Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Thread of the 2010 Tampa Bay Rays

Banned

The Official Thread of the 2010 Tampa Bay Rays

As of right now the Rays have the 2nd best record in all of baseball; 58-38, win % of .604 - 3 games behind the New York Yankees.

The Yankees have the best overall record in Baseball with a record of 61-35, win % of .635

The Rays are leading the wild card by 3 1/2 games over the Red Sox, 7 games above the Twins and 7 1/2 games above the Tigers.

As of right now... David Price is in the runnings for the AL Cy Young award with a record of 13-5 after 19 starts, ERA of 2.90, whip of 1.23; Opposing hitters are only hitting .223 against Price this season. 108 K's/51 Walks.

Crawford and Longoria have both been something else for the Rays this season.

Carlos Pena may have a horrid batting average as of right now, but he's starting to heat up here in the 2nd half. 21 HR's on the year (Ranks 5th out of the AL), 14th in RBI's with 61

Looking foward to an exciting 2nd half of Baseball with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox all fighting for playoff spots. Rays looking to win the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Looking foward to an exciting 2nd half of Baseball with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox all fighting for playoff spots. Rays looking to win the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.
    Can we expect your attendence here to be dictated by Rays losses, as in times past, or will you somehow grow up?

Your credibility as a poster is 0.

Hall Of Fame
    DWC do you expect Crawford to be in a Yankee uniform next season?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    DWC do you expect Crawford to be in a Yankee uniform next season?
    No way. Crawford loves it here in Tampa Bay. Upton and Crawford are the only Rays still on the team from the Devil Ray days. Crawford has helped this Franchise go from one of the worst teams in all of Sports, to one of the best teams in all of Baseball. With the young talent we have locked up as well as in the Farms... There is no way that Crawford will leave all of our future success for the Yankees. There has been reasons on why CC has signed extensions in the past.

The Rays will allow Carlos Pena and Soriano to walk inorder to sign Crawford long term. We have the money to pay CC. Our owner has made it known that he may cut down on payroll this offseason, but when it comes to Crawford... He'll write the check.

No way. Crawford loves it here in Tampa Bay. Upton and Crawford are the only Rays still on the team from the Devil Ray days. Crawford has helped this Franchise go from one of the worst teams in all of Sports, to one of the best teams in all of Baseball. With the young talent we have locked up as well as in the Farms... There is no way that Crawford will leave all of our future success for the Yankees. There has been reasons on why CC has signed extensions in the past.

The Rays will allow Carlos Pena and Soriano to walk inorder to sign Crawford long term. We have the money to pay CC. Our owner has made it known that he may cut down on payroll this offseason, but when it comes to Crawford... He'll write the check.
    Don't get your hopes up, I mean your team has the 2nd best record in baseball yet is one of the worst attendances in baseball. The team just isn't making money, actually you should be thanking the Yankees for giving your team money in revenue sharing and also when the Yankees play there filling up the stadium.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Can we expect your attendence here to be dictated by Rays losses, as in times past, or will you somehow grow up?

Your credibility as a poster is 0.

Banned
    Well, if the Rays do lose Crawford... It is what it is. As a fan, I've been blessed to of had the chance to see Crawford as an explosive young talent and over the past couple of seasons he's been in his prime years. He's built on speed and amazing Defense out in LF; I cant see Crawford playing like this after 32-33. He'll slow down at some point. With all that said, He's turning 29 in August and I'd still love to see Crawford as a Ray for at least another 4-5 years.

If we lose CC... We have a clone of Crawford waiting in the wings with Desmond Jennings. Cant wait to see DJ leading off and playing CF for the Rays. Move Upton out to RF to take advantage of his A+ arm.

sick, I love these threads. I don't even bother watching the games. I just read DWC's analysis and think about how much better the Rays are than every other team. They must be AT LEAST 22.5-37 games up by now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    sick, I love these threads. I don't even bother watching the games. I just read DWC's analysis and think about how much better the Rays are than every other team. They must be AT LEAST 22.5-37 games up by now.
    The Rays and Yankees are hands down, the best two teams in all of Baseball and it's been like that since just about day one. The Rays only trail the Yankees by 3 games and it's only July. The Rays are looking to win the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

The Rays of this season, are actually ahead of the Yankees pace of last season. So lets not act like the Rays have no chance to win the World Series.

On a side note: Our rookie, Wade Davis, is going for his 4th win during the month of July today. 3-0 so far.

Banned
    Brignac comes through with a 3 run jack with two outs during the 2nd inning.

3-1 Rays. Indians with a threat. Runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs.

Come on Davis.

How many games in a row did Tampa Bay lose in Cleveland before last night???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJet29 View Post
    How many games in a row did Tampa Bay lose in Cleveland before last night???
    I believe the magic number was 18. I thought the Rays would never find a way to get a W in Cleveland... It's been tough to watch.

Those days look to be numbered though; Looking to be on the verge of winning two in a row. 4-2 here in the top of the 8th.

On a side note: I post about my Rays no matter what.
    Hahahahhahahahahhha.

Banned
    4-2 W for the Rays. Took two of three from the Indians in Cleveland.

Wade Davis with an outstanding pitching performance on the road today. Really coming into his own as of late. 4-0 during the month of July.

Rays are only 2 1/2 games back of the Yankees as of right now.

21 games above .500 for the first time this season.

Starting tomorrow, the Rays are heading into to our longest home stand of the season. (11 games) 4 games vs the Tigers, 3 games vs the Yankees, and 4 games against the Twins.

We're all about to witness what the Rays are really made of here in 2010. Tough schedule coming up. All 3 teams are playing for something. Both the Twins and Tigers are jocking for position out there in the AL Central; Twins are 2 games back of the White Sox, and the Tigers are 3 games back of 1st. And as we all know... The battle of the Rays and Yankees will be for 1st place of the AL East.

8-3 would be a huge success; As a fan, 9-2 is the goal. Anything better than that would be amazing.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    The Rays of this season, are actually ahead of the Yankees pace of last season. So lets not act like the Rays have no chance to win the World Series.
    This is one of those things you read somewhere, retype it here, and think it means something.

The Rays and Yankees are hands down, the best two teams in all of Baseball and it's been like that since just about day one. The Rays only trail the Yankees by 3 games and it's only July. The Rays are looking to win the AL East for the 2nd time in 3 years.

On a side note: Our rookie, Wade Davis, is going for his 4th win during the month of July today. 3-0 so far.
    wait, so that means the Yankees of this season, are actually ahead of the Yankees pace of last season? but they already won the world series last season?

ohhhh never mind, just realized you love to throw out BS stats like Tucker, but keep having fun with never being in 1st place. At least you know, you and Tucker have those awesome irrelevant stats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gholstons Revenge View Post
    wait, so that means the Yankees of this season, are actually ahead of the Yankees pace of last season? but they already won the world series last season?

ohhhh never mind, just realized you love to throw out BS stats like Tucker, but keep having fun with never being in 1st place. At least you know, you and Tucker have those awesome irrelevant stats.

Yes, the Rays as of right now are ahead of the Yankees pace of last season. We all know that the Yankees are also serious contenders this season, but lets not act like the Rays aren't a Championship type of Baseball team; Because we are.

Never being in first place? We took the AL East in 2008 and could be on the verge of winning the AL East two out of three years. The Rays have been in first place for most of the season, so it's kind of silly for you to say... "never", when the Rays are only 3 games back of the Yankees and their billion dollar payroll.

Banned

So... Here it is Yankee fans:

Yeah, I may not be impressed by Burnett, Vazquez, Mitre or the Yankees bullpen as a whole, other than Mo, but @ the same time... Burnett and Vazquez would be welcomed with open arms by plenty of teams; Just not the Rays

The Yankees franchise is the greatest franchise in all of Sports. 27 World Championships; Enough said.

The Yankees are everything I could only dream of the Rays becoming; Which are contenders year in and year out.

You all enjoy giving me a hard time around here, and I enjoy giving it right back, but that still doesn't change the fact that the Yankees and Rays have been the two best teams in all of Baseball here in 2010.

As a Baseball fan... I like alot of different aspects about the Yankees.

A-Rod: Still ranks as a top 5 3rd baseman. Can get hot @ anytime. One of the greatest hitters of all time. Steroids or not; He's going to be in the HOF. He'll always get my vote. I may not root for the Yankees, but I do hope he breaks the all time record set by Barry Bonds.

Cano: MVP type of season. One of the best overall players in the league. Has really came into his own over the years, could go down as one of the greatest Offensive 2nd baeman of all time if he continues to stay healthy.

Jeter: May be on the down side of his career, but the man is the perfect example for any young prospect joining this team. He's also the perfect type of veteran leader to keep the egos in check of any big name Free Agents such as as A-Rod, Sabathia, Granderson and Mark Teixeira. They all know who's team this is. He's the perfect example of a New York Yankee. Come September and October, even as he's getting older, Baseball fans can never count Jeter out during the clutch.

It's been a while since the Yankees have had young prospects such as Gardner, Hughes, Cervelli and Pena. I'd welcome both Gardner and Hughes with open arms.

There you have it; now bash away.

Jesus Montero is a top prospect but thats just it; a prospect. Has never made an impact here in the Majors.]Greinke and Soria? They've made huge impacts already.
    Kinda Desmond Jennings. Who you talk about, like will he will replace Crawford with ease.

Banned
    Just heard on a Rays radio station that the Rays are on the verge of calling up both Desmond Jennings and Jeremy Hellickson sooner, rather than the later September call ups. Expecting Both Jennings and Hellickson so be with the Rays in less than two weeks.

Both Jennings and Hellickson are ranked as top 5 Baseball prospects. The Rays will improve soo much with the additions of these two natural talents. Hellickson is ranked, like Price was, as Baseballs #1 pitching prospect.

Damn, if this is true... I cant wait!

Desmond Jennings will improve our entire baseball team. We'll finially have our natural leadoff hitter; Something we haven't had since Aki in 2008. Upton, Bartlett, Jaso, Zobrist, it's insane... We never know which leadoff hitter we'll have from game to game. Jennings? He'll solve that issue the SECOND he arrives with the Rays.

Our outfiled will be LIGHTS out with Crawford in LF, Jennings in CF, with B.J Upton roaming Right Field. Nothing but elite speed, quickness and defensive talent out there.

And boy oh boy can Desmond run the bases. He'll become an instant threat to steal base. A Carl Crawford type of threat.

As far as Hellickon goes... I'd really love to see Hellickon with the Rays. We've been without our best overall bullpen pitcher since day one of the season; J.P Howell. Hellickon will improve our entire bullpen in more ways than one. If the Rays can make the playoffs, we'll have a 4 man rotation of Shields, Garza, Price and Niemann. It'll be nice to have both Wade Davis and Jeremy Hellickson pitching out of the pen.

Jeremy Hellickson: 23 years of age- 20 starts, 12-3 record, 2.51 era, 114.2 innings pitched, 101 hits allowed, .239 average against, 119 K's/35 Walks, 1.19 WHIP. Hellickson has been killing AAA this season. Hasn't allowed a run during his last two starts.

Desmond Jennings: 23 years of age- 75 games, .285 average, 55 runs, 78 hits, 18 doubles, 5 triples, 2 HR's, 25 RBI's, 26 for 28 in stolen bases.

2011 will be the last season for James Shields with the Rays. Our rotation is on the verge of being set for the next 7-10 years with...

David Price
    Jeremy Hellickson
    Matt Garza
    Wade Davis
    Jeff Niemann

Scary.