View Poll Results: Who finishes w/ the Better Record Here in '10?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dolphins

20 31.75%
  • Patriots

43 68.25%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolphins or Patriots: Who Finishes w/ the Better Record in '10?

All League

Dolphins or Patriots: Who Finishes w/ the Better Record in '10?

I say the Dolphins will. I really like what I've seen from Henne and I think he should be even better this year with more experience. Marshall will help the offense tremendously and Dansby was a great pickup as well for their defense. Mike Nolan should make them instantly better, even without the upgrade at the LB position. I see the Pats' decline continuing. Plenty of JAGs on defense, no leadership there. Brady doesn't give a **** about football anymore. They have no defensive or offensive coordinator.

What say you?
    Last edited by MCBNY; 07-14-2010 at 11:32 PM.

[QUOTE=MCBNY;3646588]I say the Dolphins will. I really like what I've seen from Henne and I think he should be even better this year with more experience. Marshall will help the offense tremendously and Dansby was a great pickup as well for their defense. Mike Nolan should make them instantly better, even without the upgrade at the LB position. I see the Pats' decline continuing. Plenty of JAGs on defense, no leadership there. Brady doesn't give a **** about football anymore. They have no defensive or offensive coordinator.

What say you?[/QUOTE]

Ok, lets see how many times you talked out of your ass in this one paragraph...

JAGs on D? - Bodden is a JAG? Wilfork is a JAG? Merriweather is a JAG? T. Warren is a JAG? Mayo is a JAG? Butler is a JAG? James Sanders is no pro-bowler, but he isn't Junk either..Ill give you OLB and RDE as weak spots.

"Brady doesn't give a **** about football anymore." :huh: Really? You really believe that? He is busting his ass out there every day at UCLA with Welker, doesn't miss one mandatory requirement..Funny, Sanchez is the man for working out with WR's in Cali, but if Brady does it its because he is mailing it in

And finally "They have no defensive or offensive coordinator." By title only - Bill O'Brien is the unquestioned OC and Matt Patricia is the unquestioned DC..they haven't earned the titles yet..

You do realize that Josh McDaniels was never named OC, right?

Ohhh, I see, you just wanted to rip on the Pats..ok my bad.

All League
    [QUOTE=ironman61;3646594]Ok, lets see how many times you talked out of your ass in this one paragraph...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]JAGs on D? - Bodden is a JAG? Wilfork is a JAG? Merriweather is a JAG? T. Warren is a JAG? Mayo is a JAG? Butler is a JAG? James Sanders is no pro-bowler, but he isn't Junk either..Ill give you OLB and RDE as weak spots.[/QUOTE]
    Bodden is good, slightly better than JAG. Wilfork is good. Meriweather is overrated, but good. Mayo is injury prone, but good when on the field. Butler is a JAG at this point. James Sanders is a JAG at best. My point is, this defense is not like the one from earlier in the decade and even towards the middle. There is no one scary that imposes their will; Wilfork is the closest thing . No Seymour, no Asante, no more Bruschi and Vrabel, no more Harrison. Declining.

[QUOTE]"Brady doesn't give a **** about football anymore." :huh: Really? You really believe that? He is busting his ass out there every day at UCLA with Welker, doesn't miss one mandatory requirement..Funny, Sanchez is the man for working out with WR's in Cali, but if Brady does it its because he is mailing it in[/QUOTE]
    He clearly is not as driven as he once was. He mopes around on the sideline and plays with no fire anymore. Declining. You can point to the stats all you want, but he has changed as the team leader.

[QUOTE]And finally "They have no defensive or offensive coordinator." By title only - Bill O'Brien is the unquestioned OC and Matt Patricia is the unquestioned DC..they haven't earned the titles yet..

You do realize that Josh McDaniels was never named OC, right?[/QUOTE]
    I had not realized that. Still, those two are unproven.

[QUOTE]Ohhh, I see, you just wanted to rip on the Pats..ok my bad.[/QUOTE]
    Uh, not really. I don't even dislike the Patriots more than the Dolphins. Just stating my beliefs on the upcoming season.

[QUOTE=ironman61;3646594]Ok, lets see how many times you talked out of your ass in this one paragraph...

JAGs on D? - Bodden is a JAG? Wilfork is a JAG? Merriweather is a JAG? T. Warren is a JAG? Mayo is a JAG? Butler is a JAG? James Sanders is no pro-bowler, but he isn't Junk either..Ill give you OLB and RDE as weak spots.

"Brady doesn't give a **** about football anymore." :huh: Really? You really believe that? He is busting his ass out there every day at UCLA with Welker, doesn't miss one mandatory requirement..Funny, Sanchez is the man for working out with WR's in Cali, but if Brady does it its because he is mailing it in

And finally "They have no defensive or offensive coordinator." By title only - Bill O'Brien is the unquestioned OC and Matt Patricia is the unquestioned DC..they haven't earned the titles yet..

You do realize that Josh McDaniels was never named OC, right?

Ohhh, I see, you just wanted to rip on the Pats..ok my bad.[/QUOTE]

Agree with most of your points, but I think BB has said he plans to be the acting DC this year. Can't wait. I expect the defense to be a lot better with him running it on a daily basis.

O'Brien will be the OC this year I think. McDaniel was named the OC in 2007.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ok, ill answer the damn question.

Pats win 9 games
    Dolphins win 8 games

Lets get this thread back on point.

Banned
    The Patriots just aren't a strong Football team anymore.

They may have won the AFC East last season, but thats only because the Jets were starting a rookie under center with only 1 year of College experience and the Dolphins were starting a 1st year Starter at the QB Position. The Jets also had a 1st year head coach in Rex Ryan. If the Patriots could only finish 1 game better than the Jets last season; They'll have no chance here in 2010.

Here in 2010? The Jets had an awsome offseason; adding players such as Santonio Holmes, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, as well as a talented S in Brodney Pool who actually fits our Defensive System. We're also getting Kris Jenkins back which will be huge for the #1 Defense in the league.

The Dolphins have added one of the best WR's in the game today in Brandon Marshall, a game changing OLB in Karlos Dansby and also drafted some real talents on the Defensive side of the ball in Jared Odrick, Koa Misi.

I look @ the Patriots as an 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 @ best type of team this year.

The Dolphins could become a 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 @ best type of team.

[B]Just look @ how weak the Patriots really are. Your only as strong as your weakest link.[/B]

The Pats #1 and #2 CB's would be our 4th and 5th CB's. Even Dwight Lowery would compete for their #1 and #2 CB roster sports.

Both of our OLB's (Pace and Taylor) would start over any of their OLB's.

Their starting MLB in Mayo would be our 3rd MLB behind both Harris and Scott.

Sammy Morris, Laurence Maroney, Fred Taylor, Green-Ellis? You have got to be kidding me. None of those RB's would beat our Greene, L.T or McKnight. Our Rookie Joe McKnight would become their starter asap.

The Jets have three #1 WR's in Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery. The Patriots? They have an aging Randy Moss, Wes Welker could be out the entire season, Darnell Jenkins-Taylor Price-Brandon Tate-Julian Edelman-Shun White-Tyree Barnes; Who? Even Edelman would be our 4th WR at best.

Their just not a deep Football team anymore.

i went with the doltfins. imo the dolfins will play 60 minutes per game and learned something from last season by not making the playoffs and not even having such a good season. their two wins against the jets were more flukes than an outright win.

i'm not sure if the patsies learned anything. brady and the offense still scored quite a few points and the defense gave up a respectable number but they got badly embarassed in the playoffs and brady started to make excuses. once welker went down, there was no one to take the heat off of moss. i'm sure the patsie trolls will say that welker will be on the field from game one on. that may be. all the luck to welker for coming back from such a serious injury. but that still doesn't change that fact that he was injured, moss is one year older and more disinterested, they don't have a running back they can count on and their oline, especially matt light , is getting very suspect. these are things that no amount of coaching can correct.

i'm sure when the patsies lose both game to the jets this season the trolls will be out in force making excuses.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3647050]The Patriots just aren't a strong Football team anymore.

They may have won the AFC East last season, but thats only because the Jets were starting a rookie under center with only 1 year of College experience and the Dolphins were starting a 1st year Starter at the QB Position. The Jets also had a 1st year head coach in Rex Ryan. If the Patriots could only finish 1 game better than the Jets last season; They'll have no chance here in 2010.

Here in 2010? The Jets had an awsome offseason; adding players such as Santonio Holmes, LaDainian Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, as well as a talented S in Brodney Pool who actually fits our Defensive System. We're also getting Kris Jenkins back which will be huge for the #1 Defense in the league.

The Dolphins have added one of the best WR's in the game today in Brandon Marshall, a game changing OLB in Karlos Dansby and also drafted some real talents on the Defensive side of the ball in Jared Odrick, Koa Misi.

I look @ the Patriots as an 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 @ best type of team this year.

The Dolphins could become a 9-7, 10-6, 11-5 @ best type of team.

[B]Just look @ how weak the Patriots really are. Your only as strong as your weakest link.[/B]

The Pats #1 and #2 CB's would be our 4th and 5th CB's. Even Dwight Lowery would compete for their #1 and #2 CB roster sports.

Both of our OLB's (Pace and Taylor) would start over any of their OLB's.

Their starting MLB in Mayo would be our 3rd MLB behind both Harris and Scott.

Sammy Morris, Laurence Maroney, Fred Taylor, Green-Ellis? You have got to be kidding me. None of those RB's would beat our Greene, L.T or McKnight. Our Rookie Joe McKnight would become their starter asap.

The Jets have three #1 WR's in Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery. The Patriots? They have an aging Randy Moss, Wes Welker could be out the entire season, Darnell Jenkins-Taylor Price-Brandon Tate-Julian Edelman-Shun White-Tyree Barnes; Who? Even Edelman would be our 4th WR at best.

Their just not a deep Football team anymore.[/QUOTE]

as long as they have #12 in New England, I will never count them out.

I should have stopped reading after reading "Brady doesn't give a crap.. But I didn't..

Then I read that Wilfork is good and BW is over rated and bodden is average.. Oh yes Mayo is injury prone..

Wilfork is the best NT in the AFC.. I would give the nod to Jenkins but he can't stay healthy.. And I rather have a player who plays all 16 games.

Mayo was injured last year. Only in his 2nd year and your going to lable him "injury prone".. Did you see the injury? People were surprised he even played..

Jets wish They had Brandon M.. He's a young and up coming Safety.. He is fast and makes some great breaks on plays.. He needs more experience and some lessons on how to tackle a little better (instead of going for the hit)

Look at Bodden stats last year.. Someone in a different forum posted how Bodden as a top 8 CB in the league.. I believe it was a comparison between Bodden and Samuel.. (cold hard football facts??)

I guess I don't get the idea of the Dolphins being SB contenders or better than an 8-8 team.

Yes they brought in Marshall but I feel our division as a whole is better than the AFC West..

Breaking down the Dolphins (in general)
    QB - Average - Henne locks on to his Wr's.. Reminds me of Bledsoe
    RB - Above average (if Brown can stay healthy)
    WR - above average.. Marshal is great and this is why they go from below to above average
    TE - Average
    OL - SOLID
    DL - Below Average (NT is out for the 1st 8 games and he's in his mid 30's)
    LB - Below Average (lost their two outside LB).. Lets see Cam Wake play the run..hehehehe
    CB - Below - ranked 29th last year in pass defense

Safety - Below - Oh lord.. Actually worse than the Jets and BIlls..

Coaching - ABOVE AVERAGE

This is a team that was 1-15 then went 11-5 the following year then settled to what they really are 7-9.. Does Marshal really bring them 3 or 4 more wins? Even with the subtractions of their NT and OLB's? I don't see it or even buy it..
    Last edited by mcsully; 07-15-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Patriots

[QUOTE=mcsully;3647089]LB - Below Average (lost their two outside LB).. Lets see Cam Wake play the run..hehehehe[/QUOTE]

It's not like Joey Porter was ever more than a one dimensional pass rusher for us. We aren't really downgrading our run stopping ability by Joey Porter and starting Cam Wake.

[QUOTE=Minkaveli;3647079]as long as they have #12 in New England, I will never count them out.[/QUOTE]

Who's #12? Is that Moss? He's getting old, no?

Banned
    [QUOTE=mcsully;3647081]

Wilfork is the best NT in the AFC.. I would give the nod to Jenkins but he can't stay healthy.. And I rather have a player who plays all 16 games.[/QUOTE] Wrong. Kris Jenkins is a much better NT. Since when did Wilfork play all 16 games? Last I heard, he missed 3 games due to injury last season.

Kris Jenkins can't stay healthy? You should get your facts right, before making yourself look pretty damn stupid on a Jets fan site. Kris Jenkins has been in the league for 9 years now; He's played 16+ games, 6 out of those 9 years.

[QUOTE=mcsully;3647081] Jets wish They had Brandon M.. He's a young and up coming Safety..[/QUOTE] The Jets "Wish they had Brandon Meriweather"? Are you kidding me? The Jets ranked #1 in just about each and every Defensive statistical category against the pass last season. We "Wish we had Brandon Meriweather"? Thats just too funny.

I've lived in FLorida for quite some time now, I'm a huge FSU fan but I follow all FLorida college Football teams. Meriweather is an above average at best type of talent @ the S position. He's been over hyper by the media because he played the S position @ 'THE U'! You know... The same school where Ed Reed and Sean Taylor played for. Guess what? He'll never be on that type of elite level. He'll never even be as good as Kenny Phillips. He's above average at best and pretty suspect in pass coverage.

[QUOTE=mcsully;3647081]Look at Bodden stats last year.. Someone in a different forum posted how Bodden as a top 8 CB in the league.. I believe it was a comparison between Bodden and Samuel.. (cold hard football facts??)[/QUOTE]

Boden, lmao. Boden would be our 4th CB behind Revis, Cromartie and Wilson. He'd have to fight Dwight Lowery for our dime spot.

Facts.

I say one has 8 wins and the other has 7.
    I voted the Dollfins will have a better season.

All Pro
    Patriots until proven otherwise. They have dominated the division for the last decade. I've been reading about their demise on this board for years, and they continue to finish on top year after year.

All League
    I actually think Bodden would be the Jets #2 cornerback.

Banned
    [QUOTE=MCBNY;3647128]I actually think Bodden would be the Jets #2 cornerback.[/QUOTE]

No way in hell would he start over Cromartie in man to man type of coverage.

Bodden would be our 4th CB.

All League
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3647050][QUOTE]The Patriots just aren't a strong Football team anymore.

They may have won the AFC East last season, but thats only because the Jets were starting a rookie under center with only 1 year of College experience and the Dolphins were starting a 1st year Starter at the QB Position. The Jets also had a 1st year head coach in Rex Ryan. If the Patriots could only finish 1 game better than the Jets last season; They'll have no chance here in 2010.[/QUOTE]

I've always appreciated you enthusiasm and passion for your home team, even though your efforts are often overly enthusiastic. But this could be the single most dumbest analysis of the Pats I have ever read.

[QUOTE][B]Just look @ how weak the Patriots really are. Your only as strong as your weakest link.[/B]

The Pats #1 and #2 CB's would be our 4th and 5th CB's. Even Dwight Lowery would compete for their #1 and #2 CB roster sports.[/QUOTE]

This is just plain silly and weakens your credibility to the breaking point. Bodden had a great season a season that Cromartie could only hope to aspire to. Butler has shown that he has the potential to develop into a fine NFL CB, and what makes you think that Wilson is any better than McCourty.
    [QUOTE]
    Both of our OLB's (Pace and Taylor) would start over any of their OLB's.[/QUOTE]

This rant might make more sense if you could name all the Jet LBs who had more sacks than Tully Banta Cain.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE]Their starting MLB in Mayo would be our 3rd MLB behind both Harris and Scott.[/QUOTE]

Suddenly the defensive ROY is a 2nd rate player.

[QUOTE]Sammy Morris, Laurence Maroney, Fred Taylor, Green-Ellis? You have got to be kidding me. None of those RB's would beat our Greene, L.T or McKnight. Our Rookie Joe McKnight would become their starter asap.
    [/QUOTE]

You missed Faulk, but your hyperbole about LT and McKnight are starting to make even Jet fans cringe
    [QUOTE]The Jets have three #1 WR's in Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery. The Patriots? They have an aging Randy Moss, Wes Welker could be out the entire season, Darnell Jenkins-Taylor Price-Brandon Tate-Julian Edelman-Shun White-Tyree Barnes; Who? Even Edelman would be our 4th WR at best.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, THREE #1's Holmes who will miss a full quarter of the season. Edwards who had FEWER catches during the regular season than a rookie 7th round pick, who had NEVER played WR, and played it most of the season with a broken arm and started 4 FEWER games. NOW THAT's a true definition of a #1 receiver....if you are DWC.

And as for Welker being out all season, he had more time on the field during OTA's than your "highly touted" rookie RB :D And the "aging" Randy Moss keeps putting up numbers that Holmes and Edwards can only hope to attain and Cotchery never will.

Price, Tate and Edelman are surely only developmental WRs, and but to compare them to Shun White?????? Again Jet fans are cringing. BTW Torry Holt had very Cotcheryesque numbers as well. I guess that He's a #1 WR as well :rolleyes:

And as for the Pats not being a deep team. They might not have the so called "star power" at the top of the roster, but they are MUCH DEEPER team overall than the Jets. Repeat MUCH DEEPER. On the OL, DL, RB, TE, LB,

All League
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3647157]
    But this could be the single [B]most dumbest [/B]analysis of the Pats I have ever read.

[/QUOTE]

teh irony