Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ty Wigginton will NOT be a Yankee

Ty Wigginton will NOT be a Yankee

http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman

Angelos (O's owner) doesn't want to trade with yankees apparently, limiting wigginton options

Banned
    I remember Wiggy from his Devil Ray days... Nothing special about this guy. Above average bench player @ most. Cant really see how he'd help a team contending for a Championship. Career .269 hitter, slow on the bases and plays a below average 3rd/1st base.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I remember Wiggy from his Devil Ray days... Nothing special about this guy. Above average bench player @ most. Cant really see how he'd help a team contending for a Championship. Career .269 hitter, slow on the bases and plays a below average 3rd/1st base.
    That's what he would of been with the Yankees.

Oh well..

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Cant really see how he'd help a team contending for a Championship.
    There are a ton of things you can't see. And he would absolutely help a team with a weak bench.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That's what he would of been with the Yankees.

Oh well..
    Why would the Yankees even waste their time trying to get Wiggy? Who would the Yankees give up for Wiggy?

Why would the Yankees even waste their time trying to get Wiggy? Who would the Yankees give up for Wiggy?
    Trying to upgrade the bench. I wish the Yankees had kept Eric Hinske, not only has he been on a WS team the last 3 years, but hes having a very nice season for the Braves and would of given us some pop on the bench.

Would be funny if the Braves go to the WS this year, would definitely say that Hinske is a good luck charm.

All Pro
    So with Wigginton off the list who do the Yankees go after now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    So with Wigginton off the list who do the Yankees go after now?
    Jorge Cantu, Cody Ross, Jhonny Peralta.... I dunno

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Trying to upgrade the bench. I wish the Yankees had kept Eric Hinske, not only has he been on a WS team the last 3 years, but hes having a very nice season for the Braves and would of given us some pop on the bench.

Would be funny if the Braves go to the WS this year, would definitely say that Hinske is a good luck charm.
    Yeah, I'm the same way... Hinske did alot of different things for the Rays during our magical summer of baseball during 08. Played LF when Crawford was banged up, played RF every 3rd or 4th day, played 3rd base when Bartlett was out, Longo moved over to SS for a little, played some DH and 1st base when Pena got hurt. He was also one of our only veteran leaders.

He was the Brad Smith of the Rays. Not great at anything, but solid at everything.

All Pro
    Choices are really thin. I guess i would focus on getting Ross. It's too bad deJesus is out for the season. That's who I really wanted.

Banned
    Jorge Cantu would be a great player coming off the bench for the Yankees. Cody Ross is also a nice fit for the Yankees... Real scrappy type of player.

I'm not a fan of the Marlins, I always root against them for some reason, but I watch alot of Marlin games because their always on TV here in Tampa Bay. Those are two really solid players.

Cantu is about to be traded to the Rangers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Cantu is about to be traded to the Rangers.
    Great fit for the Rangers and Cantu. Also right next to his country Mexico.

All Pro
    How is a team that is bankrupt (the Rangers) are still able to make trades? Especially a trade like the one for Cliff Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    How is a team that is bankrupt (the Rangers) are still able to make trades? Especially a trade like the one for Cliff Lee?
    Seattle gave Texas money in that trade....

All Pro
    True. But even with the money Seattle gave to Texas in the trade, Texas would still have to pay the majority of Lee's salary for the 2nd half. It's wierd. It's like a person who just filed for bankruptcy going out and buying a new car

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    If that's the crap Cashman has in mind I would much rather do nothing for now and call up Montero in August.

Maybe give him another month at AAA and if he's doing well get him up here for the stretch drive, but I would hate to have one of these JAG's blocking that move because Cashman needs to justify another mediocre addition.

If we're adding a Dunn or a Werth, fine, but Cantu, Ross, Peralta, etc .... I'll pass.

JMO
    Montero hasn't played in 2-3 days. He's injured.

Yeah but X-Rays were negative and its just a bruise, should be back in there fairly soon, no?
    I guess. He'll get that September call up, and maybe earn a spot on the post-season roster.

I'd like a right hander that can hit leftys and play the OF decently.

How bout a RHH who doesn't play the OF but crushes lefties?

Jesus Montero
    We both if he gets caleld up he could really struggle.....you can't count on him to produce right away.