Thread: We need to get thru 1st 3 games

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

We need to get thru 1st 3 games

Ravens
    Pats
    @ Fins
    Without Holmesy

Positives: Defenses are usually ahead of Offenses early in the season. That certainly favors the Jets with 2 tough games at the new stadium. The loudest I have ever heard Jet fans was last years Pats game & I was watching it at home. According to the designers of the Stadium, fans are even closer to the field & they believe the accoustics will be even louder.

It is going to be very hard for Flacco to call signals & change plays at the line & as we all know Rex will have them pinning their ears back and doing a lot of feigning at the line of scrimmage to disrupt any rhythm.

Tom Brady had a tough time, I'd be shocked if Flacco will be able to handle it any better than a Hall of Famer like Brady.

Jets will need to gear up & stop the run against the Ravens.
    Game is going to be a headknocker right out of the gate.

Patriots- Pats get a HUGE BREAK with the likely suspension of Benson for their game against the Bengals. I'm praying that doesn't happen because the Bengals are perfectly built to beat the Pats. Good running game, physical defense, Good receivers. Cincy went 6-0 in their division last year, this games no cakewalk, especially if Benson plays. Guy ripped us for 166.

Miami- Thank god this is a night game in Sept.
    Sanchez was really good against the Fins- Both games bringing the Jets back for a chance @ victory. No way Ronnie Brown is 100% for this game, Jets stuff Ricky, make Miami one dimensional & double Marshall.

If the Jets come out of these 1st 3 games with a winning record, look out.
    Awesome that we get Holmes vs Vikings cause we will need to score some points to beat that team. lets hope Favre is not in his groove yet and takes a few beatings in his 1st 4 games to soften him up. I know he's tough but COME ON! getting knocked on your ass at 40 years old has got to be painful.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    bah. we don't know how the Jets or any of those teams will come out of the gate. last season, Houston, New England and Tennessee looked like murderer's row during the offseason and we won all 3 with a rook at QB and HC.

we could do the same thing - win the first 3 - and then get hammered outside the conference. this is why trying to predict strength of schedule is mental masturbation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry about week 1 that's an automatic win. The Ravens have Cody and he's the worstest player ever.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    we need to get through the first 16 games and the next three games...

fretting and wringing your hands over the first three=very SOJF like IMHO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3647983]we need to get through the first 16 games and the next three games...

fretting and wringing your hands over the first three=very SOJF like IMHO[/QUOTE]

+1

Mod Friend to JI Legends
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3647931]bah. we don't know how the Jets or any of those teams will come out of the gate. last season, Houston, New England and Tennessee looked like murderer's row during the offseason and we won all 3 with a rook at QB and HC.

we could do the same thing - win the first 3 - and then get hammered outside the conference. this is why [B]trying to predict strength of schedule is mental masturbation[/B].[/QUOTE]
    Look, it's the off season. I need a Jetsgasm; and you're wrecking the vibe. :D

How will Pettine get the drop on Baltimore if they know his over-load tendencies? We have a chance to get some major picks in this game...I think it's going to be rough going here in 2010, Game One.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are better then all 3 of those teams. if we lose all 3, something is wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the first time in my life I'm going to back to back Jet games.

Going to the first game with a party bus full of boozing Raven fans. That'll be a long 4 hour ride home if we lose that one.

Going to the second game with family- never seen a Jets-Pats game and I'll be devastated if we lose that one.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to get all 3, realistically 2, if I had to choose which, the 2 division games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;3648018]Look, it's the off season. I need a Jetsgasm; and you're wrecking the vibe. :D

How will Pettine get the drop on Baltimore if they know his over-load tendencies? We have a chance to get some major picks in this game...I think it's going to be rough going here in 2010, Game One.[/QUOTE]

Funny- Isn't talking about football sort of the point here? NY Jets football messageboard. Too many post police.

SG3 should talk- almost every post is GFY
    That's physically impossible dude so why even post it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ravens have a solid team. It's going to be a tough opener. Flacco is emerging, they've added Boldin, Rice is a top 5 RB, and their defense is still nasty. The Rex vs Balt storyline is going to be entertaining, for sure..and if anyone knows Rex's defense, it's this team.. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens pull this one out.

With Welker apparently way ahead of schedule, it will be interesting to see how well the Jets contain him with their upgraded DBs. Revis owns Moss - if Welker is slowed down, I think the Jets win this game easily.

Miami in Sept is always rough- like others have said, we lucked out getting a night game. If I was laying some cash down, I'd say the game would better resemble the 2nd time these teams met last year - Miami's running game isn't going off against us like it did the first time we met. Marshall will give Revis some fits- I think he's the most physically gifted WR in the game.. but I don't see that Miami defense as being anything more than average. It's game we should win- but you could have said that about both of our match ups last year.
    Last edited by shuler82; 07-16-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thing about Holmes is it's hard to miss someone you haven't had suit up for you yet. They don't know what life with Holmes is going to be like for them to miss it.

Early on, our offense will be very similar to late last year, in that the main weapons passing will be Edwards, Cotchery, and Keller. But it'll also be better. Sanchez will have a full training camp to work with someone like Edwards which he didn't get last year. He'll also have more chemistry with Cotchery and Keller in that it's their second season working togeather rather then their first. And Sanchez will know the system much better, will have less growing pains, ect. Plus, we get to add in a RB that's a weapon out of the backfield like LT is (Something we never really replaced when we lost Leon last year).

Then when you add Holmes in Week 5, it'll hopefully be like adding a new toy into an already well oiled machine.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3647931]bah. we don't know how the Jets or any of those teams will come out of the gate. last season, Houston, New England and Tennessee looked like murderer's row during the offseason and we won all 3 with a rook at QB and HC.

we could do the same thing - win the first 3 - and then get hammered outside the conference. this is why trying to predict strength of schedule is mental masturbation.[/QUOTE

keep the faith.the jets will go unbeaten.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

we could do the same thing - win the first 3 - and then get hammered outside the conference. this is why trying to predict strength of schedule is mental masturbation.[/QUOTE

keep the faith.the jets will go unbeaten.I will be waiting to see the big parade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only advise chowd trolls to GFY, not fine Jet fans like yourself

and that is because 1) they deserve it and 2) it is the only language they understand

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shuler82;3648084]The Ravens have a solid team. It's going to be a tough opener. Flacco is emerging, they've added Boldin, Rice is a top 5 RB, and their defense is still nasty. The Rex vs Balt storyline is going to be entertaining, for sure..and if anyone knows Rex's defense, it's this team.. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens pull this one out.

With Welker apparently way ahead of schedule, it will be interesting to see how well the Jets contain him with their upgraded DBs. Revis owns Moss - if Welker is slowed down, I think the Jets win this game easily.

Miami in Sept is always rough- like others have said, we lucked out getting a night game. If I was laying some cash down, I'd say the game would better resemble the 2nd time these teams met last year - Miami's running game isn't going off against us like it did the first time we met. Marshall will give Revis some fits- I think he's the most physically gifted WR in the game.. but I don't see that Miami defense as being anything more than average. It's game we should win- but you could have said that about both of our match ups last year.[/QUOTE]

Hoping Reed calls it quits, if he does then Baltimores secondary isn't close to what it was in their haydays.
    Although Lewis is still a great linebacker he is 35 freaking years old & there ain't no way he's covering Keller one on one anymore.
    This could be a very tough game for Duccase if he starts Ravens know how to attack an offense with their front 7.

I still don't see anyone in that lineup that could go mano a mano with Edwards though.
    Shottenheimer will be the most important person in that 1st game. He's gonna have to take the training wheels off Sanchez & threaten that defense with downfield passing that forces them off the line of scrimmage.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;3648113]I only advise chowd trolls to GFY, not fine Jet fans like yourself

and that is because 1) they deserve it and 2) it is the only language they understand[/QUOTE]

I was just foolin with ya anyways :yes: