Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: How many Rb's should the Jets carry on the 53?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

How many Rb's should the Jets carry on the 53?

Im thinking five.

1 Greene
    2 Tomlinson
    3 McKnight
    4 Woodhead
    5 Chauncey Washington

TWO FB's

1 TRich
    2 Conner

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    me too.. knock down woodhead and washington..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if this team needs 2 fullbacks. If Conner is a blocking machine, I wouldn't be surprised if T-Rich gets cut. It would be unfortunate, but I could definitely envision it happening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BLEED JET GREEN;3649583]me too.. knock down woodhead and washington..[/QUOTE]

What happens if Greene gets injured though? That leaves us with LT and McKnight! The jets might need anothe rRB incase of injury.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3649586]What happens if Greene gets injured though? That leaves us with LT and McKnight! The jets might need anothe rRB incase of injury.[/QUOTE]

Put one of them on the practice squad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    those seven on the 53 with woodhead and washington inactive for about 14 of the 16 weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jeT.MAC;3649573]Im thinking five.

1 Greene
    2 Tomlinson
    3 McKnight
    4 Woodhead
    5 Chauncey Washington

TWO FB's

1 TRich
    2 Conner[/QUOTE]

If CW makes it,then there are serious concerns over the durability of Greene and Tomlinson, and that is not a good thing. If Woodhead makes it,then McKnight has bust written all over him. Woodheads chances are very slim, but he is coming into his second year off a knee injury, the hope is that he shows some explosion. Little Dannys best chance may be as a receiver, I am not sure if the Welker experiment is dead, the Jets need to develop an underneath passing game, Danny could be the Jets version of Edelman ( who was a rookie free agent last year).
    TRich's value comes from his mentoring of Greene, Connor and Sanchez. IMO Tony is important for Sanchez in the huddle, that calming veteran presence.
    If Tony is completely done, IMO you cut him in week six after Holmes comes back from suspension, but Tony is the glue that will keep the offense together until other leaders emerge.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoy rooting for woodhead and hope he does well, but he simply is not worth a spot on this roster and I dont think its even close.

The slot experiment last year was ridiculous, and woodhead is very poor as a specail teams player. Although he is quick, he is not a guy to get the ball 20 times in the event of a disastrous run of injuries at RB.

We keep our top 3, and keep chauncey on the practice squad. We also keep 2 FBs, as conner can play special teams and I think this team needs a guy like TRich for veteran leadership. Conner can take over next year, and can also carry the ball in a pinch this year....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard justin fargas is going to play in the ufl. Why dont we sign this guy? He would be a great insurenace policy if something happened to greene.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetOrange;3649629]If CW makes it,then there are serious concerns over the durability of Greene and Tomlinson, [/QUOTE]

or maybe it just means that Chauncey is showing some talent? I'm not that familiar with the guy, other than reading some stuff around the last draft about this guy, but people were high on him. If he could play special teams, it might very well serve the Jets to hold onto a 3rd RB.. just ask Dedrick Ward..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the jets need to have at least 4 rb's, including the fb, ready each game day so that probably means greene, tomlinson, mcknight or woodhead, and richardson or conner. i don't think washington will figure into the mix unless he shows something in camp.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say drop woodhead...he's a nice story but really with his size he can't do much at all....people have been liking washington lately and he does have some upside...wouldn't be surprised if he does well in camp this year and t rich will not be cut this camp....he's going to mentor conner for this season and when the end of the season rolls around then you'll see t rich get released

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Woodhead was good, I'd say keep him despite his size.

But since he isn't good, I say cut him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woodhead must go.

That is all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way in hell they carry 7 backs on the 53 man roster.

I think Woodhead's a goner, unless they justify him as a WR. The T-Rich - Conner battle in TC will be one to watch.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are crazy thinking Tony Richardson and Conner both won't make the team... Richardson is still a top tier FB why would you ever cut him.... and conner is the eventual replacement... Period, no discussion.... it just is what it is...

Now LT, Greene and Mcknight will make the team with the last spot a toss up between Washington and Woodhead... with the loser going to PS.... everything will come out in training camp....

so 4 + 2 on the roster... and Absolutely 2 FB.... not normal... but very necessary... especially for a second year RB coming off his 2nd injury in a year... we need Tony