Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beltran/Castillo returns poison Mets team chemistry

Beltran/Castillo returns poison Mets team chemistry

Just look at the difference in the Mets demeanor since these guys came back recently. It's like the whole team is deflated.

Couldn't agree more.

All League
    Could not Disagree more. Poor excuse. Mets have been poor all year on the road and the west coast is always the toughest trip. Why pick on those two? Except Pagan, the whole team stunk it up last night. Beltran was on base more than the everyone else except Pagan. Castillo has been equally as bad as everyone else. I doubt anyone that is objective would say that Francouer or Cora would have saved the Day

All Pro
    They suck on the road and everyone not named Pagan isnt hitting. Beltran isnt posioning the team. Hes going to end up the most under appreciated Met ever.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    The "team chemistry" idea and baseball don't mix. In baseball you need to hit the pitch thrown by the opposing pitcher to be successful. In football you need the guard on your team to block the opposing tackle to be successful.

Also, do you guys (Schroy48 and NYjets105) hang out with the Mets to know who is poisonous and who is not?

Seems to me some Mets (and Jets fans, too) fans canít wait for the team to struggle.

How about Bay being a disaster, Pelfrey back into mental midget mode and the league figuring out Takihasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The "team chemistry" idea and baseball don't mix. In baseball you need to hit the pitch thrown by the opposing pitcher to be successful. In football you need the guard on your team to block the opposing tackle to be successful.

Also, do you guys (Schroy48 and NYjets105) hang out with the Mets to know who is poisonous and who is not?

Seems to me some Mets (and Jets fans, too) fans canít wait for the team to struggle.
    Castillo is just a horrible vibe. I don't know how anybody can refute that.

2007: Mets trade for him and go on to collapse
    2008: Mets start slow, Castillo goes on the DL in July and the Mets go on an incredible hot streak; comes back and we all know the ending
    2009: Nuff said
    2010: Castillo goes on DL June 1, Mets have 18-8 month.

Most of the Mets team is WEAK minded... As in not tough.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    Just look at the difference in the Mets demeanor since these guys came back recently. It's like the whole team is deflated.
    Just saw this thread now..I was at the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    ...Beltran's back, Mets take the NL East- take that to the bank.

Wow.

Yeah, because getting good players like Beltran back is a bad thing now. Go figure.

It's called a slump. It sucks, but it happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    lol.

Prior to Beltran and Castillo coming back this team was basically 500 for 3 weeks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    lol.

Prior to Beltran and Castillo coming back this team was basically 500 for 3 weeks.
    And lost 4 of 6 prior to the break. Only won two Santana gems

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jkjet View Post
    Nonsense. They might not be good but why are they "weak minded"?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I know Met fans are not interested in a Yankee fans opinion, but for whatever its worth IMO the Mets main problem other than pitching is not Beltran, Reyes or any of the other convenient scapegoat ... its Jason Bay who has been a complete and utter bust.

I'm shocked he has been this bad ... shocked ... because he got some huge hits verses the Yankees with the Red Sox and his numbers in Boston were very good, as they were in Pittsburgh.

I actually drafted Bay in both of my fantasy leagues, pretty high too, and have long since cut bait.

If I were a Mets fan he would be my Vernon Gholston, just looking at him do absolutely nothing would make me sick.

After the Yankee game last nite I tuned in to Mets/Zona and watched him take the golden sumbrero
    Bingo. I have given up on him for this year and can only hope that its gonna end up like Carlos Beltran, who struggled badly his first Met year, but then turned it around.

Quote Originally Posted by jkjet View Post
    They seriously havent had any leadership on this team since 1988

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Schroy48 View Post
    They seriously havent had any leadership on this team since 1988
    Leadership in baseball is vastly overrated. If Jason Bay was hitting like he did last year the Mets would be in a much better position and no one would say they were weak mentally.

I know Met fans are not interested in a Yankee fans opinion, but for whatever its worth IMO the Mets main problem other than pitching is not Beltran, Reyes or any of the other convenient scapegoat ... its Jason Bay who has been a complete and utter bust.

I'm shocked he has been this bad ... shocked ... because he got some huge hits verses the Yankees with the Red Sox and his numbers in Boston were very good, as they were in Pittsburgh.

I actually drafted Bay in both of my fantasy leagues, pretty high too, and have long since cut bait.

If I were a Mets fan he would be my Vernon Gholston, just looking at him do absolutely nothing would make me sick.

After the Yankee game last nite I tuned in to Mets/Zona and watched him take the golden sumbrero

Bay has sucked, but imo, all discussion starts with Dumb & Dumber: Slowmar and Manuel (and a nod to Fred Coupon).

All League
    I know Met fans are not interested in a Yankee fans opinion, but for whatever its worth IMO the Mets main problem other than pitching is not Beltran, Reyes or any of the other convenient scapegoats ... its Jason Bay who has been a complete and utter bust.

The Mets have the 7th best ERA in MLB. Pitching has not been the issue.

baseball-reference.com

Bay has stunk it up this year but I do not think he should be considered the only goat. During our current slump the entire team is not hitting and they are striking out way to much. They need to work the count and get on base.

having said all of that there is still plenty of time left to turn this dump-truck around.

Lets Go Mets!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    Bay has sucked, but imo, all discussion starts with Dumb & Dumber: Slowmar and Manuel (and a nod to Fred Coupon).
    Yeah, none of those guys has hit all season

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRAGE View Post
    I know you guys hated Willie Randolph, but Willie was 302-253 (.544, division crown & NL Champ series) with the Mets and Manuel has been 174-177 (.495 with no playoffs) with the team, but Manuel seems to have a longer leash.

It reminds me of the Nets and Byron Scott v. Lawrence Frank. The team fired a successful manager and replaced him with someone who had less success than his predecessor but was given a slide for some reason.