Thread: Contract Issue Double Standard...

Contract Issue Double Standard...

[B]Report: 'Growing Disconnect' Between Tom Brady, Patriots On Contract Talks[/B]
    Read More: Tom Brady (QB - NEP), New England Patriots
    According to Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports, there's a "growing disconnect" between Tom Brady, the Patriots and talks of a contract extension for the star quarterback.

[B]Mankins contract big issue for Patriots[/B]May, 17, 2010 May 171:27PM
    By Tim Graham
    The theme of the New England Patriots' offseason has been identifying their keepers and re-signing them. Vince Wilfork, Kevin Faulk, Stephen Neal, Leigh Bodden and Tully Banta-Cain have new contracts they're happy with.

[B]Ronnie Brown wants multiyear deal from Dolphins, but isn't planning a holdout[/B]
    The tailback wants a multiyear contract instead of the one-year tender for $3.97 million the Dolphins have extended

[B]Contract issues cloud Colts' minicamp [/B]
    Posted June 06, 2010 @ 10:21 a.m. ET
    By Dan Arkush
    A Saturday practice at Lucas Oil Stadium that was open to fans added plenty of extra positive energy to the Colts' three-day mandatory minicamp that ended Sunday. But sources on the scene said there was no denying the camp-long concern created by the absences of three Pro Bowlers WR Reggie Wayne, DE Robert Mathis and FS Antonie Bethea. Both Wayne and Mathis, who each have two years left on their current contracts, have gone public with their desire for new deals. Bethea, meanwhile, is a restricted free agent who has yet to sign the Colts' one-year-tender of $2.521 million.

I could go on and on doing this...EVERY TEAM has these issues, especially good teams with lots of good players. Why does everyone hold these issues up as reasoning for the Jets to not reach their potential versus nary a mention of these issues in discussing how well the Pats, Dolphins, Chargers, Colts will do?

This is life in the NFL...for every team. I wish the media recognized they were creating a double standard...or said better, finding a plausible reason to downplay the Jets chances.

They must all be having problems with PSLs too. Cheap bastids ;)

All League
    [QUOTE=jetsfanri;3644141]
    I could go on and on doing this...EVERY TEAM has these issues, especially good teams with lots of good players. Why does everyone hold these issues up as reasoning for the Jets to not reach their potential versus nary a mention of these issues in discussing how well the Pats, Dolphins, Chargers, Colts will do?

This is life in the NFL...for every team. I wish the media recognized they were creating a double standard...or said better, finding a plausible reason to downplay the Jets chances.[/QUOTE]

You make an excellent point. :yes:
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 07-12-2010 at 01:01 PM.

as i have been saying, i think most fans thought the floodgates would open because this is an uncapped year. not so because the owners are not going to hamstring themselves for when the salary cap does come back. and there's no guarantee that the cap will grow as much as in years past. nice to see the patsies having a bit of unrest. interesting that they reported that has been never were players like tully banta cain and faulk were happy with their contracts when brady and mankins are not. someone should tell ronnie brown that such a fat load should be happy with 3.7M this year.

Its a double standard created because of the low point of the off season..

I would just laugh it off and not pay attention to it.. Once training camp starts, these stories will take a back page..

How many times can you read about Revis not showing up? Its all theory and rumors.. Until the player says something or acts a certain way, I wouldn't worry what these Jacka$$es have to say (writters)

Its funny reading Brady stays in Cali now and there is a disconnect between him and the team.. Of course there is.. He got married and has two kids now.. His wife who makes more than him is based in the west coast.. this isn't manning or brees wife that have no careers.. This IS the HIGHEST paid model in the world.. Its amazing how the local media always turns a blind eye when there is a report from an out of town paper showing Brady getting ready for the season.. Christ.. Welker has been out there 3 times.. But not one Boston writter wants to point this out..

To all NFL fans, take what you read about contract disputes with a grain of salt.. Last year Wilfork wasn't going to resign with the pats.. ;)

I'm just really tired of hearing how bad the jets situation is and how it will impact them. The fact is every team has issues, and the players are used to dealing with it.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=jetsfanri;3644457]I'm just really tired of hearing how bad the jets situation is and how it will impact them. The fact is every team has issues, and the players are used to dealing with it.[/QUOTE]

Also, this is the exact time of year to deal with these things, not during the season when it's a real distraction. If things are still ongoing with no resolution by the time pre-season comes around then yes, it could be an issue that'll affect the team's performance when it matters. But that's still a long way away.