Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez to miss Jones per NY Post

Jets Insider VIP

Sanchez to miss Jones per NY Post

Mark Sanchez will have to find a new veteran to lean on in his second season in the NFL.

A lot has been made of the Jets cutting ties with high-character guys like Alan Faneca and Thomas Jones. Sanchez said he will miss Jones and his veteran leadership that helped the quarterback get through his rookie season.

“It was bittersweet seeing him leave,” Sanchez said in an interview with Fox Sports Radio.

“It was hard, man. I became really close to him in the locker room. After good games, after tough games; he always told me what to expect each week. During the playoffs, he would describe every feeling I would have before the game, during the game, after the game whether we win or lose. He was right on. He has so much experience in this league and so gracious with his time — to mentor me, tutor me.”

And Jones was pretty good on the field, too — rushing for a career-high 1,402 yards last season. But the Jets decided to release Jones, who signed with the Chiefs, and bring in LaDainian Tomlinson to join Shonn Greene in the backfield.

“I think he has one more season left, at least, maybe more,” Sanchez said of the 31-year-old Jones. “Now we got LT and he has similar experience — another guy that wants to help and be a part of the team, lend his knowledge to a young quarterback like me. He is a different kind of back for our offense and now Shonn Greene is going to have to handle more of the load that Thomas had ... it’s going to be tough not having him.”

The loss of Jones has not stopped head coach Rex Ryan from touting his Jets as the Super Bowl favorites after the team was bounced by the Colts in the AFC Championship game last season.

“That sounds like Rex,” Sanchez said. “I believe he said it for sure. That’s good. He tells us in all of our meetings that he’s not afraid to talk about the Super Bowl and say how much he wants to be there and how we deserve to be there when we put in the right amount of work and win enough games. That’s just Rex being Rex and we love it.”

Read more: [url]http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_sanchez_will_miss_jones_on_9l16hPzKqeWgul42maAJdO?CMP=OTC-rss&FEEDNAME=#ixzz0uAb4z2TY[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    SHOCKING POST EXCLUSIVE

Mark Sanchez says exactly what he should say about a former teammate.

[IMG]http://www.drtedikoehn.com/images/panicButton.jpg[/IMG]

Thomas Jones was apparently a good leader.

but i will never miss way he would take a handoff and turn backwards and try to to push through tacklers backwards - he looks like he was doing a badly-executed high-jump without leaving the ground.

bye bye TJ. go compile your stats for another team. we want to actually win something.

[QUOTE=sg3;3650151]SHOCKING POST EXCLUSIVE

Mark Sanchez says exactly what he should say about a former teammate.[/QUOTE]

+1

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;3650149]
    “It was [B][I]bittersweet[/I][/B] seeing him leave,” Sanchez said in an interview with Fox Sports Radio.

[/QUOTE]

Bitter, because no one wants to see a teammate leave. Sweet, because, well, let's face it, he was Thomas 'two yards' Jones, and late in the season teams did not even need to account for him.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=sg3;3650151]SHOCKING POST EXCLUSIVE

Mark Sanchez says exactly what he should say about a former teammate.[/QUOTE]

+1. Jones had a pretty solid jets career but if I were a GM, I'd make the same move.

Bewildered Beast
    Well, at least they left out the part about Mark wishing he could have Jones' love child.

sanchez also said he thought tj had one more season. i mean, just when is it time to cut players? seems to me jones was a good jet and this is how it goes.

Banned
    Who's miss Jones?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=gdfodder;3650326]Who's miss Jones?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfr6jmJOGA8&feature=related[/url]
    Last edited by Hitman Harris; 07-20-2010 at 12:35 AM.

[QUOTE=Lazy Bum;3650173]Thomas Jones was apparently a good leader.

but i will never miss way he would take a handoff and turn backwards and try to to push through tacklers backwards - he looks like he was doing a badly-executed high-jump without leaving the ground.

bye bye TJ. go compile your stats for another team. we want to actually win something.[/QUOTE]

as good of a guy and leader TJ was, he was an absolute hinderance on the field, and that was when the offensive line was opening him holes that i could run through. i hope and pray TJ plays all 16 games as a starter, i really want to see how his #'s are going to look, now that hes playing on a crap team with no weapons and a bad offensive line. my guess is it's going to take him upwards of 350 to reach 1000 yards.

my prediction is that, if healthy his statline will be about 275 carries for 835 yards and 2 TD's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ground and pound;3650337]

[b]my prediction[/b] is that, if healthy his statline will be about 275 carries for 835 yards and 2 TD's.[/QUOTE]You bombed last time. Give me the cold exact in any race for the next card at Toga harness. The thoroughbreds are coming. Last chance.

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3650343]You bombed last time. Give me the cold exact in any race for the next card at Toga harness. The thoroughbreds are coming. Last chance.[/QUOTE]

hah? what did i bomb last time?

here's an exacta for ya on Wednesday. the card is pretty atrocious, but in the 11th race i'd go 4/5 and save with 4/3 for an exacta bet!
    Last edited by ground and pound; 07-20-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... mark says exactly what he should ...

:clapper:

l_j_r

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3650343]You bombed last time. Give me the cold exact in any race for the next card at Toga harness. The thoroughbreds are coming. Last chance.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ground and pound;3650348]hah? what did i bomb last time?

here's an exacta for ya on Wednesday. the card is pretty atrocious, but in the 11th race i'd go 4/5 and save with 4/3 for an exacta bet![/QUOTE]

:confused:

I have absolutely NO idea what language this is, but I'm going to go with Horse.

Banned
    While Thomas Jones is riding pine and averaging sub-4.0 ypc in KC you're going to be having all these jackass writers talking all-season long about how much this offense misses him. Phucking bs.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;3650926]:confused:

I have absolutely NO idea what language this is, but I'm going to go with Horse.[/QUOTE]

yes! horse wagering language, lol. jumbalaya apparently wants me to give him an exacta, so that was the best i could come up with for Saratoga on Wednesday, which turns out to be a pretty bad, formless card.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=ground and pound;3651009]yes! horse wagering language, lol. jumbalaya apparently wants me to give him an exacta, so that was the best i could come up with for Saratoga on Wednesday, [b]which turns out to be a pretty bad, formless card.[/b][/QUOTE]At the harness track? How is this possible? You're 0-1, so better hope 4/3-5 comes in.

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;3651121]At the harness track? How is this possible? You're 0-1, so better hope 4/3-5 comes in.[/QUOTE]

lol, it's possible jumba! since it's the summer, they're adding more racing cards, which means that there is need for more cheaper races in order to fill the cards. Wednesday's card isn't particularly enticing, but Thursday and Friday are definitely much better.