Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daily News Live: "Players strike in 2011 very likely"

Daily News Live: "Players strike in 2011 very likely"

If this is the case:

1) We gotta win it all somehow someway THIS year.

2) This strike is about GREED on both sides. The NFL is a profit machine. We're all "Clevelands" now :(

3) Put off buying anything at the new stadium till 2013. If they do strike and ruin our run to the SB, I think an EMPTY HOME stadium for game 1 is the wise thing for us fans to do ;)

4) [B]I'M GETTING SICK OF ALL ATHLETES IN ALL SPORTS[/B] (except Bowling :yes:)

Jets Insider VIP
    this thread definitely needs a poll, shreck 48.... get on it

I'm sure both sides will come to an agreement. Not play in 2011 and forfeit billions of dollars, just to prove a point?

I guarantee that not 1 NFL player wants to go back to school and finish their degree, or better yet, work at a CVS.

No way.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    When will this strike/lockout start?

Before or after the Jets expect payment on the Personal seat licenses and season tickets?

I imagine if the Jets did not get the 2011 PSL payments that might affect their willingness to be a part of a lockout.

[QUOTE=John_0515;3645866]I'm sure both sides will come to an agreement. Not play in 2011 and forfeit billions of dollars, just to prove a point?

I guarantee that not 1 NFL player wants to go back to school and finish their degree, or better yet, work at a CVS.

No way.[/QUOTE]

+1

Too much money involved for both parties.

what should work to avert the strike is the simple fact that there just aren't schmucks like trump who want to start an alternative football league. right now the nfl is the only game in town and it will make sense for both sides to get a deal done. it's kind of too bad that the owners were still able to get strike insurance.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Buster;3645871]When will this strike/lockout start?

Before or after the Jets expect payment on the Personal seat licenses and season tickets?

I imagine if the Jets did not get the 2011 PSL payments that might affect their willingness to be a part of a lockout.[/QUOTE]

quite true

in fact, Mike Fatcessa just received an EXCLUSIVE confirmation that both the entire NFL CBA issues AND the BP oil leak are ALL ABOUT PSLS!!

I wonder how PSL payments / season ticket payments will work if there is indeed a strike. Hopefully there would be a stopage of those, too.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;3645894]quite true

in fact, Mike Fatcessa just received an EXCLUSIVE confirmation that both the entire NFL CBA issues AND the BP oil leak are ALL ABOUT PSLS!![/QUOTE]

LOL'd!:yes:

All League
    well we will always have the cfl to watch

All League
    [QUOTE=John_0515;3645866]I'm sure both sides will come to an agreement. Not play in 2011 and forfeit billions of dollars, just to prove a point?

No way.[/QUOTE]

+1

I hope they do come to an agreement ASAP, because no football in 2011 would SUCK!!!!!!!!! Especially when our team is getting better and better and will more than likely be a SB Contender.....

Players Strike.

League uses Scabs.

League still makes massive bank, Fans do not run away, still root for laundry.

Players say a collective "oh ****".

Player Strike Ends, League Wins.

Life goes on.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;3645744]If this is the case:

1) We gotta win it all somehow someway THIS year.

2) This strike is about GREED on both sides. The NFL is a profit machine. We're all "Clevelands" now :(

3) Put off buying anything at the new stadium till 2013. If they do strike and ruin our run to the SB, I think an EMPTY HOME stadium for game 1 is the wise thing for us fans to do ;)

4) [B]I'M GETTING SICK OF ALL ATHLETES IN ALL SPORTS[/B] (except Bowling :yes:)[/QUOTE]

Strike? I thought the owners were going to lock them out?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=petejet;3646038]Strike? I thought the owners were going to lock them out?[/QUOTE]

Shhh....Shroy's on a roll. Don't get in his way with this whole reality thing that you speak of.

[QUOTE=Warfish;3645961]Players Strike.

League uses Scabs.

League still makes massive bank, Fans do not run away, still root for laundry.

Players say a collective "oh ****".

Player Strike Ends, League Wins.

Life goes on.[/QUOTE]

I guess you dont remember how much 1987 sucked :(

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;3645949]+1

I hope they do come to an agreement ASAP, because no football in 2011 would SUCK!!!!!!!!! Especially when our team is getting better and better and will more than likely be a SB Contender.....[/QUOTE]

That would just like this franchise's sorry luck: to finally field a true contender, only to have the season cancelled, then never be able to regain that mojo once football starts back up again :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;3645744]

4) [B]I'M GETTING SICK OF ALL ATHLETES IN ALL SPORTS[/B] (except Bowling :yes:)[/QUOTE]

What about female Gymnastics???
    [IMG]http://www.sha.tc/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/olympics-alicia-sacramone.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=sg3;3645894]quite true

in fact, Mike Fatcessa just received an EXCLUSIVE confirmation that both the entire NFL CBA issues AND the [B]BP oil leak[/B] are ALL ABOUT PSLS!![/QUOTE]

That ain't no damm leak. :steamin:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Schroy48;3646148]I guess you dont remember how much 1987 sucked :([/QUOTE]

I sure do. I remember going outside to wash my car rather than turn on that day's NFL "game" between the Jets and Fins during the strike. And that's the other thing besides the scabs. The NFL will have CBS and Fox in their hip pocket, so games will be broadcast and announcers will pretend that those Arena League and Division 3 castoffs posing as NFL players are legit.

Veteran
    Well at least there is college football which would soften the blow.