Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

View Poll Results: Are you bored of Revis' contract news ???

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes .. dont care if he signs or not .. we will still be good.

16 39.02%
  • Whatever ... play ball

17 41.46%
  • NO ... He must sign or we will suck.

8 19.51%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you BORED of the Revis contract updates ??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you BORED of the Revis contract updates ??

Where do you stand on the Revis contract news ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dunnie;3643626]Where do you stand on the Revis contract news ?[/QUOTE]

Gee I wonder how Bit or Buzz will vote???:P

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could we just ignore this until something happens?
    I was glad to see all the Revis threads go away.
    Am I the only one?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    right now it seems like the choice will be make mangold and harris happy or revis happy. obviously it would be great if all were happy but in the above scenario, i think i'd rather see mangold and harris happy. revis has less of a leg to stand on, contract wise.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm bored about all the talk how great Revis is!!!!!!!!!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3643635]Gee I wonder how Bit or Buzz will vote???:P[/QUOTE]
    i'm guessing the same as me..

pay [B]the best defensive player in football [/B]or once again be the joke of the league..

sorry you don't get it & i'm sure you never will..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer that they negotiate in private. I am totally sick of all the speculation and nonsense surrounding the issue. I believe that we will be better with REVIS but can win without him if it comes to that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am sick of Revis and his contract.

I think of one word and one word only when I hear Revis's name... [B]GREEDY[/B].

The kid has 3 years left on his rookie deal - a deal that he held out well into training camp to get in the first place.

STFU and play football.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3643678]I am sick of Revis and his contract.

I think of one word and one word only when I hear Revis's name... [B]GREEDY[/B].

The kid has 3 years left on his rookie deal - a deal that he held out well into training camp to get in the first place.

STFU and play football.[/QUOTE]

Truer words were never spoken... :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3643662]i'm guessing the same as me..

pay [B]the best defensive player in football [/B]or once again be the joke of the league..

sorry you don't get it & i'm sure you never will..[/QUOTE]

Pay him what 16 million?? On one year he's the best D player in Football?? We have had a better record then the Cowboys and others the last 10 years are they a joke too?? The real joke is the SOJ Fan who puts player worship before the team.. If it was up to you Bit and Buzz you would blow a 150 million cap on 10 of your favorite players..:rolleyes: BTW Jared Allen has been All Pro the last 3 years totaling 44.5 sacks in that time but your hero is the best?? The best CB fine but open your love clogged eye's now and then..
    Last edited by Savage69; 07-11-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3643662]i'm guessing the same as me..

pay the best defensive player in football [B]or once again be the joke of the league..[/B]

sorry you don't get it & i'm sure you never will..[/QUOTE]

Really, those are the only 2 choices?

LOL, clueless SOJF at it again.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3643689]Really, those are the only 2 choices?

LOL, clueless SOJF at it again.[/QUOTE]
    clueless SOJF my ass!! i haven't been stuck on that gloom & doom BS for years..

tanny (who i love) opened up this can of worms, not me..

since you & rex are "buddies", why don't you ask him how important revis is to his defensive game planning..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3643699]clueless SOJF my ass!! i haven't been stuck on that gloom & doom BS for years..

tanny (who i love) opened up this can of worms, not me..

since you & rex are "buddies", why don't you ask him how important revis is to his defensive game planning..[/QUOTE]

Right, claiming that without Revis the Jets will turn into a joke proves beyond a doubt that you're not a doom and gloom guy.

I don't need to ask Rex if he thinks something that stupid is a possibility.

Wake up, Revis is NOT the most important player on the Jets. Or the most responsible for their turn around.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3643703]Right, claiming that without Revis the Jets will turn into a joke.

Wake up, Revis is NOT the most important player on the Jets. Or the most responsible for their turn around.[/QUOTE]

Rex has said countless times that he can not do the things on defense that he wants to do without Revis. Jets aren't sniffing #1 defense without #24.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3643685]Pay him what 16 million?? On one year he's the best D player in Football?? We have had a better record then the Cowboys and others the last 10 years are they a joke too?? The real joke is the SOJ Fan who puts player worship before the team.. If it was up to you Bit and Buzz you would blow a 150 million cap on 10 of your favorite players..:rolleyes: BTW Jared Allen has been All Pro the last 3 years totaling 44.5 sacks in that time but your hero is the best?? The best CB fine but open your love clogged eye's now and then..[/QUOTE]
    you don't let an all world talent walk because you might lose, say a really good MLB or a great center..

rex loves corners or haven't you heard?? it is the backbone of what he does on defense..

you & jet nut are "[B]SOJF's[/B]", not me guy..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3643703]Right, claiming that without Revis the Jets will turn into a joke proves beyond a doubt that you're not a doom and gloom guy.

Wake up, Revis is NOT the most important player on the Jets. Or the most responsible for their turn around.[/QUOTE]
    if revis didn't play a down this season the jets would still have a very good defensive unit.. just not a great one..

i'm sorry you have no clue how important revis is to rex's game planning & i'm glad you have nothing to do with resigning him..

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;3643706]Rex has said countless times that he can not do the things on defense that he wants to do without Revis. Jets aren't sniffing #1 defense without #24.[/QUOTE]

Saying that he's the best, saying that he allows me to do things that I can't without a leading cover corner does NOT say that we will be a joke of the league without Revis. Only SOJF would think that.

Believe what you want, Reivs is not the only reason that the Jets were the number one D last season.

Just as all the idiotic "the Jets will be run over, their D will suck and the Jets will suck if Jenks goes down" talk of a year ago. A year ago the talk was Jenks was the irreplaceable player not Revis. All would be lost if Jenks went down. I remember the predictions of maybe 6 wins without Jenks. Just as all those predictions of a year a ago didn't pan out, neither would the Revis talk. He would be missed, the Jets D would move on.

Great D's are never the result of a single player carrying the load.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 07-11-2010 at 03:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetgreen13;3643712]if revis didn't play a down this season the jets would still have a very good defensive unit.. just not a great one..

i'm sorry you have no clue how important revis is to rex's game planning & i'm glad you have nothing to do with resigning him..[/QUOTE]

I was the one calling for the Jets to draft another corner because of Rex.

As for the clueless part, sorry, but I just don't agree with you.

Cro, Wilson, etc would manage well enough for the jets to manage. The D will still be the heart of the team and would be a force to deal with.

Funny, Rex's D's in Baltimore lost players on the level of Revis and managed. Always were the heart of the team.

And while you're at it, find a single post where i said he shouldn't be kept, or given a new deal.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3643715]I was the one calling for the Jets to draft another corner because of Rex.

As for the clueless part, sorry, but I just don't agree with you.

Cro, Wilson, etc would manage well enough for the jets to manage. The D will still be the heart of the team and would be a force to deal with.

[B][COLOR="Red"]Funny, Rex's D's in Baltimore lost players on the level of Revis and managed.[/COLOR][/B] Always were the heart of the team.

And while you're at it, find a single post where i said he shouldn't be kept, or given a new deal.[/QUOTE]
    [B]really??
    [/B]
    [B]link??[/B]

the kid is all world..

pay him..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;3643713]Saying that he's the best, saying that he allows me to do things that I can't without a leading cover corner does NOT say that we will be a joke of the league without Revis. Only SOJF would think that.

Believe what you want, Reivs is not the only reason that the Jets were the number one D last season.

Just as all the idiotic "the Jets will be run over, their D will suck and the Jets will suck if Jenks goes down" talk of a year ago. A year ago the talk was Jenks was the irreplaceable player not Revis. All would be lost if Jenks went down. I remember the predictions of maybe 6 wins without Jenks. Just as all those predictions of a year a ago didn't pan out, neither would the Revis talk. He would be missed, the Jets D would move on.

Great D's are never the result of a single player carrying the load.[/QUOTE]

+1 Amen a fan who actually understands football. The Jets D will suck if Revis gets his way because the Jets will be strapped in the future unable acquire Quality players to surround Revis it takes more than 1 player to build a contending team. As much as I love Revis I much rather keep the foudation of the team then keep Revis and have to lose the young core of players the Jets have.