Thread: Where are the training camp dates?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Where are the training camp dates?

Very anxious to see the dates for training camp and hopefully a green/white scrimmage as well. What's the hold up?:huh:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least they have the page up, but no dates yet: [URL="http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html"]http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html[/URL]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    8/2-8/20

no practices on the day before, day of or day after the NYG preseason game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    been wondering this myself...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm planning on taking a day off from work, hopping the metro north to Cortland and go to a day of training camp.

Mike

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Keyman;3647383]At least they have the page up, but no dates yet: [URL="http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html"]http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Its finally updated. Ill have to leave early Monday morning to get there by 820, but booked my hotel for Monday night.
    Last edited by Keyman; 07-16-2010 at 05:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Keyman;3648336]Its finally updated. Ill have to leave early Monday morning to get there by 820, but booked my hotel for Monday night.[/QUOTE]

No Floraham Park?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=djaparz;3648348]No Floraham Park?[/QUOTE]

I would suspect they will have some open practices at Florham just like last year, just haven't deteremined the dates and times.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Keyman;3648351]I would suspect they will have some open practices at Florham just like last year, just haven't deteremined the dates and times.[/QUOTE]

If i am not mistaken it was just prior to the last pre-season game.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

8/23 and 8/24 in Florham Park

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/07/jets_release_2010_training_cam.html[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    too lazy to click?

2010 NEW YORK JETS TRAINING CAMP PRACTICE STARTING TIMES

8/2 8:20 a.m. (closed to public) and 4:20 p.m.

8/3 8:20 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. (ST)

8/4 8:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.

8/5 8:50 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. (ST)

8/6 8:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.

8/7 Green & White Scrimmage: 6 p.m.

8/9 8:20 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. (ST)

8/10 8:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.

8/11 8:20 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. (ST)

8/12 8:50 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.

8/13 8:20 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. (ST)

8/14 8:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.

8/15 8:50 a.m.

8/16 Preseason Game against New York Giants, 8 p.m.

8/18 8:20 a.m. and 4:15 p.m. (ST)

8/19 8:20 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.

8/21 Preseason Game at Carolina Panthers, 8 p.m.

8/23 Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center

8/24 Practice at Atlantic Health Jets Training Center

8/25 Practice at Hofstra University, 6 p.m.

8/27 Preseason Game against Washington Redskins, 7 p.m.

9/2 Preseason Game at Philadelphia Eagles, 7:30 p.m.

(ST Special teams practice)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow; Football season is really right around the corner! Cant wait.

I'm really looking foward to the preseason this year, and as always; I'll be praying for an injury free preseason.

Really looking foward to watching players such as L.T, Joe McKnight, Santonio Holmes, Jason Taylor, Antonio Cromartie, Kyle Wilson and Brodney Pool. Really pumped up about watching Joe McKnight; This kid could become a Reggie Bush type of player.

As a Jets fan, I'll be paying close attention to the battle between Vladimir Ducasse and Matt Slauson at LG.

Another interesting battle will be between Mike Devito, Vernon Gholston, Rodrique Wright and Ropati Pitoitua for our starting right defensie end position. My money is on Mike DeVito as of right now, but I'll be pulling for Vernon Gholston to hold his own.

I'll be paying close attention to the return of Kris Jenkins. Would be nice to see Nick Folk have a strong preseason as well.

[B]Question:[/B]

Who's the Jets opening day Kick Returner and Punt Returner out of Aundrae Allison, Joe McKnight, David Clowney, Jerricho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Antonio Cromartie, Dwight Lowery and Kyle Wilson?

I'd enjoy watching Joe McKnight as our Kick Returner. This kid has the ability to make us forget about Leon Washington. I'd love to see McKnight make an impact as a rookie here in 2010 in one way or another.

I'd also like to see Kyle Wilson as our Punt Returner; This kid has been the Nation's #1 Punt Returner over the past two years for Boise State; 90 Punt Returns, 793 yards, average of 8.81 yards per return, 3 punt returns for TD's.

If not McKnight as our Kick Returner, I'd like to see Brad Smith. If not for Wilson as our Punt Returner, I'll be pulling for anyone except Jerricho Cotchery. I just feel like it's too dangerious to have Cotchery back there returning punts, he's too important to our Offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the missus was thrilled that there will be no practices on 8/8

a day of outlet time on the way up

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those planning on going up for the first day, apparently, there is some confusion as to wether the 820 practice on Monday 8/2 is open to the public. In the article on the website it lists it as closed to the public, but on the schedule page it does not. If anyone has gotten any clarification, please pass it along.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    if the schedule says (closed to the public), my guess is that it just might be closed to the public.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3649090]if the schedule says (closed to the public), my guess is that it just might be closed to the public.[/QUOTE]

You would think so, but if you go here, no mention: [URL="http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html"]http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/training-camp-schedule.html[/URL]