Thread: LeBron, the Jets, and Woody

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

LeBron, the Jets, and Woody

LBJ decides not to sign with the Knicks. A strong possibility for this decision is the presence of one James Dolan, CEO of MSG. As a Knick fan I am disappointed that LeBron does not come to the Knicks however still feel that with a few strategic moves the Knicks can improve greatly and rebuild the franchise. Then I think about Dolan and his decision to dispatch Isiah Thomas in a last ditch attempt to lure James and I realize that the odds are very much against it.

On the positive side, and as a Jets fan, I am also reminded that Dolan bid on the Jets after Leon Hess's death in the late 90's. This bid failed while Woody Johnson become owner. I can't say I have agreed with everything Woody has done however I think most of us would agree that he has built a solid organization and an upper echelon team and franchise in his tenure.

So now I have my silver lining, it could be worse, Dolan and MSG could have owned the Jets and my falls and winters would have been shot. Therefore I am grateful to Woody.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ummm... did you not notice the plethora of lebron threads that got moved to an appropriate forum?

Thanx, BTW to the mod.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPrisoner12 View Post
    LBJ decides not to sign with the Knicks. A strong possibility for this decision is the presence of one James Dolan, CEO of MSG. As a Knick fan I am disappointed that LeBron does not come to the Knicks however still feel that with a few strategic moves the Knicks can improve greatly and rebuild the franchise. Then I think about Dolan and his decision to dispatch Isiah Thomas in a last ditch attempt to lure James and I realize that the odds are very much against it.

On the positive side, and as a Jets fan, I am also reminded that Dolan bid on the Jets after Leon Hess's death in the late 90's. This bid failed while Woody Johnson become owner. I can't say I have agreed with everything Woody has done however I think most of us would agree that he has built a solid organization and an upper echelon team and franchise in his tenure.

So now I have my silver lining, it could be worse, Dolan and MSG could have owned the Jets and my falls and winters would have been shot. Therefore I am grateful to Woody.

I'm not saying LBJ, would have done what Gretzky did for hockey, but I think he would have given BB a real shot in the arm, with the Knicks.
    Last edited by Apache 51; 07-09-2010 at 02:09 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    ummm . . . I thought of it as a Jets thread, but you can do what you want with it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah as a semi knicks fan I was disappointed..

However, as a JETS fan and in general I was happy dolan the cock sucker piece of sht douche bag did not get lbj.

Funny thing is the spell checker knew that I miss spelled douche bag.

FCK MSG!

LBJ did not come because despite all his hype he is a big pansy afraid of failure. So he figures he'll just coast along.

The King... LMAO A king does not follow he leads.