Thread: Pettitte plays catch, says groin feels better

Pettitte plays catch, says groin feels better

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5406680

I agree with Girardi that Pettitte needs to be patient, its much much more important that we have him for the stretch run in late August/September than strong for the playoffs.
    I like the patience, because rushing back and reinjuring yourself does not help the team win a championship.

hopefully this gives cashman the peace of mind not to trade away our blue chip prospects

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5406680

I agree with Girardi that Pettitte needs to be patient, its much much more important that we have him for the stretch run in late August/September than strong for the playoffs.
    I like the patience, because rushing back and reinjuring yourself does not help the team win a championship.
    Could not agree more. Take it slow and be ready for the long haul.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    "...Pettitte plays catch, says groin feels better..."

Does Pettitte catch with his groin?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    All I know is I don't want to see Mitre or Gaudin start another game for this team

I'm tired of Cashman thinking he out-smarted people with these two sub-par pitchers

They were both cut loose for a reason ... they stink!

If we make the deal for Haren, fine, then its settled

If not, I want Nova up here and taking Andy's next start

PERIOD
    I don't mind if they wanted to bring up Nova, but the guy hasn't been that impressive in the minors. Mitre was looking good this season then got injured and was placed on the DL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    I don't mind if they wanted to bring up Nova, but the guy hasn't been that impressive in the minors. Mitre was looking good this season then got injured and was placed on the DL.
    Cant really judge a top prospect on his performance down in the minors. For example... David Price. He was sent back down to the minors in 2008 to work on fast ball control... All he did, for the most part, was throw fast balls.

A pitcher like Nova could be working on some things here and there, not really trying to pitch the perfect game.