php[/url]

I think Walter does a thorough job with his analysis. Everything he said on there was spot on for me :yes:[/QUOTE]

Good read..thanks

Jets Insider VIP
    My favorite football site on the web. His Jerks of the Week columns are the best.

All League
    Nice read ..Thanks..11-5 sounds about right.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

First they said[B]Tomlinson is in New York as a reserve and third-down back only. He had a poor red-zone conversion rate in 2009, so Greene is the heavy favorite to be the goal-line back.
    [/B]

Then [B]LaDainian Tomlinson is done - as a feature back. The reason I've given him a 2.5-star rating is because he would be one hell of a goal-line back for some team. Just ask Houston fans if their team would have made the playoffs with Tomlinson getting some chances from the 1-yard line. Unfortunately, Tomlinson is a bit delusional and may overprice himself instead of just accepting this new role.

[/B] :eek::confused:

All Pro
    i love walterfooball. 'round draft season there's no better website.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3642305]First they said[B]Tomlinson is in New York as a reserve and third-down back only. He had a poor red-zone conversion rate in 2009, so Greene is the heavy favorite to be the goal-line back.
    [/B]

Then [B]LaDainian Tomlinson is done - as a feature back. The reason I've given him a 2.5-star rating is because he would be one hell of a goal-line back for some team. Just ask Houston fans if their team would have made the playoffs with Tomlinson getting some chances from the 1-yard line. Unfortunately, Tomlinson is a bit delusional and may overprice himself instead of just accepting this new role.

[/B] :eek::confused:[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Apparently he's another writer that just throws sh!t at a wall.

They all do it, I suppose.

All Pro
    A buddy forwarded this assessment to me this morning and I have to say it's one of the best assessments I've read about the upcoming season.

that article reads just like a homer Jets fan would write it. if DWC had written it there would be 5 pages of insults waiting for him. lol.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3642305]First they said[B]Tomlinson is in New York as a reserve and third-down back only. He had a poor red-zone conversion rate in 2009, so Greene is the heavy favorite to be the goal-line back.
    [/B]

[/B] :eek::confused:[/QUOTE]

you will see a different tomlinson running behind the jets offensive line.he is far superior to thomas jones the flopper.

pretty reasonable assessment. imo the run game or lack thereof in the second half doomed the jets against the colts. sure sanchez had decent passing stats but they took a nose dive once greene went out. the bottom line is if the jets rush this year like they did last coupled with a better sanchez and receivers then we should see something pretty special.

[QUOTE=Paradis;3642440]i love walterfooball. 'round draft season there's no better website.[/QUOTE]

they work really hard but they camp out exotic positions... and never let them go... like claussen better than bradford... and when the league disagrees they say the league is wrong.