Thread: Took in a Trenton Thunder game tonight

Took in a Trenton Thunder game tonight

I was leaving work late and saw the Thunder game starting, so I thought I'd stop by and see a few innings. $12 got me a ticket 7 rows behind home plate, and another $6 for a hotdog and a soda. Not too bad.

The experience at the ballpark is pretty fun, and the quality of play was actually pretty damn good. I kept an eye out for Austin Romine, since he's the only hot prospect I know of, and I only saw him do two things: hit a weak popout to short, and throw a horrible one-hopper to the second baseman, trying to catch a runner stealing. Of course, not an accurate assessment at all, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anyway, nice time at the ballpark. It was first time there and I'd definitely go back.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I was leaving work late and saw the Thunder game starting, so I thought I'd stop by and see a few innings. $12 got me a ticket 7 rows behind home plate, and another $6 for a hotdog and a soda. Not too bad.

The experience at the ballpark is pretty fun, and the quality of play was actually pretty damn good. I kept an eye out for Austin Romine, since he's the only hot prospect I know of, and I only saw him do two things: hit a weak popout to short, and throw a horrible one-hopper to the second baseman, trying to catch a runner stealing. Of course, not an accurate assessment at all, but I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Anyway, nice time at the ballpark. It was first time there and I'd definitely go back.
    Great ball park, but not an easy park to hit a ball out...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Great ball park, but not an easy park to hit a ball out...
    No, I noticed that, not at all. I guess they have a lot of advertising to sell, because that whole outfield wall is massive and plastered with signs. From a fan enjoyment point of view, I wish the wall was lower so you could see the river behind the field. From a player point of view, I'm sure they feel the same way for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    No, I noticed that, not at all. I guess they have a lot of advertising to sell, because that whole outfield wall is massive and plastered with signs. From a fan enjoyment point of view, I wish the wall was lower so you could see the river behind the field. From a player point of view, I'm sure they feel the same way for different reasons.
    I remember the right field wall being much lower than the left field wall... I thought they did that so you could see the river. I guess they changed that recently. Also if you look at Romine's home and away numbers, he hits MUCH MUCH better on the road.