Thread: Another Dolphin in trouble

Jets Insider VIP

Another Dolphin in trouble

The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that a 2008 Ford pickup truck registered to Dolphins wide receiver Brian Hartline was discovered abandoned following a crash on highway I-595 earlier this month.

The accident reportedly took place at 4:30 a.m. on Saturday, July 3. Hartline's vehicle collided with a parked 2002 Cadillac Escalade just east of I-95. The pickup was ultimately towed from the scene.

"His vehicle ran off the road and hit the parked car," said Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Mark Wysocky. "We don't know who was driving the vehicle."

An FHP trooper attempted to contact Hartline's wife, and the call was returned by Hartline's attorney. The lawyer assured police that his client was uninjured, which was probably a little less than what authorities wanted to know.

Florida Highway Patrol still hasn't heard from Hartline, and a Dolphins spokesperson says the team is unaware of the incident.

In Miami, Hartline is considered the heavy favorite to start opposite Brandon Marshall this season. A fourth-round pick out of Ohio State two Aprils ago, Hartline impressed as a rookie with a 16.4 yards-per-reception average. He ranked second in the league to only San Diego's Vincent Jackson in percentage of catches for first downs.

He wasn't driving drunk...:rolleyes:

Haha, F the Dollphins. Bunch of sucky losers.

Smart.

Fled the scene. I think he wasn't the first Dolphin to do this recently.

The most he'll get is a summons for leaving the scene of an accident.

Oh but you didn't hear? Its the Jets who have bad characters, not the Dolphins. I mean sure, the Dolphins have three players on their team that were arrested for domestic violence (one of which is one strike away from a year long suspension), two DUI arrests.

But the Jets? I mean, they have one guy who apparently has never heard the word "condom" before, and another guy that refused to turn off his ipod on the airplane. I'm shocked these two guys aren't in maximum security prison as we speak :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3645369]The most he'll get is a summons for leaving the scene of an accident.[/QUOTE]

Yep... That's what I do every time I'm diving drunk into parked cars in Miami.
    Maybe he just hit a patch of oil and lost control of the vehicle???

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Revi$_I$l@nd;3645368]Smart.

Fled the scene. I think he wasn't the first Dolphin to do this recently.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;3645369]The most he'll get is a summons for leaving the scene of an accident.[/QUOTE]

Considering there is a fair chance he was drunk as a skunk, its probably was the best move for him. The FHP may be annoyed and they may even get him for leaving the scene, but they probably don't have any evidence to charge him with a DUI.

I'm sure his story will be that he was in a bit of a daze after the accident and called him wife to pick him up. In retrospect, he should have called the cops, but he wasn't thinking all that clearly at the time.

[QUOTE=crasherino;3645384]Considering there is a fair chance he was drunk as a skunk, its probably was the best move for him. The FHP may be annoyed and they may even get him for leaving the scene, but they probably don't have any evidence to charge him with a DUI.

I'm sure his story will be that he was in a bit of a daze after the accident and called him wife to pick him up. In retrospect, he should have called the cops, but he wasn't thinking all that clearly at the time.[/QUOTE]

From what I remember, fleeing the scene in Florida is a misdemeanor.

Jail time attached but not mandatory and a small fine.

As I kept thinking about it, I think Crowder did this last off season.

He was not punished by the league nor the FHP.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Hitman Harris;3645363]Haha, F the Dollphins. Bunch of sucky losers.[/QUOTE]

BEST.QUOTE.EVER.:yes:

They're still the #1 team in the East, according to experts...:rolleyes: