Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Haren traded to Angels

Dan Haren traded to Angels

http://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/19525019650

Diamndbacks traded Haren to Angels for Joe Saunders, Patrick Corbin, Rafael Rodriguez and a player to be named

Jets Insider VIP
    Isn't Saunders pretty decent in his own right? I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Isn't Saunders pretty decent in his own right? I dont get it.
    No, not really. He's had 1 good year. Though he'd probably do well in the NL West, but he's 29 years old... Diamondbacks are dumb

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    No, not really. He's had 1 good year. Though he'd probably do well in the NL West, but he's 29 years old... Diamondbacks are dumb
    Didn't know he was that old. Yeah I see that even though he had a good win total last year his whip and era sucked.

Im so envious of the Angels, they always make moves at the deadline.

The D-Backs' trade looks like a pure salary dump. Arizona gets out from under about $30 million in salary obligation, and gets a good (but not great) pitching prospect.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN

Didn't know he was that old. Yeah I see that even though he had a good win total last year his whip and era sucked.

Im so envious of the Angels, they always make moves at the deadline.
    Angels aren't going anywhere this season, Dan Haren will help next year and the year after that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Angels aren't going anywhere this season, Dan Haren will help next year and the year after that.
    Agreed. Im just jealous thats all.

Banned
    Sorry Yankee fans; No Dan Haren for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    Haren will help the Angels next year, as will Carl Crawford playing next to Torri Hunter. Poor Rays, maybe if they had a real fan base they could afford to keep their players.

Grow up, kid.

Banned
    Haren will help the Angels next year, as will Carl Crawford playing next to Torri Hunter. Poor Rays, maybe if they had a real fan base they could afford to keep their players.
    Poor Rays fans? Ever heard of Desmond Jennings? One of the most talented baseball prospects in the game today. Ever heard of Hellickson? You know, the starting pitcher? Both are Top 10 prospects. Jennings is a CLONE of a younger Carl Crawford. The only difference is, he's willing to play both leadoff and center field; Something Crawford has never been willing to do.

Once the Rays allow Carlos Pena and Soriano off the books; We'll have more than enough money to pay Carl Crawford. He's not going anywhere, he loves it down here in FLorida, there are reasons on why he's signed two contract extensions in the past. Crawford is no Kazmir; Crawford will gets paid. You think our owner has no money? Think again. The man is LOADED with cash, worked on wall street for 20+ years; Something you know nothing about.

But yeah, I'm just glad to see the Yankees miss out on a trade that Yankee fans were seriously interested in.

Interesting. For a guy who quotes stats all the time, you should know that Tampa and the Yankees have almost identical ERA's from their starters, furthermore, Tampa's ERA has been far worse over the last 2 months. Yankees have had some injury issues, seems like Tampa just needs better starters in the back of their rotation.

In fact, in every way possible the Yankees have been the far better team in the last 2 months. Why do you continue to think it's the Yankees that have big issues? Tampa seems to be in far worse shape than the Yanks

Poor Rays fans? Ever heard of Desmond Jennings? One of the most talented baseball prospects in the game today. Ever heard of Hellickson? You know, the starting pitcher? Both are Top 10 prospects. Jennings is a CLONE of a younger Carl Crawford. The only difference is, he's willing to play both leadoff and center field; Something Crawford has never been willing to do.

Once the Rays allow Carlos Pena and Soriano off the books; We'll have more than enough money to pay Carl Crawford. He's not going anywhere, he loves it down here in FLorida, there are reasons on why he's signed two contract extensions in the past. Crawford is no Kazmir; Crawford will gets paid. You think our owner has no money? Think again. The man is LOADED with cash, worked on wall street for 20+ years; Something you know nothing about.

But yeah, I'm just glad to see the Yankees miss out on a trade that Yankee fans were seriously interested in.
    LOL

Jets Insider VIP
    Really wish every thread on this board didn't turn into a Rays thread.

Even in a Mets thread the other day, DWRobot found it necessary to launch into a 5 paragraph essay on how a brawl stirred up the Rays to greatness.

Dude, you have no sense of anything.

How is it possible that anyone can be this dense?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    I'm not upset because I don't love Haren, but if its true we didn't make this deal because Cashman refused to include Joba Chamberlain, well IMO that's just further evidence Brian Cashman is a poor GM who looks a lot better than he is (as a baseball man) due to the Steinbrenner's check-book.
    This is from this morning...

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...qUIPxI8xFLoWFO

I think they would of been willing to pull the trigger if the D-Backs would take on some of Haren's contract, so they could still afford Lee after the season. Moor proof the Yankees aren't working with an open checkbook under Hal Steinbrenner.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-25-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Even in a Mets thread the other day, DWRobot found it necessary to launch into a 5 paragraph essay on how a brawl stirred up the Rays to greatness.

Dude, you have no sense of anything.

How is it possible that anyone can be this dense?
    This is becoming a big problem. He's hijacking every thread. Last year Ham forced him to keep his Rays crap in the Rays thread.. that worked fine.

All Pro
    This is the 2nd time in about 3 weeks I feel the Yankees were used. I know Cashman really didn't persue Haren the way he did Lee, but geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    This is the 2nd time in about 3 weeks I feel the Yankees were used. I know Cashman really didn't persue Haren the way he did Lee, but geez.
    It's not similar. Nothing was ever agreed to.

But Haren is garbage remember?

Banned
    Thank Tyler for brining up the "Rays".

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden