Thread: jets v. giants dept. : Cortland beats UAlbany in pay ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

jets v. giants dept. : Cortland beats UAlbany in pay ~ ~ ~

Cortland beats UAlbany in pay
    Jets training camp yields SUNY Cortland tickets, other items sold for $54,000; UAlbany reaps $20,000 Giants check

~ ~ . . . An analysis of the two deals between the NFL teams and the two SUNY schools suggests the 6,300-student SUNY Cortland is getting into the end zone while UAlbany, with almost 13,000 students, is settling for three-yard gains.

"Maybe in hindsight perhaps Albany might have wanted to look at the contract again with the Giants," said DeForest R. Hinman, a UAlbany graduate. Now working as a research analyst for a $300 million investment fund in Clifton Park, Hinman helps the UAlbany Student Investment Group with endowment funds . . .

> [url]http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=949550&category=REGION[/url]

"In comparison, the New York Giants give no such treats to UAlbany, which will host the NFL team's training camp this summer for the 15th consecutive year. UAlbany gets a flat $20,000 payment from the Giants contractually.

"Cortland also wined and dined its big boosters in a $20,000 luxury box for a home game against the [B]Buffalo Bills[/B]. It was able to sell entrance to a $50-per-person cocktail reception with New York Jets personnel, allowing staff, such as College President Erik J. Bitterbaum, to attend for free."

My understanding is that there's a lot of angry Buffalo Bills fans in central New York not happy with the JETS training camp there. I think the Bills organization isn't too happy, either. Is this the reason that the JETS are so promotional? To win over Bills fans in the Cortland (Syracuse) area? Giants have no competition around here. Except maybe the JETS and possibly New England.

:jets17

This guy I work with is a Bills fan from Syracuse. He sent this to me last year. I hope he (they) don't send it out this year.

[CENTER]CORTLAND, NEW YORK

WELCOMES

THE 2009 NEW JERSEY JETS TRAINING CAMP[/CENTER]

The Buffalo Bills fans of central New York State welcome the New Jersey Jets and their out-of-state fans to New York State. We want you to spend as much money as possible in Cortland, New York before training camp ends and you all return to the State of New Jersey.

On your trip up to Cortland, you’ll pass through Pennsylvania and eventually cross the border into New York State. When you enter New York State, around Binghamton, you’ll begin to notice that you’re “not in New Jersey anymore.” New York State has one NFL team and that team is the Four-Time AFC Champions Buffalo Bills!!!!

While you’re here in Cortland, New York please remember that, just like it said on a favorite New Jersey Jets fan web site recently, the New Jersey Jets training camp at Cortland is in [B]“the heart of Buffalo Bills country.”[/B]

And since you’re in the heart of Buffalo Bills country please remember the following:

- The local Buffalo Bills fans OWN Cortland, New York. This is a FACT!

- The local Buffalo Bills fans OWN the out-of-state New Jersey Jets fans as well as the uncouth New Jersey Jets fans from New York City and Long Island while you are here. We tell you what to do! OK?

- Example: When a Buffalo Bills fan tells a New Jersey Jets fan to jump, the New Jersey Jets fan must reply with “how high?” Again, we tell you what to do! Got it?

In conclusion: We Buffalo Bills fans of central New York State want your New Jersey, New York City, Long Island MONEY! That’s all we want, though! You all have annoying accents. You all have lousy taste in clothes. You’re all overweight. You’re NFL team is from NEW FREAKING JERSEY!

Have a nice training camp visit and remember to SPEND SPEND SPEND! Then please go back to New Jersey, New York City, and Long Island.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    That whole article was 3 pages long and I thought it was a pretty interesting read.

It seems that the Jets have offered alot more perks to SUNY Cortland university alumni such as game tickets & autographed football items which they are liquidating to help fund school programs and scholarships, where it seems like the Giants really aren't giving the University of Albany much of anything other then the flat $20,000 annual fee.

The Jets are also giving SUNY Cortland free advertising on their website as well as on digital signs at the new stadium. They also said the Jets have allowed SUNY Cortland to use the new stadium on certain days which are designated recruitment days for SUNY Cortland university, pretty smart ideas and great exposure for the school.

Pretty interesting stuff.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 07-13-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3645643]That whole article was 3 pages long and I thought it was a pretty interesting read.

It seems that the Jets have offered alot more perks to SUNY Cortland university alumni such as game tickets & autographed football items which they are liquidating to help fund school programs and scholarships, where it seems like the Giants really aren't giving the University of Albany much of anything other then the flat $20,000 annual fee.

The Jets are also giving SUNY Cortland free advertising on their website as well as on digital signs at the new stadium. They also said the Jets have allowed SUNY Cortland to use the new stadium on certain days which are designated recruitment days for SUNY Cortland university, pretty smart ideas and great exposure for the school.

Pretty interesting stuff.[/QUOTE]
    good to see the jets being generous w/ suny cortland.
    cool ~ ~
    :)

Veteran
    [QUOTE=AlbanyJet;3645412]This guy I work with is a Bills fan from Syracuse. He sent this to me last year. I hope he (they) don't send it out this year.

[CENTER]CORTLAND, NEW YORK

WELCOMES

THE 2009 NEW JERSEY JETS TRAINING CAMP[/CENTER]

The Buffalo Bills fans of central New York State welcome the New Jersey Jets and their out-of-state fans to New York State. We want you to spend as much money as possible in Cortland, New York before training camp ends and you all return to the State of New Jersey.

On your trip up to Cortland, you’ll pass through Pennsylvania and eventually cross the border into New York State. When you enter New York State, around Binghamton, you’ll begin to notice that you’re “not in New Jersey anymore.” New York State has one NFL team and that team is the Four-Time AFC Champions Buffalo Bills!!!!

While you’re here in Cortland, New York please remember that, just like it said on a favorite New Jersey Jets fan web site recently, the New Jersey Jets training camp at Cortland is in [B]“the heart of Buffalo Bills country.”[/B]

And since you’re in the heart of Buffalo Bills country please remember the following:

- The local Buffalo Bills fans OWN Cortland, New York. This is a FACT!

- The local Buffalo Bills fans OWN the out-of-state New Jersey Jets fans as well as the uncouth New Jersey Jets fans from New York City and Long Island while you are here. We tell you what to do! OK?

- Example: When a Buffalo Bills fan tells a New Jersey Jets fan to jump, the New Jersey Jets fan must reply with “how high?” Again, we tell you what to do! Got it?

In conclusion: We Buffalo Bills fans of central New York State want your New Jersey, New York City, Long Island MONEY! That’s all we want, though! You all have annoying accents. You all have lousy taste in clothes. You’re all overweight. You’re NFL team is from NEW FREAKING JERSEY!

Have a nice training camp visit and remember to SPEND SPEND SPEND! Then please go back to New Jersey, New York City, and Long Island.[/QUOTE]

Do me a favor, walk over to him and kick him in the A$$ for me...

Thanks

[QUOTE=jetsnrangers;3646015]Do me a favor, walk over to him and kick him in the A$$ for me...

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Better yet, kick him in the vagina

Why? I feel sorry for the guy.

Additionally, he tells me that local Cortland-area Bills fans like to hassle the out of town JETS fans. Is that remotely true?

[QUOTE=AlbanyJet;3646404]Why? I feel sorry for the guy.

Additionally, he tells me that local Cortland-area Bills fans like to hassle the out of town JETS fans. Is that remotely true?

:jets17[/QUOTE]

I'd hope not. They'd be far outnumbered.

I've seen a few Bills fans become martyrs for their cause in the Meadowlands before.

They're not exactly the toughest bunch.

That's in the Meadowlands, though.

They claim Cortland, NY (and all of central NYS) as their own territory, by the sounds of it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=kelly;3645977]good to see the jets being generous w/ suny cortland.
    cool ~ ~
    :)[/QUOTE]

I agree, maybe they will convert some Bills fans in the process. LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3646516]I agree, maybe they will convert some Bills fans in the process. LOL.[/QUOTE]
    the bills should just go ahead & move to > [url]http://www.rogerscentre.com/about/facts.jsp[/url]

seriously :cool:

[QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;3646516]I agree, maybe they will convert some Bills fans in the process. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I think that's what the JETS and Cortland are trying to do.

"Cortland also wined and dined its big boosters in a $20,000 luxury box for a home game against the Buffalo Bills."

[url]http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=949550&category=REGION&TextPage=1#ixzz0tndumP8W[/url]