Thread: I will warn once again. Read the rules.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

I will warn once again. Read the rules.

Please read the rules at the top of the page. I don't want anyone getting kicked out of here for doing something stupid or saying they were not warned.

Enjoy.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know how my fellow junior mods will go about business, but I will tell you this -- to earn my modding merit badge I will not tolerate any of the crap that was the hallmark of the old political forum. Anyone has the freedom to say anything, but as soon as remarks turn personal and childish, the thread will be locked. And this goes for everyone, conservatives and liberals, rookie posters and old-time vets. I'm just not going to put up with it.

Years ago I used to post on a car forum that had a very active politics section. That group of degenerate gearheads had some of the most productive, respectful conversations I had ever seen on the internet. The key was just that, respect. I'm looking for insightful political discourse, not a back-and-forth hatefest calling each other names. That does no one any good, and frankly, it makes the attacker look like an outright moron.

So enjoy posting here, and just remember to be respectful.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I don't know how my fellow junior mods will go about business, but I will tell you this -- to earn my modding merit badge I will not tolerate any of the crap that was the hallmark of the old political forum. Anyone has the freedom to say anything, but as soon as remarks turn personal and childish, the thread will be locked. And this goes for everyone, conservatives and liberals, rookie posters and old-time vets. I'm just not going to put up with it.

Years ago I used to post on a car forum that had a very active politics section. That group of degenerate gearheads had some of the most productive, respectful conversations I had ever seen on the internet. The key was just that, respect. I'm looking for insightful political discourse, not a back-and-forth hatefest calling each other names. That does no one any good, and frankly, it makes the attacker look like an outright moron.

Dick. Seriously, good luck to you and the rest of the mods, Paulie. Sooth chose wisely.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I like you Paulie, and I know you're being sincere, but my expectations are extremely low. There's a handful of people on this site who just can't help themselves.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    pauliec
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Welcome aboard my friend
    Last edited by JetsFan2012; 07-15-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sourceworx View Post
    I like you Paulie, and I know you're being sincere, but my expectations are extremely low. There's a handful of people on this site who just can't help themselves.
    Then they won't be posting in the politics board.

I'm depending on guys like you to keep me grounded, though... I don't want to end up like Klecko.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Welcome aboard my friend
    Sweet.

And please ignore that "edited by" message. Still getting used to the extra controls.

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like

My first time here since the re-mod (OHH!)...I think your vision has taken hold. Many props, first to Sooth and also to you and the other interested mods.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    My first time here since the re-mod (OHH!)...I think your vision has taken hold. Many props, first to Sooth and also to you and the other interested mods.
    Thanks, man

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, man
    My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I have to agree with WCO
    Doesn't everybody?

you really have done an amazing job in this forum. I didn't think anyone could moderate this nut house, but you have just the right temperament and you've done a terrific job.
    Yes, a terrific job.