Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Brad Smith ~ ~ ~

Link : Brad Smith #3 QB ?
    July 19th, 2010 - by Stein

> [url]http://www.thejetsblog.com/2010/07/19/link-brad-smith-3-qb/[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    While this may save a roster spot, it'll mean one less guy being available on game day - the emergency QB spot. There's no sense listing Smith as the #3, as at least one comment points out in the liked article, if he plays QB you then cannot switch back to your starter later in the game. So all this would achieve is allowing us to carry a non-QB on the roster who would not even dress on game days.

Doesn't seem to be any benefit to me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JamesR;3650073]While this may save a roster spot, it'll mean one less guy being available on game day - the emergency QB spot. There's no sense listing Smith as the #3, as at least one comment points out in the liked article, if he plays QB you then cannot switch back to your starter later in the game. So all this would achieve is allowing us to carry a non-QB on the roster who would not even dress on game days.

Doesn't seem to be any benefit to me.[/QUOTE]

This certainly complicates things in terms of accomodating flexibility, which is what BSmith essentially offers. So he'll have to be listed at no 2 qb if we intend to use him in this manner, rather than # 3 which is where Brunnell or anyone else would fall if were to employ this tactic. Or would we just keep gadget Smith at WR/ST and inject him in our seminole package at appropriate times in the game

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i hope brad's # is called more this season . . ;)