Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets uniform change coming?

Jets uniform change coming?

With the team improving, and moving into a new Stadium, There were some rumors last year that we may be in for a complete change in the uniforms. I hope that it is not going to happen, as we have the best helmet in the NFL.

is this finally a dead issue?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bing in Buffalo;3649790]With the team improving, and moving into a new Stadium, There were some rumors last year that we may be in for a complete change in the uniforms. I hope that it is not going to happen, as we have the best helmet in the NFL.

is this finally a dead issue?[/QUOTE]

Hope so too. While the uniform could always use a little tweaking here or there, I'd hope it stays at least 95% the way it is right now. Agreed on the helmet, a modern version of our classic original circa Super Bowl III! :yes:

Never underestimate the desire of a businessman to make money.

And changing the Uni's would make alot of money.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the "stick with the current Uni's" folks.

My only desire is to see the 80's Uni's replace the Titans garb as our "throwback" option. That would be both money-making and (IMO) epic.

All League
    [QUOTE=Warfish;3649796]My only desire is to see the 80's Uni's replace the Titans garb as our "throwback" option. That would be both money-making and (IMO) epic.[/QUOTE]Agree. I love the 78-97 uniforms. If I could find a retailer selling custom authentics from that era, I'd be beyond thrilled.

Jets Insider VIP
    the Parcells redo of the original Jets uni should remain untouched forever. It is a classic that doesn't need any tweaking, retouching, anything IMO

[QUOTE=Warfish;3649796]Never underestimate the desire of a businessman to make money.

My only desire is to see the 80's Uni's replace the Titans garb as our "throwback" option. That would be both money-making and (IMO) epic.[/QUOTE]

Warfish takes the hammer and hits the nail squarely on the head.

[B]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad:[/B]

[QUOTE=sg3;3649804]the Parcells redo of the original Jets uni should remain untouched forever. It is a classic that doesn't need any tweaking, retouching, anything IMO[/QUOTE]

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: The only reason I ever liked Tuna

1. Grey Facemasks
    2. Loose the green pants.

[QUOTE=sg3;3649804]the Parcells redo of the original Jets uni should remain untouched forever. It is a classic that doesn't need any tweaking, retouching, anything IMO[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I personally dislike the "re do " uni's of the 80's, 90's.

I would be OK with them as our throw backs and dump the TITAN jerseys.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bing in Buffalo;3649790]With the team improving, and moving into a new Stadium, There were some rumors last year that we may be in for a complete change in the uniforms. I hope that it is not going to happen, as we have the best helmet in the NFL.

is this finally a dead issue?[/QUOTE]

My main question is: where did these rumors come from?

Were they just fans on message boards talking about it?

Honestly, I don't remember a media or rumor site talking about a change in uniform.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ozu;3649800]Agree. I love the 78-97 uniforms. If I could find a retailer selling custom authentics from that era, I'd be beyond thrilled.[/QUOTE]

I really can't understand why fans would want to see the 78-97 uniforms.

Without question, 78-97 was the worse era in franchise history.

[QUOTE=Sec332;3649834]1. Grey Facemasks
    2. Loose the green pants.[/QUOTE]

:D :D :D :D :D

Can I give you $1,000,000.00??? Please!

[QUOTE=SMC;3649839]I really can't understand why fans would want to see the 78-97 uniforms.

Without question, 78-97 was the worse era in franchise history.[/QUOTE]

You are wise. They were truly our "Dark Ages" :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Warfish;3649796]Never underestimate the desire of a businessman to make money.

My only desire is to see the 80's Uni's replace the Titans garb as our "throwback" option. That would be both money-making and (IMO) epic.[/QUOTE]

Nice Grouper in your sig Fish..:yes:

All League
    I wouldnt mind seeing an old school thing with the helmets

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Schroy48;3649841]You are wise. They were truly our "Dark Ages" :([/QUOTE]

Seriously. In that 20 season span the Jets had a winning record only 6 times.

Why in God's name would anyone want to reminisce about that?

All League
    [QUOTE=SMC;3649839]I really can't understand why fans would want to see the 78-97 uniforms.

Without question, 78-97 was the worse era in franchise history.[/QUOTE]Nostalgia. It's when I started following the team. All of the first jerseys I owned as a kid were from that era and it didn't matter if the team was awful or not.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ozu;3649850]Nostalgia. It's when I started following the team. All of the first jerseys I owned as a kid were from that era and it didn't matter if the team was awful or not.[/QUOTE]

I get it. But it's still like having nostalgia about being in a prison camp.

[QUOTE=SMC;3649855]I get it. But it's still like having nostalgia about being in a prison camp.[/QUOTE]

:D