Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees vs. Rays @ Yankee Stadium

Yankees vs. Rays @ Yankee Stadium

TAMPA BAY RAYS VS. NEW YORK YANKEES

Friday: James Shields, RHP, (7-9, 4.87 ERA) vs. CC Sabathia, LHP, (12-3, 3.09 ERA)

Saturday: Jeff Niemann, RHP, (7-2, 2.77 ERA) vs. A.J. Burnett, RHP, (7-7, 4.75 ERA)

Sunday: David Price, LHP, (12-4, 2.42 ERA) vs. Andy Pettitte, LHP (11-2, 2.70 ERA)

New half of baseball, hopefully the Yankees come out strong.

should we auto forfeit the series?

Those are some interesting pitching matchups. I hope Burnett can pitch another good one in a row

Prepare for the 8 paragraph posts about the wonder that is Evan Longoria and David Price...

All Pro

Yankees to honor Boss, Sheppard before Friday’s game

As per yanees.lhblogs.com:
    http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2010/07/1...-fridays-game/

"YANKEES TO HONOR GEORGE M. STEINBRENNER III AND BOB SHEPPARD PRIOR TO FRIDAY’S GAME AT YANKEE STADIUM

The New York Yankees will hold a tribute to commemorate the lives and recognize the passings of former Principal Owner / Chairperson George M. Steinbrenner III and longtime Yankees public address announcer Bob Sheppard prior to their 7:05 p.m. game on Friday, July 16 vs. Tampa Bay.

Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 6:45 p.m. for the pregame ceremony which will include a video tribute to “The Boss” and a special moment of silence honoring both of the Yankees icons. Further tributes to Mr. Steinbrenner and Mr. Sheppard will be revealed during Friday’s ceremony, and additional ceremonies will be held during Old-Timers’ Day events on Saturday, July 17.

United States Army Sergeant First Class MaryKay Messenger will sing the national anthem on Friday, and the West Point Color Guard will present the colors.

In addition, a wreath will be placed in front of Mr. Steinbrenner’s statue in the Yankee Stadium Gate 2 Executive Lobby as well as in front of Mr. Sheppard’s plaque in Monument Park."

I'm going to tomorrow night's game. Should be a very emotional night.

Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Prepare for the 8 paragraph posts about the wonder that is Evan Longoria and David Price...
    Only if they win, if they lose he won't be around.

All League
    2 out of 3 please

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Only if they win, if they lose he won't be around.
    Can you imagine if the Yanks sweep the series? He may just quit the message board entirely

Banned
    I was confident in the Rays ability to sweep the Red Sox @ Home in the Trop; And thats exactly what happened.

Both teams have been playing hot, both teams are 8-2 over the past 10 games.

This may be a road series for the Rays, but I'm expecting a 3 game swep of the Yankees to take 1st place of the AL East; Exactly where we've been all season long: 1st place.

Other than the 1st game, the Rays have the pitching advantages in both games #2 and #3.

What happened the last time the Rays and Yankees played? Oh yeah, thats right.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I was confident in the Rays ability to sweep the Red Sox @ Home in the Trop; And thats exactly what happened.

This may be a road series for the Rays, but I'm expecting a 3 game swep of the Yankees to take 1st place of the AL East; Exactly where we've been all season long: 1st place.

Other than the 1st game, the Rays have the pitching advantages in both games #2 and #3.

A sweep?

Man you are a clown.

I agree, Rays are definitely going to sweep the Yankees this weekend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    A sweep?

Man you are a clown.
    I just wanna know, if you know, what happened the last time the Rays and Yankees played? Do you? If so, please... Let me know what happened.

Hall Of Fame
    This may be a road series for the Rays, but I'm expecting a 3 game swep of the Yankees to take 1st place of the AL East;

Exactly where we've been all season long: 1st place.
    All except the Summer Season..

you know, the last 4 weeks.

Devil Rays will somehow manage to pick up 6 games on the Yanks this weekend.

Jets Insider VIP
    You know all season long, I've been kind of pulling for the Rays to keep playing well and just stay a bit below the Yankees pace. You know, just cuz a new rivalry in the division would be fun. The Sox thing is just so played out, so I was kind of looking forward to something fresh.

But this complete doof has killed that. I now wish the Debil Rays lose every game the rest of the season and finish behind the Orioles. Just so I never have to hear this idiocy again.

Dude, you're worse than a Sox fan. At least some of them understand the game they watch.

After this series, Rays will be 10 up on the Yankes. I can respect anyone who comes back to eat crow. When you disappear after your outrageous uninformed retarded ramblings go outrageously wrong a la Raiders1983739847 then you lose all respect........ well if you had any to begin with which clearly he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You know all season long, I've been kind of pulling for the Rays to keep playing well and just stay a bit below the Yankees pace. You know, just cuz a new rivalry in the division would be fun. The Sox thing is just so played out, so I was kind of looking forward to something fresh.

But this complete doof has killed that. I now wish the Debil Rays lose every game the rest of the season and finish behind the Orioles. Just so I never have to hear this idiocy again.

Dude, you're worse than a Sox fan. At least some of them understand the game they watch.
    My thoughts exactly. I wanted to like them. Bandwagon jumper ruined it.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I agree, Rays are definitely going to sweep the Yankees this weekend.
    Ahhhhh, reverse psychology no?

I just wanna know, if you know, what happened the last time the Rays and Yankees played? Do you? If so, please... Let me know what happened.
    I just have a funny feeling I know what's going to happen and I'm sure you won't be pleased sir