Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons to love Jets on Hard Knocks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Reasons to love Jets on Hard Knocks

1- This isn't some team coming off a 4-12 season. Jets coming off an AFCC game & people like Mike Lombardi can go f_ck themselves constantly bringing up how they "backed" in. Guess what Mike, they beat Cincy & the Chargers on the road, go back & look at those teams home records, idiot.

2- Expectations! It's good to have expectations. How many years have the Jets been mentioned as contenders?

3- Cameras, all over the place. Would you want to be the player that comes into camp out of shape? Football players do have pride. Just go back & look at the flack McKnight took for OTA practices! Now the dude joined some type of workout program.LOL!

4- Sanchez! This guy sets the tone for gym rats. This dude is a leader. Mark loves the spotlight, he is one cool customer as he showed in the playoffs on the road.

5- Rex- Guy loves the camera, is incredible at being funny & serious, very difficult to pull off, ala Parcells. Does anyone remember when he had his kid step in to say a few words? Epic! Everyone moves in to hear what the kid has to say & he goes, " Listen up guys, kick ass on 2!"

6- Veteran Leadership- Jets have it in spades and not just in "older guys", this is a pretty young team with excellent leaders.
    Mangold- Harris- Revis- Sanchez- Dbrick- Leonard

Then you have the mix Jenkins- Scott- Woody- Moore- Pace- Thomas- Ellis

I personally think the media is trying to put a wedge into this team. If you look at the reporting regrading the Jets it's all about the contracts. Dbrick signs & guys like Lombardi report that this is going to hurt chemistry. How the hell does he KNOW this. He's so full of Jet hate it's obvious.

Anyway- looking forward to Hard Knocks- This team is perfect for that show.
    Imagine if they won the Superbowl?
    We'd have this HBO show to look back on the characters of this Jet squad for years.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    no "ifs" in 2010-11

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    When does it start?

I'll finally cave and sign up for HBO. :O

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;3642528]When does it start?

I'll finally cave and sign up for HBO. :O[/QUOTE]

I can't justify the extra cost.

will it be shown anywhere else later on? I don't care if I watch it the first time around.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd take the SB without the show.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the reruns of past Hard Knocks over the holiday weekend, and realized that THREE of the Ravens assistant coaches agreed to do Hard Knocks once they became head coaches (Rex being the third).

I hear all this talk about how it will be a "distraction" and "nothing positive for the team", but if three coaches chose to go through it AGAIN once they were the "head guy", you gotta think they see some positive in the process. . .

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=OCCH;3642686]Watched the reruns of past Hard Knocks over the holiday weekend, and realized that THREE of the Ravens assistant coaches agreed to do Hard Knocks once they became head coaches (Rex being the third).

I hear all this talk about how it will be a "distraction" and "nothing positive for the team", but if three coaches chose to go through it AGAIN once they were the "head guy", you gotta think they see some positive in the process. . .[/QUOTE]

The Jets need all the publicity they can get they have to sell seats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That post had a very DWC-esque feel to it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3642247]1- This isn't some team coming off a 4-12 season. [/quote]

No, it's a 9-7 team who was VERY lucky to make the playoffs at all, and once in had a very good run (the "gotta be in it to win it" theory.)

[QUOTE]2- Expectations! It's good to have expectations. How many years have the Jets been mentioned as contenders?[/QUOTE]

Quite a few actually, and most times some key injury, drama or distraction took them down.

[QUOTE]3- Cameras, all over the place. Would you want to be the player that comes into camp out of shape? Football players do have pride.[/QUOTE]

They also have egos and many are attention whores who will care more about how they appear, than how they're playing/coaching.

[QUOTE]4- Sanchez! This guy sets the tone for gym rats. This dude is a leader. Mark loves the spotlight, he is one cool customer as he showed in the playoffs on the road.[/QUOTE]

Sophomore QB coming off an avergae production, high-INT-count seasons under massive pressure, missing a key O-lineman and with nothing but ?'s in the backfield.

[QUOTE]5- Rex- Guy loves the camera[/QUOTE]

Thats a good thing? Less camera love and attention whoring is fine by me.

Talk ON the field, with WINS, not off it, with SPIN.

[QUOTE]6- Veteran Leadership- Jets have it in spades and not just in "older guys", this is a pretty young team with excellent leaders.
    Mangold- Harris- Revis- Sanchez- Dbrick- Leonard[/QUOTE]

Sanchez is "Veteran leadership"? If you say so. Veteran leadership was Jones and Faneca, we'll see if those you list can or will step up and fill that void. They havn't yet, and three are in contentious contract disputes.

[QUOTE]I personally think the media is trying to put a wedge into this team.[/QUOTE]

No, the media (i.e. HBO) is trying to make a buck off the Jets massive ego/attention whore status, and could care less if it helps or hinders the teams play in 2010. Ownership doesn't care either, as they need money. And Ryan and Co are the aforementioned attention whores (including the laughable Rex Ryan post-2010 book deal).

If winning was priority #1, the team does not do Hard Knocks. Period.

[QUOTE]Imagine if they won the Superbowl?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I CAN imaghine it, but in my imagination it doesn't start off with a lame reality TV show, it starts with a win at home in Week 1 and a team that is all business.

All killer, no filler.

[quote]We'd have this HBO show to look back on the characters of this Jet squad for years.[/QUOTE]

Yet if they didn't do it, the Super Bowl victory would be no less sweet.

So why do it, if not for the fame and $$$? Why risk even the chance that doing it is a distraction in ANY form? Why risk it, if we're SO close to being a Champion team (as everyone on JI seems to think)?
    Last edited by Warfish; 07-09-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can tell that SOJ still lives when Jets fans are worried that reality TV is going to be the reason for the next collapse.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3642770]you can tell that SOJ still lives when Jets fans are worried that reality TV is going to be the reason for the next collapse.[/QUOTE]

Untrue, if you ask me.

"Same Old Jets [B][U]FAN[/U][/B]" isn't all negative.

Same Old Jets [B][U]FAN[/U][/B] gets all crazy-stupid ****-talking optimisitic every offseason, ranting endlessly how the Jets are now the greatest power in the Universe, and nothing can stop them, pigs are ripe for slaugher, gaps are closing, Super Bowls are guaranteed and every player we kept/aquired is the best player in the NFL at their position, and our division rivals are all ****ty and on the downslide and any dumbass can see all that.

Then, halfway through the season, when they realize how utterly full of **** they were, they go into reverse CYA mode, and start claiming loudly how "they knew it all along, they saw through the media and fan hype, and knew this wasn't their year and that players X, Y and Z sucked".

THAT, my friend, is Same Old Jets [B][U]FAN[/U][/B].

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3642806]Untrue, if you ask me.

Same Old Jets [B][U]FAN[/U][/B] gets all crazy-stupid ****-talking optimisitic every offseason, ranting endlessly how the Jets are now the greatest power in the Universe, and nothing can stop them, pigs are ripe for slaugher, gaps are closing, Super Bowls are guaranteed and every player we kept/aquired is the best player in the NFL at their position, and our division rivals are all ****ty and on the downslide and any dumbass can see all that.

Then, halfway through the season, when they realize how utterly full of **** they were, they go into reverse CYA mode, and start claiming loudly how "they knew it all along, they saw through the media and fan hype, and knew this wasn't their year and that players X, Y and Z sucked".

THAT, my friend, is Same Old Jets [B][U]FAN[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]

:rotfl:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3642764]

No, it's a 9-7 team who was VERY lucky to make the playoffs at all, and once in had a very good run (the "gotta be in it to win it" theory.)

[/QUOTE]

My view, the incredibly crazy bad luck during the season cancels out the good luck that got em' into the post season. The Jets proved they had more than just luck on their side, you know this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3642806]Untrue, if you ask me.

THAT, my friend, is Same Old Jets [B][U]FAN[/U][/B].[/QUOTE]
    That really isn't only what you call a SOJF Fish.. I had a buddy who came from a very weathly family and all his Mom did 24/7 was look at the negative side of everything and complain.. There are people like that that look at sports and their team the same way they look at life..:yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the simple fact ... that its our team.. not the ravens, bengles, cheifs, cowboys

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ubrnostrum;3642536]I can't justify the extra cost.

will it be shown anywhere else later on? I don't care if I watch it the first time around.[/QUOTE]

NFL Network.

They had a Hard Knocks marathon on 4th of July.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Premieres August 11, 2010...

[url]http://www.hbo.com/hard-knocks/index.html#/hard-knocks/episodes/0/1-episode/index.html[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3642764]

So why do it, if not for the fame and $$$? Why risk even the chance that doing it is a distraction in ANY form? Why risk it, if we're SO close to being a Champion team (as everyone on JI seems to think)?[/QUOTE]

Because when it comes down to it, the NFL is entertainment. I don't know about you, but I have never seen the Jets win the Super Bowl. They have still provided me with countless moments/games that I have enjoyed over the years. Watching this show will provide just another form of entertainment for most Jets fans and many NFL fans in general leading into the season. Most NFL fans I know are very excited to watch the Jets on Hard Knocks.

I really don't see how this could ever be a distraction, especially with the way Rex Ryan runs the Jets. Players are encouraged to speak their minds and be who they are. The mutual respect thing is that the players will work hard, and if last season is any indication, I believe that this strategy is extremely effective with the athletes of today. With the way BB runs the Pats, Hard Knocks would never work because he runs his team on the extreme other side of the spectrum.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reasons to love Jets on Hard Knocks....Because im a jets fan and thats all i care about...lol

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3642764]No, it's a 9-7 team who was VERY lucky to make the playoffs at all, and once in had a very good run (the "gotta be in it to win it" theory.)

Quite a few actually, and most times some key injury, drama or distraction took them down.

They also have egos and many are attention whores who will care more about how they appear, than how they're playing/coaching.

Sophomore QB coming off an avergae production, high-INT-count seasons under massive pressure, missing a key O-lineman and with nothing but ?'s in the backfield.

Thats a good thing? Less camera love and attention whoring is fine by me.

Talk ON the field, with WINS, not off it, with SPIN.

Sanchez is "Veteran leadership"? If you say so. Veteran leadership was Jones and Faneca, we'll see if those you list can or will step up and fill that void. They havn't yet, and three are in contentious contract disputes.

No, the media (i.e. HBO) is trying to make a buck off the Jets massive ego/attention whore status, and could care less if it helps or hinders the teams play in 2010. Ownership doesn't care either, as they need money. And Ryan and Co are the aforementioned attention whores (including the laughable Rex Ryan post-2010 book deal).

If winning was priority #1, the team does not do Hard Knocks. Period.

Yes, I CAN imaghine it, but in my imagination it doesn't start off with a lame reality TV show, it starts with a win at home in Week 1 and a team that is all business.

All killer, no filler.

Yet if they didn't do it, the Super Bowl victory would be no less sweet.

So why do it, if not for the fame and $$$? Why risk even the chance that doing it is a distraction in ANY form? Why risk it, if we're SO close to being a Champion team (as everyone on JI seems to think)?[/QUOTE]

ARE YOU A FAN OR JUST TRY TO START S***...i don't get where you're coming from...its a good situation for the jets to be doing this it makes a lot of the guys realize that they are lined up for something big this year,,,not just media attention whores like you say. i think it give us the fans a great look into how this teams operates during the off season which I'm sure a lot of fans would love to see and don't have the time to go see. its not the Jets fault that Rex and a lot of the players have big personalities and are great for TV... they will be talking the same sh** that they would be behind "closed Doors" during the show...this is great for this team and organization and hopefully they build on this positive experience.