Thread: Jets' Rex Ryan: Buzz is we'll play at 'Taj Mahal' Cowboys Stadium

Veteran

Jets' Rex Ryan: Buzz is we'll play at 'Taj Mahal' Cowboys Stadium

Jets' Rex Ryan: Buzz is we'll play at 'Taj Mahal' Cowboys Stadium
    Jul
    7/19/2010 6:08:48 AM | More

The Wall Street Journal by way of the Dallas Morning News reports that Jets coach Rex Ryan is already hinting his team could be Super Bowl worthy for the big game at Cowboys Stadium.

The WSJ writes: In a video promoting the Jets' star turn on the HBO series "Hard Knocks" Mr. Ryan declares, "The buzz is, this is the team to beat." The series will launch July 28, with a 12-minute preview of the reality series that will follow the Jets' training camp. Raving about the New Meadowlands Stadium in the video, Mr. Ryan brought up the Cowboys' new home, which will host this season's Super Bowl, saying, "I haven't seen that Taj Mahal in Dallas yet, but hopefully before this season is over we'll be there."

Comments
    You must register and be logged in to comment

Rex is starting to remind me of Kenneth Lay.

Jets Insider VIP
    1. This is a promo for a TV show designed to create interest.
    2. "The buzz is..." means that others are saying the Jets could be contenders.
    3. Rex said he hopes to play there before the end of the season.

However, some people will translate all this into yet another "Rex Ryan predicting the Jets will go to the Super Bowl" story. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    The media has made rex into a kind of annoying figure. i can see why other fans cant stand him or us. I blame the media for this backlash, not rex.

[QUOTE][B]"I haven't seen that Taj Mahal in Dallas yet, but hopefully before this season is over we'll be there."[/B][/QUOTE]

This is one of the most innocent remarks Rex have ever made.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3649772]The media has made rex into a kind of annoying figure. i can see why other fans cant stand him or us. I blame the media for this backlash, not rex.[/QUOTE]

+1

But the most important thing is that the players and most of us fans get fired up by Rex. We get it. We understand where he's coming from and that he's not just some blustery windbag, there's always action behind his words. That's why his players run through walls for him!

But to the casual fan and certainly fans of opposing teams who 1) don't like the Jets and 2) don't see what Rex does week in and week out, he can seem very annoying.

I fricken love the guy! :yes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3649772]The media has made rex into a kind of annoying figure. [/QUOTE]

Ah, no. Hes just like his Father.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Boo Radley;3649798]Ah, no. Hes just like his Father.[/QUOTE]

Based on what, pray tell? Certainly not the original subject of this thread.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I read the subject quickly and thought that the buzz was that the Meadowlands stadium was going to be called "Taj Mahal Stadium".

I just breathed a sigh of relief.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3649781]+1

But the most important thing is that the players and most of us fans get fired up by Rex. We get it. We understand where he's coming from and that he's not just some blustery windbag, there's always action behind his words. That's why his players run through walls for him!

But to the casual fan and certainly fans of opposing teams who 1) don't like the Jets and 2) don't see what Rex does week in and week out, he can seem very annoying.

I fricken love the guy! :yes:[/QUOTE]

They ran through walls to a 7-7 record before the Colts laid down for them.

Please don't anoint Rex yet.

Why can't we just win something before we start making Rex out to be some sort of Messiah?

[QUOTE=SINYJets;3649776][QUOTE][B]"I haven't seen that Taj Mahal in Dallas yet, but hopefully before this season is over we'll be there."[/B][/QUOTE]This is one of the most innocent remarks Rex have ever made.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I was all ready to come in and start my usual "Less Bluster, More Wins" rhetoric, but if the article is based on THAT comment alone....wow.

:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]They ran through walls to a 7-7 record before the Colts laid down for them.[/QUOTE]

Get out of here with that crap. We won 2 road playoffs games. Dont act like we didnt deserve to be there. Cause then neither did the chargers or Bengels who we spanked.

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;3649831]Get out of here with that crap. We won 2 road playoffs games. Dont act like we didnt deserve to be there. Cause then neither did the chargers or Bengels who we spanked.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but didn't you know, they played well during the regular season :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Roger Vick;3649817]They ran through walls to a 7-7 record before the Colts laid down for them.

Please don't anoint Rex yet.

Why can't we just win something before we start making Rex out to be some sort of Messiah?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, guess the road playoff wins meant nothing too.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=jetstream23;3649781]+1

I fricken love the guy! :yes:[/QUOTE]

+1. Excellent points---agree completely.

Hall Of Fame
    I think he's comfortable enough to predict 2011 and 2012 too.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;3649893]Yeah, guess the road playoff wins meant nothing too.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it cuts both ways