Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Pro Bowlers will the Jets have in '10?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

How many Pro Bowlers will the Jets have in '10?

This is kind of a fun thread and not much more. To me, the Pro Bowl is nothing more than a popularity contest. They'll probably have Alan Faneca there again.:rolleyes:

Anyway, How many Pro Bowlers will the Jets have, their names, etc.

For me, I'm guessing this:

Revis - Automatic, anyone who doesn't have Revis on their list is retarded or just doesn't know the game.

Mangold - Best Center in the league IMO. He'll be a staple at the Pro Bowl for the next 7 or 8 seasons at least.

Kris Jenkins?? - If he stays healthy, he's hands down the best NT in the league. So assuming he stays healthy, he's an automatic.

David Harris - He's definitely right up there with the very best in the league. The problem is there are so many names and very tight competition at LB. My guess is he probably won't make the Pro Bowl unless he can distinguish himself with a Revis type season, not likely.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson - He busted down the door last season and came in as an injury substitution. He's getting a lot of love these days also. I even heard Randy Cross on NFL Radio giving him a lot of props, if you can believe that.

I guess after Revis and Mangold it's really all up for debate. What's your take?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... dirty!!! ... :rockon:

l_j_r

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always like to wait to the end of the season when they announce the selections.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't it a couple of years ago where the Ravens had something like a dozen all pros and DIDN'T make the playoffs? Clearly this has to be an "I'm so bored, I can't stand it. When is is th season finally going to start?" thread :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;3648819]Wasn't it a couple of years ago where the Ravens had something like a dozen all pros and DIDN'T make the playoffs? Clearly this has to be an "I'm so bored, I can't stand it. When is is th season finally going to start?" thread :D[/QUOTE]

I'll take no pro bowlers and a Championship instead.. BTW don't mix the pro bowl with all pro 2 different animals.. I still can't figure why LT didn't make it in 03 with 1645 yds on 313 carries with 13 tds 100 catches for 725 yds and another 4 tds?? :confused:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Darrelle Revis: Hands down, the best overall CB in the game today.

Antonio Cromartie: He's great in man to man Defense and thats what Rex Ryan and the Jets run. With an added pass rush, thanks to the addition of Jason Taylor, I could picture Cromartie with 8+ INT's here in 2010. With Revis shutting down opposing #1 WR's, one thing is for sure, Antonio Cromartie will have plenty of chances to ball hawk.

David Harris: He'll earn his respect around the league here in 2010. All eyes will be on the Jets D here in 2010, everyone knows we're the best D in the league; Harris will open up the eyes of many.

Kris Jenkins: Everyone knows that the 3-4 NT position has always been, hands down, the most important position on the Defensive side of the football when running a 3-4 Defense. If Kris Jenkins can stay healthy, if the Jets can have a top 5 Defense, there is no way Kris Jenkins would miss the Pro Bowl. Comeback player of the year right here.

Shonn Greene: The Jets, just like last season, will rush the rock more than any other team in the league. Ground and Pound with Shonn Greene baby. I look for Shonn Greene to rank top 5 in both rushing yards and average yards per carry as our work horse behind this O-Line.

Tony Richardson: One of the best run blocking FB's to ever play the game. Has been a great lead blocking FB for backs such as Marcus Allen, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson, as well as Thomas Jones. Name me one back, that hasn't had career years rushing behind this beast of a FB. They all have career years behind Richardson. If the Jets have a top 5 rushing attack, which they should, we'll see T-Rich in another pro bowl.

Nick Mangold: One of, if not the best overall Center in the game today.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson: Top 5 Franchise LT for sure. Here in 2010? Just like David Harris; Look for Ferguson to gain his dues around the league.

I'm going with 8 Pro Bowlers, with a chance to go 10 with players such as Jason Taylor and Dustin Keller.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3648823]I'll take no pro bowlers and a Championship instead.. BTW don't mix the pro bowl with all pro 2 different animals.. I still can't figure why LT didn't make it in 03 with 1645 yds on 313 carries with 13 tds 100 catches for 725 yds and another 4 tds?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

There has never been a Championship team with 0 Pro Bowlers.

I want as many pro bowlers as possible and thats because yeah, it's about popularity for the most part, but I'm sorry, you aren't making the pro bowl without a strong season of solid statistics.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3648830]There has never been a Championship team with 0 Pro Bowlers.

I want as many pro bowlers as possible and thats because yeah, it's about popularity for the most part, but I'm sorry, you aren't making the pro bowl without a strong season of [B]solid statistics[/B].[/QUOTE]

Without stats there would be no Slim Stats Shady.. I stand corrected..:dunce: BTW players do make the Pro Bowl without a strong season of solid stats..
    Last edited by Savage69; 07-17-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3648831]Without stats there would be no Slim Stats Shady.. I stand corrected..:dunce: BTW players do make the Pro Bowl without a strong season of solid stats..[/QUOTE]

Without stats, there would be no record books and without the record books; None of us would know who deserves to be in the HOF and who doesn't.

Stats can be misleading @ times. For example: Thomas Jones rushed for the 3rd most yards of any back in the league last season.

Is Thomas Jones the 3rd best back in the league? No.

But he did rush behind the best O-Line in the league. Shonn Greene? Your in a great situation to put up some big time numbers behind a great O-Line, on a team that will rush the rock more than any other team in the league. All signs point to Shonn Greene having a top 5 type of season out of the backfield.

But yeah, like I was saying... Stats can be missleadign at times, but without stats; You have nothing in Sports.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3648831]Without stats there would be no Slim Stats Shady.. I stand corrected..:dunce: BTW players do make the Pro Bowl without a strong season of solid stats..[/QUOTE]

Give me 5 examples out of the WR, RB, QB, TE and LB positions.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Defense Wins Championships 2;3648836]Give me 5 examples out of the WR, RB, QB, TE and LB positions.[/QUOTE]

You should know that players make the Pro Bowl if their team is successful or on past success.. We had a back that made pro bowls avg 3.5 and 3.6 ypc. Faneca shouldn't have made it last year. Favre made it on bad seasons like 03 with 19 tds and 24 picks.. I could go on but I hate to bust your bubble.. Anyone with a grasp of reality has said; How the hell did this player make a pro bowl when (fill in name) had much better stats (See Rhodes) then the guy that made it..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, besides Revis and Mangold. I would say Shonn Greene if he stays healthy all year but it's gonna be hard to jump ahead and get more votes then MJD, Chris Johnson and Ray Rice.

Sanchez makes the pro bowl too. You heard it here first.

.......after about 7 other QB's drop out of it and don't play.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Revis and Mangold are stone-cold locks if healthy.

Harris and Jenkins are both possibilities.

After that, I think Braylon will have a big season, something around 1100 yards/ 10TD's. That's probably not enough to get in the PB though with Andre Johnson, Vincent Jackson, Moss, Wayne, Marshall all in the same conference.

D'Brick's probably not making it with Jake Long, Joe Thomas and Ryan Clady all in the AFC and all better players anyways.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MDL_JET;3648847]Sanchez makes the pro bowl too. You heard it here first.

[/QUOTE]

... you mean 2nd :P;) ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;3648861]... you mean 2nd :P;) ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]

Well played...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;3648823][B]I'll take no pro bowlers and a Championship instead[/B][/QUOTE]

+1!!!!

That's is all that matters!!!!

Faneca was a pro bowler last year. nuff said about this thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pro Bowl is meaningless.

All Pro is a much more meaningful form of recognition.

I think Revis, Mangold, Harris and Ferguson could be All Pro.

I think Greene or Jenkins will both miss time this season which will cost them All Pro status.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    0... superbowl players can't play in the probowl :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the only stat that matters is wins/losses.

[QUOTE=DefenseWinsChampionships2;3648835]Without stats, there would be no record books and without the record books; None of us would know who deserves to be in the HOF and who doesn't.

Stats can be misleading @ times. For example: Thomas Jones rushed for the 3rd most yards of any back in the league last season.

Is Thomas Jones the 3rd best back in the league? No.

But he did rush behind the best O-Line in the league. Shonn Greene? Your in a great situation to put up some big time numbers behind a great O-Line, on a team that will rush the rock more than any other team in the league. All signs point to Shonn Greene having a top 5 type of season out of the backfield.

But yeah, like I was saying... Stats can be missleadign at times, but without stats; You have nothing in Sports.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;3649236]The Pro Bowl is meaningless.

All Pro is a much more meaningful form of recognition.

I think Revis, Mangold, Harris and Ferguson could be All Pro.

I think Greene or Jenkins will both miss time this season which will cost them All Pro status.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the exception of Ferguson.

I don't think Greene would garner 1st team all pro stature even with 16 games.

And Jenkins may actually play the entire season this year. He really doesn't have an extensive injury history. Missed a lot of time in two seasons that I can remember but he's almost a 10 year vet.