Thread: Tomlin receives a 3-year contract extension

Hall Of Fame
    home of the hot guy in my avatar.. oh baby!

Tomlin receives a 3-year contract extension

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]The Steelers have ended speculation about Mike Tomlin's status as their coach by coming to an agreement with him on a three-year contract extension, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.

Tomlin's new contract will carry him through 2014. His previous contract, signed when the Steelers hired him in '07, had one year and an option left. The five-year deal was worth an average of $2.5 million annually.

:yes::D:D i love coach tomlin... i am glad to see the steelers sign him
    Read more: [URL]http://post-gazette.com/pg/10194/1072422-66.stm#ixzz0tZKtqQxT[/URL]
    [/COLOR][/LEFT]

All League
    Don't Steelers fans have very mixed feelings about Tomlin?

Lebeau is the only reason that team wins...

I think Tomlin is a very ordinary coach who happened into a super bowl. The guy is a defensive coach and has next to nothing to do with that defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3644832]Lebeau is the only reason that team wins...

I think Tomlin is a very ordinary coach who happened into a super bowl. The guy is a defensive coach and has next to nothing to do with that defense.[/QUOTE]

You are extremely naive, he's a very good young coach.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3644710]Don't Steelers fans have very mixed feelings about Tomlin?[/QUOTE]
    some are very upset about how the season turned out last season.

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3644832]Lebeau is the only reason that team wins...

I think Tomlin is a very ordinary coach who happened into a super bowl. The guy is a defensive coach and has next to nothing to do with that defense.[/QUOTE]
    I love Coach Lebeau, it will be a very sad day in steeler nation when he decides to retire.

Coach Tomlin lets his coaches coach and doesnt try to micromanage them. however, there were times last year i was hoping tomlin would beat the crap out of Arians... what a dumbass coach he is....

Pittsburgh fans need to get a clue if some are upset with Tomlin. The man led you to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season. STFU and be greatful. Greedy ****s.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=124;3644851]Pittsburgh fans need to get a clue if some are upset with Tomlin. The man led you to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season. STFU and be greatful. Greedy ****s.[/QUOTE]
    that is a nice way of putting it..lol. i think some steeler fans think if the coach doesnt take the team to the playoffs or superbowl every year then he is a failure.

The Steelers NEED some positive press. :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=124;3644851]Pittsburgh fans need to get a clue if some are upset with Tomlin. The man led you to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season. STFU and be grateful. Greedy ****s.[/QUOTE]

He took over a ready made team much like Seifert did with the 49ers.. When Seifert went to a team that needed work he failed miserably..

tomlin is a bum for a coach. look at the discipline problems that have happened since he took over. sure roethlisberger had that cycle crash when cowher was there but that was after they won the superbowl. it may have been a reason why cowher resigned.

frankly i hope tomlin is the steeler coach for the next 20 years. one less team for the jets to worry about in the playoffs.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3644838]You are extremely naive, he's a very good young coach.[/QUOTE]

Again... A defensive guy who has nothing to do with the defense.

Think that team will take a steady downward turn. Same thing happened with Herm and the Jets, same thing with Norv Turner and the Chargers.

When these bad coaches take over teams with quite a bit of talent, they can often start off very well, but it just goes to hell after that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetsfan1983;3645151]Again... A defensive guy who has nothing to do with the defense.

Think that team will take a steady downward turn. Same thing happened with Herm and the Jets, same thing with Norv Turner and the Chargers.

When these bad coaches take over teams with quite a bit of talent, they can often start off very well, but it just goes to hell after that.[/QUOTE]

Who cares what his specialty is and what he does or does not have to do with the D? He's a HC, not a DC.

Belichick wasn't running the Pats D outside of some special situations, does that mean he sucks? How about Parcells, he was a D guy who had nothing to do with the Giants, Pats, Jets and Cowboys D. Think they'll mention that at his Hall Induction ceremony?

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3645244]Who cares what his specialty is and what he does or does not have to do with the D? He's a HC, not a DC.

Belichick wasn't running the Pats D outside of some special situations, does that mean he sucks? How about Parcells, he was a D guy who had nothing to do with the Giants, Pats, Jets and Cowboys D. Think they'll mention that at his Hall Induction ceremony?[/QUOTE]

Great post. Sure, Seifert is an example of a guy who proved to be a product of a team of superstars, but there are many more examples like Parcells and Belichick whose success should not be invalidated just because of what their previous specialty was.

Billick was an offensive guy who led one of the nastiest defenses in history, but had a terrible offense. Tony Dungy was a defensive guy who led one of the nastiest offenses in history, but had an extremely average defense for most of his tenure. The head coach is the leader of the team, not somebody who specializes in a particular facet.

All League
    [QUOTE=BigBensAngel7;3644702][LEFT][COLOR=#000000]The Steelers have ended speculation about Mike Tomlin's status as their coach by coming to an agreement with him on a three-year contract extension, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has learned.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]Tomlin's new contract will carry him through 2014. His previous contract, signed when the Steelers hired him in '07, had one year and an option left. The five-year deal was worth an average of $2.5 million annually.[/COLOR][/LEFT]

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000]:yes::D:D i love coach tomlin... i am glad to see the steelers sign him[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#000000]Read more: [URL]http://post-gazette.com/pg/10194/1072422-66.stm#ixzz0tZKtqQxT[/URL][/COLOR][/LEFT]
    [/QUOTE]

Oh geeze! Now the coaches are complaining about their contracts too.

Rumor has it, that without an extension, Tomlin was going to hold out from training camp. :P

All League
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;3645417]Oh geeze! Now the coaches are complaining about their contracts too.

Rumor has it, that without an extension, Tomlin was going to hold out from training camp. :P[/QUOTE]

You know the apocalypse will be upon us when we see a coach *****ing about his contract. I hope we never have to see sports come to that.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3645244]Belichick wasn't running the Pats D outside of some special situations, [/QUOTE]

Do you really believe that?

Really?

Veteran
    Ha!
    I glanced at the thread title and thought is said Tomlinson got a 3 year extension.
    I almost sh!t a brick!

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3645065]The Steelers NEED some positive press. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    you got that right..lol.

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;3645417]Oh geeze! Now the coaches are complaining about their contracts too.

Rumor has it, that without an extension, Tomlin was going to hold out from training camp. :P[/QUOTE]
    well that would be fine. i am sure coach lebeau could fill in just fine for him...lol

[QUOTE=chops44;3645637]Ha!
    I glanced at the thread title and thought is said Tomlinson got a 3 year extension.
    I almost sh!t a brick![/QUOTE]
    lol..... that is funny.

Banned
    [QUOTE=chops44;3645637]Ha!
    I almost sh!t a brick![/QUOTE]

James Dolan doesn't own the Jets.