Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thierry Henry

All Pro

Thierry Henry

Making his MLS debut for NYRB tonight and scored 26th minute due to some poor defense by Spurs specifically Hutton

The thread is to point out how funny it is to watch him. The rest of the team is in shock at what the dude is doing and theyre miles behind the moves hes making. Once they get on the same page, he is going to destory this ****ty league.

BTW this Tim Ream is an excellent young CB. I hope the USMNT give him a look for the Gold Cup because he could be valuable come 2014.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 07-23-2010 at 01:54 AM.

Ream had some nice stand-out moments, I agree. That long ball that went into Keane I believe towards the end of the first half where Ream won it in isolation cleanly was just perfect defending.

I don't know if its a given that the rest of this Red Bulls team WILL ever get on the same page. He was leaps and bounds above everyone, including most of the Tottenham midfielders and defenders.

Bay Ridge Jet do you have any idea why Henry and Modric exchanged jerseys at the half, and then Modric came out and played again in the second half? Would understand if they were both coming off...

I was at the game last night. They claimed 20K+, but it looked more like 16K-18K to me. Though, I'm not quite sure what the stadium holds.

Overall, good atmosphere for the game. The first goal by Henry was nice, and I thought that the Red Bulls created chances without him in the 2nd half. Henry was clearly better than everyone else on the field, but that's just how it will go for him.

I'm going to try and go to more Red Bulls games this year, though the PATH leaving the game is a disaster. The station only has one entrance, and it had to be 5000+ people trying to pack themselves into it. It was actually faster to take the PATH to Newark and then swing around on NJ Transit.

Did anyone else go? Is anyone going to the double header on Sunday?

Striker Thierry Henry working on getting up to speed for Red Bulls in time for start of MLS season,Thierry Henry has used his prominence in the sports world to champion the fight against racism in football. Following a 2004 incident when the Spanish

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ddexxters75 View Post
    Striker Thierry Henry working on getting up to speed for Red Bulls in time for start of MLS season,Thierry Henry has used his prominence in the sports world to champion the fight against racism in football. Following a 2004 incident when the Spanish

At least finish your sentences.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    Mr Robot,

At least finish your sentences.
    I thought this was the sort of thing Paulie was going to stop when he became a Mod. No?

He's prolly in the mod's lounge living la dolce vita while the masses suffer in the soccer forum...

Quote Originally Posted by The Turk View Post
    I thought this was the sort of thing Paulie was going to stop when he became a Mod. No?

He's prolly in the mod's lounge living la dolce vita while the masses suffer in the soccer forum...
    I heard they have a Real Doll version of Megan Fox in there. And she's even wearing a Jet green tank top.

Jets Insider VIP

Campaign promises he can't keep.

Typical Paulitician.

I'm a junior mod, my powers only extend to the politics forum. I don't even have access to the mod lounge.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliec View Post
    I'm a junior mod, my powers only extend to the politics forum. I don't even have access to the mod lounge.
    That blows.

So if you want to ban a dude you have to bait him into going into the Politics Forum?

lol, what a ****ing dork.

you're basically a pledge. do you have to clean out Jetswin's room and pick up Ches's dry cleaining, too??

Henry is going to absolutely tear it up here and it's going to be fun to watch. Angel has been able to net 8 or 9 goals so far this season with that midfield feeding him the ball and he's not on Henry's level.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Campaign promises he can't keep.

Typical Paulitician.

That blows.

So if you want to ban a dude you have to bait him into going into the Politics Forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    lol, what a ****ing dork.

you're basically a pledge. do you have to clean out Jetswin's room and pick up Ches's dry cleaining, too??
    lmao...Funny in the Soccer forum.

Red Bulls also just signed Rafael Marquez...

http://worldsoccerreader.com/2010/08...afael-marquez/

Rafa is another guy playing at an extremely high level.

And to all of those who are blasting the MLS guys around Henry should actually watch the league. 5-10 years ago it was a joke but it is far better now compared to then.

That has been shown time and time again with just about every European club coming over and struggling significantly. The likes of Philly beating Celtic, Man U losing to KC. Not just losing, but getting completely outplayed all game long. Redbulls were beating up on the Spurs until they put their backups in and certainly beat Man City as well.

And I don't want to hear about backups because those backups get paid significantly more than any MLS team.

Guys like Rafa and Henry are coming here now, as well as the likes of Nery Castillo who is 26 and looking to show just how good he is.

And Th

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Rafa is another guy playing at an extremely high level.

And to all of those who are blasting the MLS guys around Henry should actually watch the league. 5-10 years ago it was a joke but it is far better now compared to then.

That has been shown time and time again with just about every European club coming over and struggling significantly. The likes of Philly beating Celtic, Man U losing to KC. Not just losing, but getting completely outplayed all game long. Redbulls were beating up on the Spurs until they put their backups in and certainly beat Man City as well.

And I don't want to hear about backups because those backups get paid significantly more than any MLS team.

Guys like Rafa and Henry are coming here now, as well as the likes of Nery Castillo who is 26 and looking to show just how good he is.

And Th
    I'd say that the MLS is now up to the level of a lower tier European league or 3rd level British league, something of that nature. Which, considering the league only started 15 years ago and is the 5th or 6th most popular league in the US, really isn't bad at all. The value of MLS to help develop your American players is good (guys like Bradley, Donovan, and Altidore all started in the MLS and got the game action they needed). And most importantly, the value of the MLS as a league is growing.

30 year old parents will start to take kids to sporting events in the next few years. This is the first generation of parents who were actually young teens and high schoolers during the 1994 world cup and when the MLS started. I think over the next 10-15 years you are going to see a real growth of popularity in soccer. All those kids who played soccer as kids in the 80s and early 90s (like me) will start to have kids and won't think twice about taking their kids to a soccer game.

Again, this is anecdotal, but I don't even remember wanting to go to any soccer game when I was younger (I was 15 during the 1994 World Cup). When I recently talked to my father he still essentially considered soccer a fad that would never really take off in the US. I think far more people in my generation don't consider that to be the case (though, obviously, there are a lot of people who do).

I got off subject here... what was the point? Oh yeah, I am hungry, what's for breakfast?

Henry leaving tonight's match at the half with a groin injury. Not sure of the severity.

All League

Thierry Henry

We could have won today we had so many chances on goal

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood255 View Post
    Thierry Henry is a soccer star from France, playing for FC Barcelona.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by benot6418 View Post
    Henry was born in Les Ulis, Essonne(a suburb of Paris) where he played for an array of local sides as a youngster and showed great promise as a goal-scorer. He was spotted by AS Monaco in 1990 and signed instantly, making his professional debut in 1994