Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remember the Denver Rushing attacks? Thomas Jones was a product of our O-Line:

Banned

Remember the Denver Rushing attacks? Thomas Jones was a product of our O-Line:

All this talk about Shonn Greene having question marks about his ability to stay healthy, L.T being up there in age, Joe McKnight being a rookie are all moot points in my eyes. This Offensive Line is built to rush the Football, and it's also built to rush the Football with major success.

With the type of speed, power and explosiveness that Shonn Greene possesses, he could become a top 5 type of back when it comes down to overall production here in 2010. There are more reasons than one why Shonn Greene will be drafted as a top 5 Fantasy Back this year.

L.T hasn't had a solid run blocking FB over the past two years with the Chargers, L.T hasn't had an O-Line that was built to rush the rock since 2007, where he rushed for 1,474 yards, average yards per carry of 4.7 to go along with 15 TD's. In 2008 Lorenzo Neal left the Chargers; Thats when the Chargers rushing attack went down the drain.

In 2008 L.T only rushed for 1110 yards, 11 TD's with an average of only 3.8 yards per carry.

Last year, L.T only rushed for 730 yards, 12 TD's with an average yards per carry of only 3.3

Over the past two years, L.T has had no type of help out of the Chargers O-Line when it came down to rushing the rock. But guess what? That still hasn't stopped L.T from wracking up 23 Rushing TD's over the past two seasons of work. You think Thomas Jones could have put up 23 TD's with the Chargers over the past two years? No way in hell. <-> See 2007 <-> Thomas Jones would have been lucky to put up 12 TD's over the past two years behind that Chargers "O-Line".

L.T is twice the runner Thomas Jones could ever dream of being. L.T still has alot more talent than Thomas Jones ever had, and if anything, L.T could have a monster season here in 2010; due to our O-Line, Tony Richardson, as well as his field vision; Which has always been amazing.

I'm tired of everyone doubting L.T. as well as our rushing attack. People who doubt L.T "Because of his lack of production over the past two years", have no idea that the entire Chargers rushing attac died when they lost an all-time great in Lorenzo Neal.

In 2005, Darren Sproles had an average of 6.3 yards per carry. In 2006, Sproles has an average of 4.4. Last year? Sproles only had an average of 3.7

Thomas Jones did nothing in 2007; Thats because our O-Line was a mess, Brick and Ferguson were only 2nd year players, and we had crap @ the FB position. Thomas Jones only rushed for 1119 yards, 3.6 average with [B]1 TD[/B] on the year.

In 2008... The Jets added Faneca, Tony Richardson and Woody. Thomas Jones took off; He exploded over the next two years. Did he get better with age? No. He was a product of an Offense that was built to rush the rock. During 2008 and 2009, Thomas Jones combined for 2,714 yards, 27 TD's, with an average of 4.3 yards per carry.

I have news for you all. L.T of the Chargers rushed for 28 TD's in 2006. Put L.T behind an explosive O-Line, with weapons around him on the Offensive side of the ball, and watch the man run to glory.

He's only 31 years of age. People are acting like he's 35 years old. The man is an all-time great (Something Thomas Jones has no idea about).

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm excited, pumped up, and cant wait to see L.T rush the rock in Green and White. He's an X-Factor, can take over games with our O-Line, can catch out of the backfield; He's a dual threat type of back. He'll open up the field for everyone else.

For those of you who know nothing about Joe McKnight; Watch some film on this kid. He's a real talent.

Banned
    Only a fool would doubt this 3 headed rushing attack.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coG8TX48XXE[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6e8YkR2Y-8[/url]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPLZagWioUU[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    I agree with you that TJ was a big beneficiary of the OL, and IMO the Denver comparison is spot on. I think LT will benefit from it as well like you said. Greene does concern me a bit, not gonna lie. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3647433]All this talk about Shonn Greene having question marks about his ability to stay healthy, L.T being up there in age, Joe McKnight being a rookie are all moot points in my eyes. This Offensive Line is built to rush the Football, and it's also built to rush the Football with major success.

With the type of speed, power and explosiveness that Shonn Greene possesses, he could become a top 5 type of back when it comes down to overall production here in 2010. There are more reasons than one why Shonn Greene will be drafted as a top 5 Fantasy Back this year.

L.T hasn't had a solid run blocking FB over the past two years with the Chargers, L.T hasn't had an O-Line that was built to rush the rock since 2007, where he rushed for 1,474 yards, average yards per carry of 4.7 to go along with 15 TD's. In 2008 Lorenzo Neal left the Chargers; Thats when the Chargers rushing attack went down the drain.

In 2008 L.T only rushed for 1110 yards, 11 TD's with an average of only 3.8 yards per carry.

Last year, L.T only rushed for 730 yards, 12 TD's with an average yards per carry of only 3.3

Over the past two years, L.T has had no type of help out of the Chargers O-Line when it came down to rushing the rock. But guess what? That still hasn't stopped L.T from wracking up 23 Rushing TD's over the past two seasons of work. You think Thomas Jones could have put up 23 TD's with the Chargers over the past two years? No way in hell. <-> See 2007 <-> Thomas Jones would have been lucky to put up 12 TD's over the past two years behind that Chargers "O-Line".

L.T is twice the runner Thomas Jones could ever dream of being. L.T still has alot more talent than Thomas Jones ever had, and if anything, L.T could have a monster season here in 2010; due to our O-Line, Tony Richardson, as well as his field vision; Which has always been amazing.

I'm tired of everyone doubting L.T. as well as our rushing attack. People who doubt L.T "Because of his lack of production over the past two years", have no idea that the entire Chargers rushing attac died when they lost an all-time great in Lorenzo Neal.

In 2005, Darren Sproles had an average of 6.3 yards per carry. In 2006, Sproles has an average of 4.4. Last year? Sproles only had an average of 3.7

Thomas Jones did nothing in 2007; Thats because our O-Line was a mess, Brick and Ferguson were only 2nd year players, and we had crap @ the FB position. Thomas Jones only rushed for 1119 yards, 3.6 average with [B]1 TD[/B] on the year.

In 2008... The Jets added Faneca, Tony Richardson and Woody. Thomas Jones took off; He exploded over the next two years. Did he get better with age? No. He was a product of an Offense that was built to rush the rock. During 2008 and 2009, Thomas Jones combined for 2,714 yards, 27 TD's, with an average of 4.3 yards per carry.

I have news for you all. L.T of the Chargers rushed for 28 TD's in 2006. Put L.T behind an explosive O-Line, with weapons around him on the Offensive side of the ball, and watch the man run to glory.

He's only 31 years of age. People are acting like he's 35 years old. The man is an all-time great (Something Thomas Jones has no idea about).

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm excited, pumped up, and cant wait to see L.T rush the rock in Green and White. He's an X-Factor, can take over games with our O-Line, can catch out of the backfield; He's a dual threat type of back. He'll open up the field for everyone else.

For those of you who know nothing about Joe McKnight; Watch some film on this kid. He's a real talent.[/QUOTE]

Lets not forget in 08 Favre was also added not just Faneca and T-Rich.. In 07 TJ still avg 3.6 ypc and he had 2 tds 1 rushing 1 td reception and 1115 yds.

[QUOTE=Savage69;3647468]Lets not forget in 08 Favre was also added not just Faneca and T-Rich.. In 07 TJ still avg 3.6 ypc and he had 2 tds 1 rushing 1 td reception and 1115 yds.[/QUOTE]
    :funnyguy:
    You're such a dick....

hilarious

[QUOTE=Jetworks;3647465]I agree with you that TJ was a big beneficiary of the OL, and IMO the Denver comparison is spot on. I think LT will benefit from it as well like you said. Greene does concern me a bit, not gonna lie. I'm cautiously optimistic.[/QUOTE]

Same here, no way TJ would have coped behind the Chargers line - if anything he would've regressed more than LT did. All indications and reports from TC are that LT has been displaying his considerable skills and is motivated to perform and flourish behind our beastly line.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Greaser;3647471]:funnyguy:
    You're such a dick....

hilarious[/QUOTE]

Can you name another Jet back that had only 2 tds in 03?? :P

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=FijiJet;3647476]Same here, no way TJ would have coped behind the Chargers line - if anything he would've regressed more than LT did. All indications and reports from TC are that LT has been displaying his considerable skills and is motivated to perform and flourish behind our beastly line.[/QUOTE]

LT had double digit tds the last 2 years(His whole career actually) and I think points still win games..:yes:

that LT highlight reel is one of the worst highlight reels i've ever seen.

Practice Squad
    I think the Jets offense is stacked higher than their #1 ranked defense. The comparison to Denver is good, and I'll take Greene, Tomlinson and McKnight over Denver's Davis, Hebron and Smith. If the Jets can get the passing game going our running attack will be that much better. I can't wait.

i'm sure the jet coaches and tanny have considered lt's drop off and concluded it was at least partially due to the charger pass emphasis and play calling. we'll certainly see because lt didn't come here to carry a clip board or be a practice player. he's going to see some early action. if he does well, then he's going to be a serious factor all season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why all the hate for tj? At this stage of their respective careers, tj is much much much much better then lt. Its not debatable

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3647500]Why all the hate for tj? At this stage of their respective careers, tj is much much much much better then lt. Its not debatable[/QUOTE]

This season will certainly bear that contention out.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3647500] At this stage of their respective careers, tj is much much much much better then lt. Its not debatable[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to bump this thread up around week 6 or so.

By that time... L.T should become a huge Offensive X-Factor for the Jets, while Thomas Jones struggles to wrack up 3 yards per carry with the Chiefs.

This is not about any hate for Thomas Jones, I enjoyed the man while he was here, but the fact of the matter is this; L.T is an all-time great; Thomas Jones was a product of our Offensive line 2 out of the 3 years he was here.

All Pro
    My buddy is a KC Chiefs fan and he was saying that their fans are going ape sh*t over TJ saying he's a power back, blah, blah, blah. I told him to wait and see cuz it's gonna be a mess behind their line. TJ will be exposed as a product of our stellar O-line. :yes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=RageATL;3647526]My buddy is a KC Chiefs fan and he was saying that their fans are going ape sh*t over TJ saying he's a power back, blah, blah, blah. I told him to wait and see cuz it's gonna be a mess behind their line. TJ will be exposed as a product of our stellar O-line. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I agree Rage. L.T is in a great situation with the Jets.

Franchise QB= Check.
    Franchise LT= Check.
    All Pro Center= Check.
    Future HOF lead blocking FB= Check.
    Talented Pass Catching TE= Check.
    Three #1 WR's= Check.
    Coaching Staff that loves to rush the Football= Check.

L.T will love it here with the Jets. Actually, he already does; Check out his Jets tattoo.

Veteran

Remember the Denver Rushing attacks? Thomas Jones was a product of our O-Line:

Finally someone that makes sense!!! I don't post often in the off season but I agree 100%.

I appreciate what TJ did here, but I am definitely not concerned about his departure. He was a solid back that didn't fumble but didn't do anything that any NFL caliber running back couldn't do.

We have a strong run first philosophy with a strong o-line. Give me any running back in the NFL and he would get similar numbers to tj the past three years.

A lot of people who over emphasize the RB position. Like you mentioned, Denver turned out good back after good back.

I believe there are only a handful (2-4) Truly good backs. Then about the next 80% are all interchangeable. LT was great now he falls into that later category.

To get to the point. We won't miss two yard jones much this season. Especially at the goal line where I still be LT is 100x better still.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=RageATL;3647526]My buddy is a KC Chiefs fan and he was saying that their fans are going ape sh*t over TJ saying he's a power back, blah, blah, blah. I told him to wait and see cuz it's gonna be a mess behind their line. TJ will be exposed as a product of our stellar O-line. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Jamaal Charles a 2nd year back had over 1100 yds 7 tds and avg 5.9 ypc on 190 carries on that mess of a line last season??:yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3647541]Jamaal Charles a 2nd year back had over 1100 yds 7 tds and avg 5.9 ypc on 190 carries on that mess of a line last season??:yes:[/QUOTE]

Good point, but he's an explosive back with fresh legs, far removed from what TJ is at this juncture.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Rage ATL;3647547]Good point, but he's an explosive back with fresh legs, far removed from what TJ is at this juncture.[/QUOTE]

Like Greene Charles was a great 3rd rd pick.. If they split carries TJ will do ok but no one beats Father time..:eek: