Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk 2010

Veteran

Transfer Talk 2010

Since the World Cup is over I expect a pick up in the transfer market.

In our neck of the woods we have two significant transfers;

Kader Keita (You all know him as the flopper that got Kaka thrown out ) has been sold to some team from Qatar or the UAE or something. He wasn't bad last year but he had discipline problems and they offered about 8 mio for him so I'm happy.

We have also signed a player who RD should be very familiar with; Lorik Cana from Sunderland (formerly of PSG and LOM) very excited about this transfer just what we needed a fighter in the middle of the pitch.

BD, any rumors about Harry over there? I think our board is playing hardball with him seeing that there isn't much interest but I'd still like to see him come back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    We have also signed a player who RD should be very familiar with; Lorik Cana from Sunderland (formerly of PSG and LOM) very excited about this transfer just what we needed a fighter in the middle of the pitch.
    Back stabbing b*tch, but very good pick up.

Kader Keita (You all know him as the flopper that got Kaka thrown out ) has been sold to some team from Qatar or the UAE or something. He wasn't bad last year but he had discipline problems and they offered about 8 mio for him so I'm happy.

BD, any rumors about Harry over there? I think our board is playing hardball with him seeing that there isn't much interest but I'd still like to see him come back.
    Can't recall any recent rumours about Kewell, Turk, as you know his Missus will be pressing him to move back to London.

As for rumours, as you fellas know a fair number of the Liverpool squad are heading for the exit door, Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and so on. Disappointing but that's life.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Can't recall any recent rumours about Kewell, Turk, as you know his Missus will be pressing him to move back to London.

As for rumours, as you fellas know a fair number of the Liverpool squad are heading for the exit door, Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and so on. Disappointing but that's life.
    Gerrard to Madrid wouldnt really be nessecary.

Masch to Inter? I dont get this, I thought he wanted to leave last year because of Rafa but now he wants to join him.

Who is linked with Torres?

All League
    Henry is officially a red bull

woohoo?

Veteran
    The Turkish press is reporting Rafael Marques (it was reported that Galatasaray was also interested in him) is also going to the Red Bulls, he'd be a better pickup then Henry IMO.

BTW the sewerbirds have signed Miroslav Stoch of Slovakia.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post

woohoo?
    Henry and Angel potentially could be lethal up front for NYRB.

That would be pretty damn sweet if they end up landing Marquez as well.

Jets Insider VIP

woohoo?
    It's hit or miss.

The way he just just dropped off the face of the earth last year is cause for concern. He is a proud guy though, so I'm sure he'll come out full speed.

Veteran
    Besiktas, the third Istanbul team, has signed Ricardo Quaresma and Guti. They also appointed Berndt Schuster as coach.

Beggining to look interesting over here next year.

Edit: The club is now saying they are in talks with Guti but have not signed anything yet.
    Last edited by The Turk; 07-15-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Gerrard to Madrid wouldnt really be nessecary.

Masch to Inter? I dont get this, I thought he wanted to leave last year because of Rafa but now he wants to join him.

Who is linked with Torres?
    Chelsea for one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Besiktas, the third Istanbul team, has signed Ricardo Quaresma and Guti. They also appointed Berndt Schuster as coach.

Beggining to look interesting over here next year.
    No sh*t.

Wow, Turkey's getting more interesting every year.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    No sh*t.

Wow, Turkey's getting more interesting every year.
    The reason is simple: there's more money being poured in. The broadcasting rights tender was renewed this year and it went for about 480 million dollars if I remember correctly. That may not seem like much compared to the big leagues but considering the previous tender was won for about 110 mio dollars you can see where the money for the spending spree comes from, at least partly.

woohoo?
    I just read that Henry has retired from international soccer. From CNN:

(CNN) -- France's all-time leading goalscorer Thierry Henry has announced his retirement from international soccer.
    Henry confirmed his decision on the day he was presented as a New York Red Bulls player having signed a multi-year contract with MLS side after leaving Spanish champions Barcelona.

The 32-year-old scored 51 goals for his country but only made two substitute appearances as France were knocked in the group stages at the World Cup.
    The squad returned in disgrace after refusing to train two days before a vital game but Henry says France's dismal showing had nothing to do with his decision.

"South Africa didn't play any part in it. My decision was taken right before the World Cup," he told reporters in New York.
    "I could have announced my decision before the World Cup but I didn't want to put that kind of cloud on the team. I think it was time for me to stop after the World Cup.''

Asked what went wrong at the World Cup Henry replied: "I actually would like to know myself. I don't know what it was.
    "From a personal point of view, I am always going to respect the decision of the coach. It was [Raymond Domenech's] decision not to play me and I respect that.

"Lots of stuff was invented unfortunately. I just like to stick to the pitch, and the problem was we didn't play very well. That's the only thing we should be talking about right now. We didn't perform. It's as simple as that.

"We had a good atmosphere, but when you don't perform well it is difficult. For me, you can also have a lot of stuff happening when you win. We just didn't play well. I will stick to this.

"I think the team should move on now with Laurent Blanc in position as the coach, and hopefully they can qualify for the European Championships and do well in that competition.''

As for his move to New York, Henry said a switch to the United States was something he had been thinking about for "four or five months."
    "I can assure you I have come here to try to win, that is the most important thing,'' Henry said. "I am a competitive person and I'm sure the boss can put a team out there to do it.

"I've met some people who came to MLS before and played for this club. I played with a guy you know well, Youri Djorkaeff, and know Claudio Reyna too.

"For me there was not any other option than New York Red Bulls. I wanted to represent New York. I love this city. It was a no brainer for me.''

All Pro
    I wish I could watch the Turkish league mostly for the atmosphere.

Im also dying for the Bundesliga on FSC.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    I wish I could watch the Turkish league mostly for the atmosphere.

Im also dying for the Bundesliga on FSC.
    I can recommend you a few places where some of our boys gather to watch the derbies. There's a "friendly" against the sewerbirds next wednesday at 2 pm eastern time. You'll probably find a few people at Dervish - It's a Turkish restaurant near times square - It won't be as full as it would've been if the match was to be played on the weekend but hey its still summer...

My team (Napoli) just signed Edison Cavani from palermo. He had a very good WC, and two very good years with palermo.

Veteran
    Apperantly we've signed Juan Pablo Pino from Monaco (not confirmed by the team but multiple media outlets are reporting it)

What's the story RD? Is he any good?

BD, the turkish press is alos reporting we have signed a 1+1 year deal with Harry and he'll be joining the training camp monday with Neill.

Jets Insider VIP
    Apperantly we've signed Juan Pablo Pino from Monaco (not confirmed by the team but multiple media outlets are reporting it)

What's the story RD? Is he any good?

BD, the turkish press is alos reporting we have signed a 1+1 year deal with Harry and he'll be joining the training camp monday with Neill.
    6 goals since 2006
    Only started 9 games last year.

He's 23 so may have some potential.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    6 goals since 2006
    Only started 9 games last year.

He's 23 so may have some potential.
    hmmm not one to hold my breath on I guess...

oh and great goalie you got there BTW

Jets Insider VIP
    hmmm not one to hold my breath on I guess...

oh and great goalie you got there BTW
    Edel? Coupet will most likely be the starter.

if only GK was our only problem...We did make a nice pick up with Nene.