Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transfer Talk 2010

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/...a-mega-signing

Mystery big signing for LA Galaxy in the near future. Any guesses?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

The rumor I've read is that its going to be Ronaldinho.

Chicago is also supposed to unveil the signing of either Cuauhtemoc Blanco (again) or Nerry Castillo or POSSIBLY both. Crazy times in MLS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post
    Chicago is also supposed to unveil the signing of either Cuauhtemoc Blanco (again) or Nerry Castillo or POSSIBLY both. Crazy times in MLS.
    Raul

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Raul
    I retired 2 years ago

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

I heard Gigi Riva was coming out of retirement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    William Gallas reportedly has 2 offers on the table: Panathinaikos and PSG...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is TMZ a credible source for information.??

LMAO

Iniesta close to signing with PSG

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/17/rob-lo...media-venture/

Spain's World Cup Hero -- Flirting with Hollywood
    7/17/2010 12:06 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

The dude who banged that awesome World Cup-winning goal for Spain is in talks to make a huge move off the field ... a move that could land the guy in the movies.

TMZ has learned Andres Iniesta is currently in Italy meeting with bad ass real estate tycoon Tom Barrack ... the guy who's plotting to buy Miramax with Rob Lowe.

We're told Barrack -- who also owns French soccer team Paris Saint-Germain -- is hoping to get Iniesta over to his squad ... but he also has bigger plans for the soccer stud.

Sources close to Barrack tell TMZ, "The idea is [Iniesta] could be talent for upcoming scripts, movies, whatever. We aren't ruling any ideas out."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Turk,

What can you tell us about Besiktas?

Having received a loan offer from Ajax, Villarreal is encouraging the Dutch side to submit a full bid for U.S. international Jozy Altidore.

Reports out of Turkey also suggest Besiktas boss Bernd Schuster has his eye on the powerful striker and could attempt to lure Altidore into a striking partnership with former Yellow Submarine striker Nihat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Hey Turk,

What can you tell us about Besiktas?

Having received a loan offer from Ajax, Villarreal is encouraging the Dutch side to submit a full bid for U.S. international Jozy Altidore.

Reports out of Turkey also suggest Besiktas boss Bernd Schuster has his eye on the powerful striker and could attempt to lure Altidore into a striking partnership with former Yellow Submarine striker Nihat.
    I read that in the newspapers but I think they're just regular summer page fillers, (We the sewerbirds and Besiktas has bought and sold about 60 players this summer alone if the press is to be believed.) so I didn't carry it here.

I still don't think it's true; Besiktas has 13 foreigners on its payroll under Turkish FA's rules it can only have 10 foreigners under contract. I've heard from more reliable sources then Turkish newspapers that they have indeed agreed with Guti and but can't sign themuntil they offload 4 foreigners (one was sold today to Eskisehirspor so they need to offload 3 more)

Some German dude named Hilbert that they bought from Stuttgart is actually training with them, but they haven't been able to sign him for the same reasons.

Even if they offload some foreigners they still have a logjam at striker and only one good defensive midfielder so I don't think that striker would be their first choice. Then again I would expect anything form the idiots that got themselves into the mess that I've described above.

More generally they're considered to be the third team of Turkey, they have about 11 or 12 championships overall but only 2 in the past 15 years.

As I said above this year they got Schuster and Quaresma and the hopes are high. Their supporters like players that "play with their hearts" so Altidore if he comes here should be popular from what I've seen in the world cup but they are also prone to very vocal protests.

Some years back they protested the players one week and then next week they called all the players to the terraces like they wanted to make up (usual in Turkey almost all the teams come over to salute the supporters before the match) when the players came over they started chanting "Every one of your mothers are whores" - a kindly worded protest usually reserved for the sewerbirds... Their main supporters group - Carsi -is also known as very protest. They have made a mark by being against everything. Their most popular foreign player was Pascal Nouma they still sing his name in the terraces even though he was nothing special - ask RD if you don't believe me -and retired years ago.

In short they're a collection of idiots and nutjobs. But they're not as bad as the sewerbirds.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    Some years back they protested the players one week and then next week they called all the players to the terraces like they wanted to make up (usual in Turkey almost all the teams come over to salute the supporters before the match) when the players came over they started chanting "Every one of your mothers are whores" - a kindly worded protest usually reserved for the sewerbirds... Their main supporters group - Carsi -is also known as very protest. They have made a mark by being against everything. Their most popular foreign player was Pascal Nouma they still sing his name in the terraces even though he was nothing special - ask RD if you don't believe me -and retired years ago.

In short they're a collection of idiots and nutjobs. But they're not as bad as the sewerbirds.
    LOL

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, even by footballer standards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    LOL

Not the sharpest tool in the shed, even by footballer standards.
    He came back last year for some TV show they brought him back to Inonu (BJK's stadium) and - I s hit you not - he stuffed a handful of grass in his mouth and started chewing saying this is how much he missed Besiktas.

Lol. You're well represented over here Raoul.
    Last edited by The Turk; 07-20-2010 at 08:52 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    He came back last year for some TV show they brought him back to Inonu (BJK's stadium) and - I **** you not - he stuffed a handful of grass in his mouth and started chewing saying this is how much he missed Besiktas.

Lol. You're well represented over here Raoul.
    LMAO

That doesn't even make sense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red Bulls are about to get Rafa Marquez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Red Bulls are about to get Rafa Marquez.
    Great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyPaige View Post

Same here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    New rumor for The Turk
    Gladbach Bradley courted in Turkey

At the World Cup gave good performances from Michael Bradley - in addition to Everton now a club from Turkey, has his eye on the midfielder of Borussia Moenchengladbach.
    (See) Istanbul. The 2010 World Cup was for the U.S. boys a great success. At home, triggered the wave of national euphoria a little. was also responsible with midfielder Michael Bradley.

The 22-year-old, in the Bundesliga Borussia Moenchengladbach agreement is, it not only with the English Premier Leagueclub Everton FC connection brought in, but also with the Turkish tradition club Galatasaray Istanbul.

According to a report by LigTV there was already a small first approximation. Gala coach Frank Rijkaard had asked about Bradley. Since 2008, American plays for the "Foal". A premature departure would probably only with a corresponding transfer into account.
    From Goal.com

Translated from German using Google Translate

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    New rumor for The Turk

From Goal.com

Translated from German using Google Translate
    I hope he goes to Everton in the Premiership. That's where he'll further his development. The competition is much better than in Turkey.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I hope he goes to Everton in the Premiership. That's where he'll further his development. The competition is much better than in Turkey.
    I'll be honest, I'm pretty content if he stays in Germany. It's almost as good and deep as England is, he's already a starter, with a full season at CM, and it seems like he is developing as a player there. If he was in the MLS or somewhere in Scandinavia, I'd agree, but in Germany, to a team that usually is on the the outskirts of the Europa competition. Not a huge upgrade

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ligtv is sort of our ESPN over here but I still wouldn't put much faith in the rumour.

Regarding where he should play, it's a choice he has to make.

Of course the level of competiton is better in Germany and England, there is no question about that. But Gladbach are not a top tier team and will not become one anytime soon. The same is also true to a lesser degree about Everton.

If you're going to play for middleing teams in the best leagues that's an option but we are one of the 2 biggest teams in Turkish football who plays for the championship as well as european football every year. If he wants to step his game up he needs to play in the CL. We don't play in the CL this year but our chance of playing there are infinitly better than Everton and gladbach combined. He would also learn to play under pressure and the kind of pressure that the players here are under can only be felt by Yankee managers under Steinbrenner

And to be honest, no offense but, for Bradley to become success over here he would need to step up his game anyway. He is a very athletic tireless midfielder but he lacks in technical ability. I was impressed with his work ethic in the WC but I was also bemused by his inability to create chances with passes or dribbles. Right now, he would be a good enforcer but that's about it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turk, I heard you guys are also interested in Ben Arfa (Marseille)?