Thread: Manchester City....

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Manchester City....

Anyone going to see MC play Friday night? My buddy has Bulls seats so we are all going to that, something to do...

Am most likely going to the doubleheader Sunday. Tottenham vs. Lisbon followed by Red Bulls vs. Man City.

Man City is a fun team to watch, you should have a good time. Tevez is a beast, Shaun Wright-Phillips is one of the fastest soccer players in the world. Not sure how many of their starters are playing though.

More I think about it, Man City have a lot in common w/ NYJ. Both teams are traditionally the "less popular" team in their market. Decades and decades of losing, in the worst ways. However the ownership direction of each within the last few years has taken a huge upswing. Man City is becoming full of high priced transfer talent. They are becoming the "it" Manchester team now, especially with Man U. seemingly aging and losing direction under their disciplinarian coach.

Man City just missed their goal of finishing fourth in EPL and qualifying for the Champions League in their last game of the season. This next season they're gunning for the top.

Problem is, their manager is named Mangini, with a c instead of a g. Well, there goes that.

I'm a fan of Tottenham, so my Father-In-Law got us tickets for the Tottenham Vs. Red Bulls match on Thursday. This was a while ago, didn't know it would also be Henry's first game with the Red Bulls as well.

I'm pretty psyched about it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Am most likely going to the doubleheader Sunday. Tottenham vs. Lisbon followed by Red Bulls vs. Man City.

Man City is a fun team to watch, you should have a good time. Tevez is a beast, Shaun Wright-Phillips is one of the fastest soccer players in the world. Not sure how many of their starters are playing though.
    I doubt Tevez makes the trip. Youll probably see Adebayor though

Veteran
    More I think about it, Man City have a lot in common w/ NYJ. Both teams are traditionally the "less popular" team in their market. Decades and decades of losing, in the worst ways. However the ownership direction of each within the last few years has taken a huge upswing. Man City is becoming full of high priced transfer talent. They are becoming the "it" Manchester team now, especially with Man U. seemingly aging and losing direction under their disciplinarian coach.

Man City just missed their goal of finishing fourth in EPL and qualifying for the Champions League in their last game of the season. This next season they're gunning for the top.

Problem is, their manager is named Mangini, with a c instead of a g. Well, there goes that.
    LOL

But as far as I know City has always been more popular then United in the Manchester area despite the latter's success.

Speaking of City, anyone remember Dennis Tueart and his stint with the Cosmos?

Ha, that's pretty weird to think about it that way.....Man City has been my "team" for the Premier League for the few years I have casually followed European soccer

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Great facility, I highly recommend you catch a match if you can.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by benjamin6418 View Post
    Manchester is a city and metropolitan borough of Greater Manchester, England. In 2009, the population of the city was estimated to be 483,800,

Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Whoa
    You know what's really crazy, Carlos Tevez wrote this article.

Quote Originally Posted by benot6418 View Post
    Manchester City Football Club is an English Premier League football club who play at the City of Manchester Stadium. Founded in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton).