Thread: What the F was with the umpiring in Sun. Mets game!?!

What the F was with the umpiring in Sun. Mets game!?!

The ball is tapped into play, the runner sprints to first and is thrown out. The home plate ump, pitcher, catcher, hitter, and first baseman (all 5) all see the ball in play. The replay shows the ball wasnt even close to being touched by the hitters feet - not close. And, the 3rd base ump sees something different and over rules the home plate ump??? Since when can a lesser ump over rule a home plate ump when NOTHING was even in question?????

The home plate ump arguing with the Mets dugout WHILE behind the plate? (and nobody is ejected)

This game was perhaps the worst umpiring I've ever seen in my life. It should be reviewed by MLB. 2 of those umps should just be fired.

All Pro
    All that and no mention of the 100% blown call at home plate that cost SF the game?

Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 07-19-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    The ball is tapped into play, the runner sprints to first and is thrown out. The home plate ump, pitcher, catcher, hitter, and first baseman (all 5) all see the ball in play. The replay shows the ball wasnt even close to being touched by the hitters feet - not close. And, the 3rd base ump sees something different and over rules the home plate ump??? Since when can a lesser ump over rule a home plate ump when NOTHING was even in question?????

The home plate ump arguing with the Mets dugout WHILE behind the plate? (and nobody is ejected)

This game was perhaps the worst umpiring I've ever seen in my life. It should be reviewed by MLB. 2 of those umps should just be fired.
    Terrible, I just saw the replay.

Francesser is yelling that they should be suspended. lmao

Hall Of Fame
    Baseball umps = 2nd worst officials in all of sports after NFL refs.

All Pro
    Can anyone post a link to the video of the blown call and the other blown calls by Phil Cuzzi in yesterdays game?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The non-call on the strike was pretty blatant. But, it was still only a ball/strike call. The fact that he didn't throw Blanco, Manuel, and, to a lesser extent K-Rod, out of the game, is bizarre. Its almost like he admitted he blew the call. I have no idea what those arm movements were. if he was that angry and was going to make those jerking motions, ya gotta think someone was thrown out. Not the case apparently.

And then the call at home plate seemed like a make up call to the Mets, as the guy was clearly safe. And then, in response to the blown call at home plate, the 3rd base Ump felt the need to interject himself into the game and give the Giants a make up call of their own.

Totally bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The non-call on the strike was pretty blatant. But, it was still only a ball/strike call. The fact that he didn't throw Blanco, Manuel, and, to a lesser extent K-Rod, out of the game, is bizarre. Its almost like he admitted he blew the call. I have no idea what those arm movements were. if he was that angry and was going to make those jerking motions, ya gotta think someone was thrown out. Not the case apparently.

And then the call at home plate seemed like a make up call to the Mets, as the guy was clearly safe. And then, in response to the blown call at home plate, the 3rd base Ump felt the need to interject himself into the game and give the Giants a make up call of their own.

Totally bizarre.
    Congratulations on 10K.

Borgo and I know what it feels like not to have your balls tickled over it

..only real teams get real umps...lol...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ..only real teams get real umps...lol...
    ha?

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    All that and no mention of the 100% blown call at home plate that cost SF the game?

+1

3rd base ump was probably trying to give the Giants a chance to win it off the blown call by the home plate ump..

The umpiring continues to be atrocious this year...