Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Woody have a succession plan in place?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Woody have a succession plan in place?

Just wondering if anyone knows if Woody has a succession plan in place? The whole George Steinbrenner passing had got me thinking about it. I know Woody is only in his early 60's, but it's rare to have a Jets Owner, GM, and Coach that are all awesome and it only takes the changing of one to f' it all up.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cant believe I'm saying this because for a while I wasnt a fan of Woody...

But, in the past 18 months he's really become "wise" to what it takes to win. I like him very much now. He's in his early 60's. He'll be around another 15 at least I'm hoping.

Let's not think about it for now ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buddy Ryan.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3645215]Buddy Ryan.[/QUOTE]

Well played.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he does.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think you need a sucess plan before you worry about a succession plan.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TokyoJetsFan;3645209]Just wondering if anyone knows if Woody has a succession plan in place? The whole George Steinbrenner passing had got me thinking about it. I know Woody is only in his early 60's, but it's rare to have a Jets Owner, GM, and Coach that are all awesome and it only takes the changing of one to f' it all up.[/QUOTE]

I would think he has something in his will.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned this in another thread but will bring it up here. By dieing in 2010 George Steinbrenner's estate avoids the "death tax" which expired this year, but will come back in 2011. The O'Malley family had to sell the Dodgers in part to pay Estate Taxes which were due.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3645273]Mentioned this in another thread but will bring it up here. By dieing in 2010 George Steinbrenner's estate avoids the "death tax" which expired this year, but will come back in 2011. The O'Malley family had to sell the Dodgers in part to pay Estate Taxes which were due.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Obama's (and Pelosi and Reid's) America. Where you can be taxed two and three times on the same money as punishment for being successful.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;3645273]Mentioned this in another thread but will bring it up here. By dieing in 2010 George Steinbrenner's estate avoids the "death tax" which expired this year, but will come back in 2011. The O'Malley family had to sell the Dodgers in part to pay Estate Taxes which were due.[/QUOTE]

There was actually a Law & Order about the estate death tax.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last I heard, Woody had identified 1982's Penthouse Pet of the Year, Corinne Alphen, as his successor.

[URL=http://img195.imageshack.us/i/spring2bbreak2b1983.jpg/][IMG]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4905/spring2bbreak2b1983.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^Best post in this thread.

RIP George

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know, hate to say it, but I think i'd have Rex over Woody in the death pool...

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Phoenixx;3645241]Yes he does.[/QUOTE]

whew...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetStream;3645421]I don't know, hate to say it, but I think i'd have Rex over Woody in the death pool...[/QUOTE]

That's an obvious choice. Woody is in his 60's but he looks healthy as can be. Rex could always be one cheeseburger from a heart attack.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;3645343]Last I heard, Woody had identified 1982's Penthouse Pet of the Year, Corinne Alphen, as his successor.

[URL=http://img195.imageshack.us/i/spring2bbreak2b1983.jpg/][IMG]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/4905/spring2bbreak2b1983.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/QUOTE]

I bet she's still hot :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i wonder if the son in law was holding the pillow?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;3645634]i wonder if the son in law was holding the pillow?[/QUOTE]

Steve Swindal isn't around anymore. Hal is his actual son.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=el_dub80;3645561]I bet she's still hot :yes:[/QUOTE]

No doubt. I can't include the link because it has nudity. But go search Corinne from a Penthouse shoot, which includes "old school" bushy beavers. Wow, she had such a smokin' body and gorgeous smile. I always remember her.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Succession plan or exit strategy?

I think the latter is more likely.

Teams are almost always sold by a franchise owners heirs for a multitude of reasons, with the largest being estate taxes on the transfer of assets.

Generally they were dad's toy. If the children are not very active in the franchise, their is no chance it stays in the family.

Curious to see what happens with the Yankees.