Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tired of hearing about Jones & Faneca!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Tired of hearing about Jones & Faneca!

Leadership my ass!
    The Steelers let Faneca walk & went on to win a superbowl! And now he's 3 years older.
    Quick...........Name the guard that replaced him on the Steelers?

Jones- Sure, he had big arms & a mean disposition before games but the guy was on his 3rd team people & ran out of steam when we needed him most.
    Sure there's something to be said for his durability but that doesn't win Superbowls (see Curtis Martin).

Tony Richardson looked good carrying the rock behind this line when he got his chances.

These are the moves that teams wanting to get to the next level make. They may not be universally loved but they take balls to make them.

In the past the Jets would make a big free agent signing of an aging player like Leonard Marshall.
    In years past LT would have been a starter signing. Now he's a backup on this Jet team.
    In the past the Jets would trade for aging stars
    Now they traded for Edwards- Cromarty- Holmes
    Players in their frigging prime
    If people want to ***** about it at least do it after you see the team perform without them for a season.
    Winning a Superbowl in this league is not easy, you need to stay relatively healthy, and even have a little luck.

There isn't one guy on this message board thats speaking negatively about this team that isn't excited to see what this 2010 version of the Jets is going to look like.
    Even Gil Brandt said on the NFL sirius radio that he thinks they are a little overrated. But, he clarified his statement by saying Sanchez is still an unproven commodity & thats why he feels that way.
    But, he also said that this Jet team is LOADED with talent (that they have one of if not the best Oline) & if Sanchez can run this ship with success and continues to get better they will be a tough out on anybodies schedule.
    With Rex pulling the strings, every Sunday vs the NY Jets will be a tighten your chinstrap slugfest! They will bring a physical presence each & every Sunday!
    Seriously, as a true fan of this team, how the hell can you not be excited about that?
    Seriously?
    Last edited by jetster; 07-09-2010 at 09:53 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    thomas jones and alan faneca who?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3643040]thomas jones and alan faneca who?[/QUOTE]

Now that's the kind of response I'm looking for.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3643039]Leadership my ass!
    The Steelers let Faneca walk & went on to win a superbowl! And now he's 3 years older.

Jones- Sure, he had big arms & a mean disposition before games but the guy was on his 3rd team people & ran out of steam when we needed him most.
    Sure there's something to be said for his durability but that doesn't win Superbowls (see Curtis Martin).

Tony Richardson looked good carrying the rock behind this line when he got his chances.

These are the moves that teams wanting to get to the next level make. They may not be universally loved but they take balls to make them.

In the past the Jets would make a big free agent signing of an aging player like Leonard Marshall.
    In years past LT would have been a starter signing. Now he's a backup on this Jet team.
    If people want to ***** about it at least do it after you see the team perform without them for a season.
    Winning a Superbowl in this league is not easy, you need to stay relatively healthy, and even have a little luck.

There isn't one guy on this message board thats speaking negatively about this team that isn't excited to see what this 2010 version of the Jets is going to look like.
    Even Gil Brandt said on the NFL sirius radio that he thinks they are a little overrated. But, he clarified his statement by saying Sanchez is still an unproven commodity & thats why he feels that way.
    But, he also said that this Jet team is LOADED with talent (that they have one of if not the best Oline) & if Sanchez can run this ship with success and continues to get better they will be a tough out on anybodies schedule.
    With Rex pulling the strings, every Sunday vs the NY Jets will be a tighten your chinstrap slugfest! They will bring a physical presence each & every Sunday!
    Seriously, as a true fan of this team, how the hell can you not be excited about that?
    Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Of course we're excited at jets fans for this year. Things are indeed looking up.

However, I'm not excited to have LT backing up Greene. I'm a bit worried about Greene getting the rock 350 times in a year, especially after getting hurt in the AFCCG withnot many carries last year. I think LT is done as a back. That leaves us with McKnight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetster;3643039]Leadership my ass!

Seriously?[/QUOTE]

Great post! I completely agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah espns ultimate rankings has the jets at 4. and matt millin of all people, the guy who destroyed the lions sas the jets dont deserve a high ranking like that, saying that they lost jones and faneca. why does he even havea job talking about football?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out with the old and in with the new. The Jets have Ducasse and Greene.:D Who needs Fanaca and Jones?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LV2;3643051]However, I'm not excited to have LT backing up Greene. I'm a bit worried about Greene getting the rock 350 times in a year, especially after getting hurt in the AFCCG withnot many carries last year. I think LT is done as a back. That leaves us with McKnight.[/QUOTE]

If I were a Jets fan, that'd be my concern as well. Call Jones an unexciting product of the Jets O-line all you want, but he never got hurt. If Greene goes down, Mark Sanchez could struggle. While if all goes as planned for you guys, he should be a good game manager next year, I wouldn't be comfortable with a QB who's basically still a rookie having to go out and win games with his arm.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3643068]If I were a Jets fan, that'd be my concern as well. Call Jones an unexciting product of the Jets O-line all you want, but he never got hurt. If Greene goes down, Mark Sanchez could struggle. While if all goes as planned for you guys, he should be a good game manager next year, I wouldn't be comfortable with a QB who's basically still a rookie having to go out and win games with his arm.[/QUOTE]

That's moronic

Sanchez has weapons now that most QB's in the league don't have

Jets will still emphasize the running game, but Sanchez has already proven he has the goods, his playoff performances proved that, he's only going to get better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faneca will be missed for a week or so until Ducasse surpasses his pass protection and run blocking levels.

Thomas Two Yards won't be missed for a nannosecond

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3643070]That's moronic

Jets will still emphasize the running game, but Sanchez has already proven he has the goods, his playoff performances proved that, he's only going to get better.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez has shown he's prone to hot and cold streaks. He started off his rookie year hot, got really cold for most of the middle of the year, and finished off strong to end the regular season and playoffs. Hell, even in the playoffs I wouldn't say that Sanchez was consistently good. His performance against the Chargers would've been enough to cost most teams that game. If you think Sanchez's struggles are over, you are in for a rude awakening. On the whole, he'll almost certainly be better, but there will be two or three games where you will hate his guts. Even though he's started a year in the pros, he's still incredibly young and more inexperienced than a lot of guys.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3643071]Faneca will be missed for a week or so until Ducasse surpasses his pass protection and run blocking levels.

Thomas Two Yards won't be missed for a nannosecond[/QUOTE]

+1 .. great summary of the whole thread :yes:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3643077]Sanchez blah blah blah Sanchez blah blah blah Sanchez's blah blah blah.

Blah.[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute...Michael Anthony owns your team, right?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3643077]Sanchez has shown he's prone to hot and cold streaks. He started off his rookie year hot, got really cold for most of the middle of the year, and finished off strong to end the regular season and playoffs. Hell, even in the playoffs I wouldn't say that Sanchez was consistently good. His performance against the Chargers would've been enough to cost most teams that game. If you think Sanchez's struggles are over, you are in for a rude awakening. On the whole, he'll almost certainly be better, but there will be two or three games where you will hate his guts. Even though he's started a year in the pros, he's still incredibly young and more inexperienced than a lot of guys.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. I wish we had a playoff superstar like Chad Henne.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;3643070]That's moronic

Jets will still emphasize the running game, but Sanchez has already proven he has the goods, his playoff performances proved that, he's only going to get better.[/QUOTE]Sanchez won some playoff games was he great in those games?No... Did Sanchez have a great regular season? No... Was Sanchez able to lean on his running game and defense? Yes. Did the Jets have any major injurys last year? No. All of the piece could fall in place and it could be a special year ,or Sanchez's weakness could be exposed ,Holmes screws up,The rookie guards are exposed. Tight ends start tearing our secondary up.Most over hyped pre season teams never reach expectations

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3643092]Wait a minute...Michael Anthony owns your team, right?[/QUOTE]

No, Michael Anthony used to be the bass player for Van Halen. I don't know what he's doing nowadays now that Eddie's son plays bass for them, but he definitely has nothing to do with the Dolphins. Marc Anthony, on the other hand, is a minority owner for the Dolphins. Sang a pretty decent Star Spangled Banner on that Monday Night game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dash with a past;3643099]Sanchez won some playoff games was he great in those games?No... Did Sanchez have a great regular season? No... Was Sanchez able to lean on his running game and defense? Yes. [B]Did the Jets have any major injurys last year? No.[/B] All of the piece could fall in place and it could be a special year ,or Sanchez's weakness could be exposed ,Holmes screws up,The rookie guards are exposed. Tight ends start tearing our secondary up.Most over hyped pre season teams never reach expectations[/QUOTE]

Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington say hi.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CW_McGraw;3643077]Sanchez has shown he's prone to hot and cold streaks. He started off his rookie year hot, got really cold for most of the middle of the year, and finished off strong to end the regular season and playoffs. Hell, even in the playoffs I wouldn't say that Sanchez was consistently good. His performance against the Chargers would've been enough to cost most teams that game. If you think Sanchez's struggles are over, you are in for a rude awakening. On the whole, he'll almost certainly be better, but there will be two or three games where you will hate his guts. Even though he's started a year in the pros, he's still incredibly young and more inexperienced than a lot of guys.[/QUOTE]

He was a R-O-O-K-I-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Considering his 17 games as a starter in college, he did DAMN well, beyond impressive as a rookie, that is a scary thought when you look at his body of work last season, his commitment and hardwork this off-season, and the impression he's already left on the rest of a team stocked with talent.

We get it, you're a phin fan, and it kills you, but Sanchez is the goods, we all know he's only 23, that only makes his potential that much more impressive to think about.

[quote]Did the Jets have any major injurys last year? No.[/quote]

We lost our 2nd best defensive player in Jenkins, and arguably our most dynamic play maker on offense and ST's in Leon Washington.

Stop hating, phin fan.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    quick summary of things (especially for the visiting trollery)

NFL CAREER POSTSEASON WINS (since implementation of wireless defensive signals and the end of knowing every defensive play in advance of the snap)

Mark Sanchez 2 (2-1)

Chad Hehhehhehhehne 0 (0-1)

Tommi Gayboy 0 (0-1)

now back to the regularly scheduled discussion of the minimal losses of Faneca and Thomas TwoYards

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely agree with this post. Sanchez will be better, but he's still a year away. He's not carrying us anywhere this year without the support of a strong running game and a dominant defense. He will throw another 15 INTs this year and inevitably cost us a game or two.