Thread: Baseball season so far

Baseball season so far

I think this year so far has been a great year so far.

Teams such as the Mets,Reds,Padres,Rangers are having years that not many people predicted.A great 3 team race in the al central,al east,nl east a 4 team race in the nl west.
    Strausburg,Heyward.The young pitching around the league.

Baseball gets crapped on a lot by people but this to me has been a great year so far

Agreed 100%

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Absoulutely, as I see it...if the Rays can stay healthy here in 2010, they should take the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

I'm looking for B.J Upton to have a breakout season; He's now 100% Healthy.

Evan Longoria should and could make a strong running for the AL MVP award.

I'm looking for Matt Garza to have his best season as of yet, I'm also looking for either Sean Rodriguez or Desmond Jennings to make a strong rookie splash with the Rays this year. Sean Rod had 29 hits, 6 HR's and 17 RBI's to go along with a batting average of .460 during the spring.

I love the scrappy 1-2 punch of Bartlett and Zobrist @ SS/2B for the Rays and cant wait for our 2nd Baseman Reid Brignac to get called up this season; Brignac hit for .350 this spring.

Cant wait to see Carl Crawford out in LF; He's exciting to watch every night. He's becoming a solid hitter @ the plate, plays some of the best OF in the game today, and he's still one of the best, if not the best base runner in the league.

Inorder for The Rays to win the AL East, they need Navarro to have a much better season than he did last year, Burrell needs to step up as our DH hitter, Carlos Pena needs to cut down on the K outs, and Hank Blaylock needs to play like he did with the Rangers as our DH man behind both Burrell and Aybar.

Their lineup is explosive; It's full of nothing but speed and power.

Their starting pitching, 1 through 4, could be lights out with Garza, Shields, Price and Niemann.

David Price should be much improved as our #3 pitcher this year. Price gained a lot of much needed experience as a rookie last year; I'm looking for Price to win around 15 games this year.

Niemann has been developed over the years and developed the right way with the Rays. If you ask me, Jeff Niemann could have taken home the AL Rookie of the year award last year, I'm expecting 15+ wins from Niemann; He's looked CONFIDENT this spring. More confident than he's ever been.

James Shields may be our Ace as of right now, but I believe that Matt Garza could be our Ace before it's all said and done. Garza has the best stuff of any pitcher on the team as of right now; looking for a 20+ Win Season for Garza this year.

As far as Shields go... He's the work-horse type of pitcher that every rotation/bullpen needs, and thats because Shields can go 7-8+ innings with just about each and every start.

Wade Davis could have a David Price type of rookie season this year (Lots of up's and downs) but I'll take that as our #5 man. Our Bullpen is also the best it's ever been heading into the 2010 season as far as talent goes.

One thing is for sure, 2010 should be a dog fight here in the AL East with the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays all fielding playoff types of teams.

In my eyes, the Yankees are the team to beat here in 2010. The Yankees are the team thats defending their World Series Championship. I respect that.

-

Goddamn 32....still makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Absoulutely, as I see it...if the Rays can stay healthy here in 2010, they should take the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

I'm looking for B.J Upton to have a breakout season; He's now 100% Healthy.

Evan Longoria should and could make a strong running for the AL MVP award.

I'm looking for Matt Garza to have his best season as of yet, I'm also looking for either Sean Rodriguez or Desmond Jennings to make a strong rookie splash with the Rays this year. Sean Rod had 29 hits, 6 HR's and 17 RBI's to go along with a batting average of .460 during the spring.

I love the scrappy 1-2 punch of Bartlett and Zobrist @ SS/2B for the Rays and cant wait for our 2nd Baseman Reid Brignac to get called up this season; Brignac hit for .350 this spring.

Cant wait to see Carl Crawford out in LF; He's exciting to watch every night. He's becoming a solid hitter @ the plate, plays some of the best OF in the game today, and he's still one of the best, if not the best base runner in the league.

Inorder for The Rays to win the AL East, they need Navarro to have a much better season than he did last year, Burrell needs to step up as our DH hitter, Carlos Pena needs to cut down on the K outs, and Hank Blaylock needs to play like he did with the Rangers as our DH man behind both Burrell and Aybar.

Their lineup is explosive; It's full of nothing but speed and power.

Their starting pitching, 1 through 4, could be lights out with Garza, Shields, Price and Niemann.

David Price should be much improved as our #3 pitcher this year. Price gained a lot of much needed experience as a rookie last year; I'm looking for Price to win around 15 games this year.

Niemann has been developed over the years and developed the right way with the Rays. If you ask me, Jeff Niemann could have taken home the AL Rookie of the year award last year, I'm expecting 15+ wins from Niemann; He's looked CONFIDENT this spring. More confident than he's ever been.

James Shields may be our Ace as of right now, but I believe that Matt Garza could be our Ace before it's all said and done. Garza has the best stuff of any pitcher on the team as of right now; looking for a 20+ Win Season for Garza this year.

As far as Shields go... He's the work-horse type of pitcher that every rotation/bullpen needs, and thats because Shields can go 7-8+ innings with just about each and every start.

Wade Davis could have a David Price type of rookie season this year (Lots of up's and downs) but I'll take that as our #5 man. Our Bullpen is also the best it's ever been heading into the 2010 season as far as talent goes.

One thing is for sure, 2010 should be a dog fight here in the AL East with the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays all fielding playoff types of teams.

In my eyes, the Yankees are the team to beat here in 2010. The Yankees are the team thats defending their World Series Championship. I respect that.

-

haha that was your only funny post

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Goddamn 32....still makes me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    haha that was your only funny post
    Lol....sorry to disturb you guys, were you taking naps?