Thread: Planning Trip to Italy in October

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Question Planning Trip to Italy in October

Hi everyone.

I'm planning to go to Italy in October and would like to incorporate a Serie A match into the trip.

My question to the group: What team provides the best home game experience?

I attended a match in Rome between Lazio and Siena a couple of years ago, it was a ton of fun -- but I sense that probably Milan - either AC or Inter is probably a more intense experience.

I will likely be travelling between Rome and Milan, so any suggestion in those places or in between are welcome.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Hi everyone.

I'm planning to go to Italy in October and would like to incorporate a Serie A match into the trip.

I attended a match in Rome between Lazio and Siena a couple of years ago, it was a ton of fun -- but I sense that probably Milan - either AC or Inter is probably a more intense experience.

I will likely be travelling between Rome and Milan, so any suggestion in those places or in between are welcome.
    Ive been to 6-7 Serie A games, and while they are indeed the pinnacle of Italian Soccer, the price of a ticket (for me) was a little steep.

I have seen both Serie B and Serie C matches too, and enjoyed the hell out of them.

Couldnt say what team has the best atmosphere.....they were all pretty intense, and something ill never forget.

have a great time!

Veteran
    Hi everyone.

If you're looking for atmosphere try to see if there are any derbys that you can go to rather than which team. I'd look for any Lazio-Roma, Milan-Inter, Juve-Milan, Inter-Milan, Juve-Roma, Lazio-Livorno match.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Amazingly, the Serie A fixtures for the season were released YESTERDAY. (Can you imagine the NFL season lasting twice as long and only releasing the schedule a month before the season?)

Anyway, long story short, I had booked my flight already and was going to be in Rome the weekend of Oct 8 and Milan the following week. Thought I'd be garaunteed two matches. Unfortunately, Serie A doesn't play the weekend of the 8th, so my only options are for October 15 when I will be in Milan. I can either see AC Milan v Chievo Verona OR I could take a day trip to Torino to see Juventus v Lecce.

What is the better match to see?

Veteran
    Amazingly, the Serie A fixtures for the season were released YESTERDAY. (Can you imagine the NFL season lasting twice as long and only releasing the schedule a month before the season?)

Anyway, long story short, I had booked my flight already and was going to be in Rome the weekend of Oct 8 and Milan the following week. Thought I'd be garaunteed two matches. Unfortunately, Serie A doesn't play the weekend of the 8th, so my only options are for October 15 when I will be in Milan. I can either see AC Milan v Chievo Verona OR I could take a day trip to Torino to see Juventus v Lecce.

I'd go with Milan vs. Verona

Juve is not what they used to be and both Lecce and Verona are meh teams. In otherwords similar matches so it's not worth the travel to see Juve vs. Lecce.

I'd see the Milan game.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

AC Milan it shall be!

Hi everyone.

Real easy go to naples and watch Napoli play. Here is a link to the 2010/11 calender http://www.fantagazzetta.com/calendario_serie_a.asp, you have Napoli-Roma or Napoli-Milan.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by stagman View Post
    Real easy go to naples and watch Napoli play. Here is a link to the 2010/11 calender http://www.fantagazzetta.com/calendario_serie_a.asp, you have Napoli-Roma or Napoli-Milan.
    Napoli is not in the cards this trip. Maybe next time.

Veteran
    Hi everyone.

I would definitely say milan. i have been to a game there in the past, they played a ****ty game against lazio, but the experience was unreal. they also have a good team this year and have added zlatan ibrahimovic. him and pato will be potent up top for them. they'd be an excellent team to watch

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm so annoyed with Serie A. They switched the AC Milan game from Sunday to Saturday and now if I want to go I have to re-arrange lodging and travel plans to get from Firenze to Milano in time.