Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Food department: what is the most unusual meal you ever had?

walking out of a rainforest on the island of dominica there was a food stand selling Mountain Chicken, having the beer munchies i ordered a plate, and two years later i have always wondered what a mountain chicken is...needless to say when I saw this I kinda puked in my mouth

[url]http://www.frogsonice.com/froggy/photos/detzoo1/07280124.jpg[/url]

[QUOTE=Beerfish;3657956]Well.....I had this plane crash in the Andes.....[/QUOTE]

LOL

I was on a flight through Chicago once, and we were stuck on the runway for over 3 hours.

At one point, I turned to the passengers around me and said.."I just want you to know, if I go first, you can eat me."

The stewardess asked me to just be quiet from that point foreward.

Hall Of Fame
    Live snails in Amalfi Italy.

_

Cod tongue.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=MACPAC;3658287]Cod tongue.[/QUOTE]

You left out crow

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3657826]Ummm...you REALLY have to explain this.... :D[/QUOTE]

I went to law school out of college before deciding that I a) hate lawyers b) often hate people who retain lawyers. After about a year of doing lots of acid and being really depressed I decided to become an anthropologist to achieve my twin goals of a) always being in school and b) acting like a modern day version of Charles Darwin. Most of my fieldwork concerns indigenous protests against mining claims in Indonesia and PNG. I technically do my fieldwork in the Indonesian part of NG, an area called Irian Jaya in the area around the Fly and Yonggom rivers. When I do fieldwork (which actually is awful) I live with a group of peoples called the Korowai who are most famous for living 60 feet off the ground in treehouses. Its less lucrative than being a tax lawyer, but its probably more interesting.

[QUOTE=hamburglar;3658306]I went to law school out of college before deciding that I a) hate lawyers b) often hate people who retain lawyers. After about a year of doing lots of acid and being really depressed I decided to become an anthropologist to achieve my twin goals of a) always being in school and b) acting like a modern day version of Charles Darwin. Most of my fieldwork concerns indigenous protests against mining claims in Indonesia and PNG. I technically do my fieldwork in the Indonesian part of NG, an area called Irian Jaya in the area around the Fly and Yonggom rivers. When I do fieldwork (which actually is awful) I live with a group of peoples called the Korowai who are most famous for living 60 feet off the ground in treehouses. Its less lucrative than being a tax lawyer, but its probably more interesting.[/QUOTE]

That's hot! Have you been in any of the National Geo's documentaries?

Nah im still in my twenties and in grad school. That is essentially my dream however

Snail Porridge
    Bacon & Egg Ice-Cream
    An edible miniature beach that you eat while listening to an i-pod playing sounds of the sea

Had all of these at the same 16 course meal at The Fat Duck

[URL]http://www.thefatduck.co.uk/The-Menus/Tasting-Menu/[/URL]

The guy is just a genius,routinely gets voted best restaurant in the world alongside The French Laundry and El Bulli.

Also Currywurst(not at the Fat Duck though)

Jets Insider VIP
    guess it's a toss up between raccoon or squirrel.

Veteran
    Chicken feet :eek:

Squirrel meat.

l]Air Freight[/url]

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Broiled Octopus

Oh, and on a Korean ship once I had some of their "pickles" with breakfast. Very spicy veggies (like cauliflower) marinated in a lot of garlic and hot spices. It was good, but my breath could knock a buzzard off a sh!twagon!

Baby Octopus as an appetizer in Jamaica.

All Pro
    Beef Tongue
    Ostrich
    Ostrich Jerky

My ex GF a day or 2 earlier than i should have. Think the congealed blood pudding without the nice aroma!

Octopus doesn't sound all that exotic to me, because I eat fried calamari all the time. I know that's squid, but isn't it really the same thing?

[QUOTE=chirorob;3667307]My ex GF a day or 2 earlier than i should have. Think the congealed blood pudding without the nice aroma![/QUOTE]

Ahhhhh

[QUOTE=pauliec;3667416]Octopus doesn't sound all that exotic to me, because I eat fried calamari all the time. I know that's squid, but isn't it really the same thing?[/QUOTE]

Are you asking if Octopus and Squid are the same thing? :confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rocky Mountain Oysters (bull testicles)

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;3667538]Are you asking if Octopus and Squid are the same thing? :confused:[/QUOTE]

lay off him, the orpresueu of mod ios gettni to him