Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yeah, Santana looks done...16 inning scoreless streak

Yeah, Santana looks done...16 inning scoreless streak

& he's a much better 2nd half pitcher.

Overall in his career, he is 61-19 with a 2.73 ERA in 130 second-half games (105 starts).

"I just pitch and I feel better as the season goes," Santana said. "It's all about getting better, so that's what I try to do and I challenge myself. Me, personally, I'm feeling much better."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz0tTVcvhAJ

...Beltran's back, Mets take the NL East- take that to the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post

Overall in his career, he is 61-19 with a 2.73 ERA in 130 second-half games (105 starts).

"I just pitch and I feel better as the season goes," Santana said. "It's all about getting better, so that's what I try to do and I challenge myself. Me, personally, I'm feeling much better."

you really made a thread about this? that's how the season goes, there's ups and downs. I'm pretty sure Tex is up in the 250's now, and i'm pretty sure you were talking about how he's done on more than one occasion

tucker/gholston showdown. FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Meh, I never thought he was done, he just looked like an ace having the normal ups and downs combined with a lack of run support.

Yeah, I said it. A LACK OF RUN SUPPORT.

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Meh, I never thought he was done, he just looked like an ace having the normal ups and downs combined with a lack of run support.

Yeah, I said it. A LACK OF RUN SUPPORT.

what's hapnin, 32??

Santana helped his own cause during his last start..with a home run- that's how they role in the NL. They like to call it real baseball

what's hapnin, 32??

Santana helped his own cause during his last start..with a home run- that's how they role in the NL. They like to call it real baseball
    Nothing says real baseball like a .139 OBP

Jets Insider VIP
    I hate the baseball forum.

Still a good pitcher, but his stuff is not nearly the same as it used to be. He used to dominate, now he's more crafty and can grind out of situations.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Still a good pitcher, but his stuff is not nearly the same as it used to be. He used to dominate, now he's more crafty and can grind out of situations.
    The hallmark of a GREAT pitcher.

All Pro
    Just wait until he has to face the Phillies again. He and the Muts will choke this year just like they always do.

I wish the Mets would win that division, but there's no chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Just wait until he has to face the Phillies again. He and the Muts will choke this year just like they always do.

I wish the Mets would win that division, but there's no chance of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post

stop, let Tucker live in his little Mets dream world and come around once a week/month to post a thread how a player is hot. You're right Tucker, Santana is a dominant ace

Come October, I have a feeling we won't be seeing much of you and you're threads in the baseball forum

Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    oh that's just TD bein TD...he figures if he out's himself in a football forum anonymously, he'll eventually have the guts to come out to his friends & famiglia...do it Tyler! I'm sure it'll be a load off (& in your case, on) your back

oh that's just TD bein TD...he figures if he out's himself in a football forum anonymously, he'll eventually have the guts to come out to his friends & famiglia...do it Tyler! I'm sure it'll be a load off (& in your case, on) your back
    I don't care if you anyone thinks I'm a homo...
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-12-2010 at 12:37 PM.

Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I don't care if you anyone thinks I'm a homo...

I have no idea, nor do I care...it's just perplexing why you would post pics like that, & it lead me to believe what I wrote in my prior post.

More importantly, Beltran is back, Santana is Santana again, & the Mets are looking great for the 2nd half~

Banned
    Whoever said Santana was done was very mistaken. Has he lost velocity? Yes but he's still a very good pitcher. Yes and to help him further he pitches in the National League in the Grand Canyon CitiField.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    Whoever said Santana was done was very mistaken. Has he lost velocity? Yes but he's still a very good pitcher. Yes and to help him further he pitches in the National League in the Grand Canyon CitiField.
    No one here said he was done. No one reasonable at least. The point always has been that he is still a very good pitcher, but no longer the dominant ace he was a few years ago in Minnesota. By most, but Tucker takes any accusation of his guys not being the greatest of all time as a slight on them.