Thread: Top 25 Prospects - #3 Shonn Greene ~ ~ ~

Hall Of Fame

Top 25 Prospects - #3 Shonn Greene ~ ~ ~

Link : Top 25 Prospects
    July 14th, 2010 - by Steiny

Bill Barnwell of Football Outsiders takes a look at the Top 25 prospects heading into the 2010 season. Making the list at number three is Jets running back Shonn Greene.

3. Shonn Greene, RB, New York Jets
    Greene’s no secret, of course. After Leon Washington broke his leg against the Oakland Raiders in Week 7, Greene entered the Jets’ rotation at halfback and became an instant contributor. And when we say instant, we mean it in a literal sense; Greene gained 144 yards on the ground in that game over the final three quarters. He was impressive the rest of the way, but he really turned things on in the playoffs, where he became the Jets’ primary back until suffering an injury in the AFC Championship Game. He will retain that role with the departure of Washington and Thomas Jones this offseason. While the Jets are unlikely to be as effective running the ball on a per-play basis in 2010, the increase in Greene’s usage rate should be plenty enough to push him past 1,000 rushing yards.

Barnwell is pretty much spot on with his analysis of Greene. However, it should be noted that Greene was injured for the first few weeks of the season, so he was well rested when his name was called vs. the Raiders. We have yet to see him carry the rock for a full 16 games, so it should be interesting to see what Greene can do if he remains healthy.

> [url]http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/07/14/link-top-25-prospects/[/url]

Banned
    I'll take Shonn Greene as my #2 overall pick (Hope he's still there). Going QB with my first pick of the fantasy draft.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3646986]I'll take Shonn Greene as my #2 overall pick (Hope he's still there). Going QB with my first pick of the fantasy draft.[/QUOTE]

Unless you are playing Fantasy Football with Shonn Greene, he'll still be there at #2.

[QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3647029]Unless you are playing Fantasy Football with Shonn Greene, he'll still be there at #2.[/QUOTE]

:funnyguy:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;3647029]Unless you are playing Fantasy Football with Shonn Greene, he'll still be there at #2.[/QUOTE]

Not the #2 overall pick, My 2nd overall pick. Which means; 2nd round...

Hall Of Fame
    13, Knights Who say Ni street, Long Island, NY.
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3647056]Not the #2 overall pick, My 2nd overall pick. Which means; 2nd round...[/QUOTE]

.... second OVERALL is the second OVERALL pick... not a second round pick..... it cant be both.

The kids right. HIS number 2 pick would be HIS second round pick. Lay off. geez

[img]http://tinyurl.com/2flh8w3[/img]

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3646986]I'll take Shonn Greene as my #2 overall pick (Hope he's still there). Going QB with my first pick of the fantasy draft.[/QUOTE]

I thought he was going to be a Top 5 FF pick? How do you figure he'll be around in Round 2?