Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You Ready?

Are You Ready?

Ok guys..........new to JI, 1st post in the landing strip & excited to talk some Jets football.

Ever since we went down in Indy, I've had this season on my mind..............wondering if the phrase "Same Old Jets" was put to rest for good on that Sunday in San Diego, if this coach, this team, is the one that takes that next leap. Personally, I think so. People have their questions about how the offensive line will perform with a 1st time starter, the new faces in the run game, players wantin new contracts, "team chemistry", etc. No matter how many questions some may have about this team, I think the answer is simple: Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez.

Our coach, our QB appear to have what it takes to make it big under the bright lights of New York. Not like this is anything new bein posted or read by others, but this coach, with his F U defense which IMO got A LOT better with the acquisitions this offseason, & this QB who grew up before our eyes during that run in January, have this Jets fan more excited for the upcoming season over any other I can ever recall.

17 days away from camp, 2 months away from Monday Night & the Ravens, I ask you Jet fans...........ARE YOU READY?!?!?!
    Last edited by Bleed Green 2423; 07-15-2010 at 02:09 AM.

Good thing my 1st thread has so many responses...........lol

Jets Insider VIP
    speaking of getting ready

Mayor Bloomy better start getting the Canyon of Heroes ready for the parade in February

[QUOTE=Bleed Green 2423;3646656]Good thing my 1st thread has so many responses...........lol[/QUOTE]

Well, it was at 1AM, and not everyone has insomnia.

To answer your question.... I've gone through my offseason ups and downs. I thought we could go 14-2 at one point. A few weeks later I saw scenario after scenario that could land us at 7-9. Now I've abandoned numbers and decided on "playoff team with the potential to be much better." I was on Revis' side for a long time, then I was (briefly) frustrated with him, now I'm indifferent. If I hear or read the words "contract," "holdout," "lockout," "chemistry," "leadership," "CBA," or "PSL" one more time, I'll explode. So......yeah. I'd say that I'm ready.

Not sure if 1AM qualifies me as an insomniac, but point made lol.

Anyway, not sure if it's just the anticipation of this season or what, but this offseason has taken forever. I'm with u on bein sick of hearin the contract, chemistry, PSL or whatever chatter, about time the chatter stops n the pads start crackin up in Cortland!!

As far as expectations...........I definitely see it as a playoff team with championship potential. I say potential because IMO this team NEEDS to take the AFC East away from the Pats. As great as last years run to Indy was, we can all agree that running the table in the AFC on the road isn't exactly the ideal way to go. With that bein said, I can see myself bein very disappointed if we aren't back in that championship game come the end of January.
    Last edited by Bleed Green 2423; 07-15-2010 at 06:38 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green 2423;3646687]Not sure if 1AM qualifies me as an insomniac, but point made lol.

Anyway, not sure if it's just the anticipation of this season or what, but this offseason has taken forever. I'm with u on bein sick of hearin the contract, chemistry, PSL or whatever chatter, about time the chatter stops n the pads start crackin up in Cortland!!

As far as expectations...........I definitely see it as a playoff team with championship potential. I say potential because IMO this team NEEDS to take the AFC East away from the Pats. As great as last years run to Indy was, we can all agree that running the table in the AFC on the road isn't exactly the ideal way to go. With that bein said, I can see myself bein very disappointed if we aren't back in that championship game come the end of January.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to JI. I completely agree with your posts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Pattycakes??? once upon a time when Tommigirl knew every defensive play in advance, they mattered.

Their time has passed. Declining 35 year old or so passer, worst running game in the entire league, aged OL and "defense" playing for other teams or working for ESPN and arguably the worst drafts in the league since 2006.... Even if he had his illegal videotapes, it would be tough for Psychotic Billi Vanilli, without them, he'll be battling to try and stay ahead of the Bills for the third place trophy in 2010

I'm not gonna disagree with your post.........they took a step back last year, and their recent drafts have certainly been sub par. All I'm sayin is that this division has been theirs 7 of the last 9 years, and even though we've had our share of playoff football durin that span, it's been 2nd fiddle to them. That has to end this year. I hate their guts as much as anybody on this board, but they're not gonna lie down and let us have it, we've gotta take it from them. It's gotta be OUR time.

Jets Insider VIP
    frankly there isn't a damn thing they can do about it

REAR VIEW MIRROR

their run is DONE

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... welcome aboard 2423 ...

... amazing to see you're still awake :eek: ... you really are pumped for the season! ...

... can't wait either ... s*cks just having to hear about the business side ... although the sanchez thing in cali is a nice respite and hard knocks next month will take the edge off as well ...

... if mark can take the next step forward and the injury bug stays away 2010 can be special ...

l_j_r

haha, i slept inbetween whenever my first post was til early this morning, but either way still just as pumped.

the only problem i really have with the business side of things right now is the revis situation. it never should have gotten to even whats goin on right now. i'm as big of a revis fan as anybody. am i disappointed that he's at the very least considerin a holdout to start camp? damn right, but darrelle revis is no dummy. when mr. tannenbaum tells u he wants to make u the highest paid corner in the league, i'm pretty sure the 1st thing that popped into his head wasn't guaranteed dollars, it was annual dollars, ASO annual dollars.............n i think both sides are at fault to some extent

i think this will get worked out regardless, hopefully without any missed practice time for revis, as well as mangold too. i dont worry about harris by any means, dude just puts on his helmet n goes to work n he'll be here for a long time.

Banned
    Welcome to JI BG2423; Great to have you on board for our soon to be Championship run :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green 2423;3646656]Good thing my 1st thread has so many responses...........lol[/QUOTE]

lol it was thursday morning...@ 2:30..what'd you expect??

Hall Of Fame
    i'm ready dude..this is gonna be a very interesting year...jets have a target on their back but that's ok, i'm confident this team will be tough to beat. If your team doesn't have a top notch QB just go home.

more than any other time in the past 10 seasons, this division is for the jets to take. only one team stands in their way and that's the jets. it doesn't matter how good the patsies or doltfins or bills play, the jets have the players and coaches to get it done.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It takes time to run our background checks.

All League
    :rockon:

I'm ready.

[QUOTE=sameoldjets;3647072]more than any other time in the past 10 seasons, this division is for the jets to take. only one team stands in their way and that's the jets. it doesn't matter how good the patsies or doltfins or bills play, the jets have the players and coaches to get it done.[/QUOTE]

to piggyback off the division is ours for the taking........what's everyones opinion on the state of the AFC as a whole? it looks like 2 mainstays (pats, steelers) may be givin way to us & the ravens, with the colts not takin a step back with those 2 teams. i refuse to consider san diego an elite team in the AFC, everybody knows they're a matchup nightmare for the colts & if u take away their 2 playoff meetings, they have 1 playoff win since '04. imo, while the division is certainly for the taking, the same argument can be made for the AFC.

i think pats/steelers/colts is on the verge of becoming colts/jets/ravens. thoughts?
    Last edited by Bleed Green 2423; 07-15-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Bleed Green 2423;3647221]to piggyback off the division is ours for the taking........what's everyones opinion on the state of the AFC as a whole? it looks like 2 mainstays (pats, steelers) may be givin way to us & the ravens, with the colts not takin a step back with those 2 teams. i refuse to consider san diego an elite team in the AFC, everybody knows they're a matchup nightmare for the colts & if u take away their 2 playoff meetings, they have 1 playoff win since '04. imo, while the division is certainly for the taking, the same argument can be made for the AFC.

i think pats/steelers/colts is on the verge of becoming colts/jets/ravens. thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I agree. The loss of a leader such as L.T can hurt that team. The loss of Cromartie is a major blow to their secondary and Vincent Jackson missing time could really kill their entire Offensive passing attack.

Pats/Steelers/Colts/Chargers could be on the verge of becoming Colts/Jets/Ravens/Bengals

I feel both the Bengals and Ravens will be strong for years to come.

i think the bengals are very strong defensively & on the offensive line...........but i wonder about carson palmer & cedric benson. benson had a hell of a year, however i gotta see that from him more than just once. as for carson, there's no doubt w/ocho, bryant, gresham & caldwell that this guy has a nice stable of weapons to throw to. could be a put up or shut up year for a guy that was once considered a top 5 passer just 3 years into his career