Thread: Adam Dunn

Adam Dunn

http://twitter.com/SI_JonHeyman/status/19789834207

Yankees remain interested in Adam Dunn, but no serious talks yet.

Depends on what we give up for him, this move helps deepens our lineup but we won't extend him because there really isn't much room for a DH with the guys rotating there.

1-Jeter SS
    2-Swisher RF
    3-Teixeira 1B
    4-A-Rod 3B
    5-Cano 2B
    6-Dunn DH
    7-Posada C
    8-Granderson CF
    9-Gardner LF

Are the Nats planning on keeping Harper at Catcher?

Because I think Romine could get it done with say..Nova?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post
    TD, what do you think it would cost us to get him?

Nova?

Nova and Nunez?

Or would it have to be Nova and Romine?
    It's hard to really know, some of these asking prices have been beyond ridiculous, Toronto is asking for Montero for a loogy, in Scott Downs.

Romine, Nunez, Nova... I'd trade 2 of those 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Are the Nats planning on keeping Harper at Catcher?

Because I think Romine could get it done with say..Nova?
    No, he was drafted as an OFer.

All Pro
    Oh boy.....here we go again. First Cliff Lee; then Haren; and now Dunn. This years trade deadline has been manic, and an emotional roller coaster.....

Left to me the Nationals can have any 2 prospects except Montero and Romine

i would love dunn hitting in the 6 hole at yankee stadium, 15+ homers from now until october if hes in pinstripes.

get it done cash, id send nova nunez and that 18 year old catcher for dunn in a heartbeat

I wouldn't include Montero, Romine, or Sanchez in any deal for him, but I sure would like to get him. Given the competition for him, I don't think we get it done though.

I would think Nova plus throw ins would be a fair price, given that he isnt part of the Yankees long term plans and is a pending FA. I doubt that that offer could hold without getting trumped though. The nationals are in a good position to get value w/ Dunn given that Fielder probably wont be dealt.

Plus whoever gets him can get the 2 picks after the season for him, which adds value.

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Yankees want Dunn, not confident of getting him.

It isn't very often a 23-year-old top prospect holds an entire organization hostage, but the Sox are in a unique situation. As reported earlier in the Sun-Times, Hudson and Dayan Viciedo are the prospects the Washington Nationals likely are eyeing in exchange for Adam Dunn after Sox general manager Ken Williams initially said no on Gordon Beckham and then Carlos Quentin.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseb...-sox29.article

http://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/19847986757

These things are always fluid, but for now Yankees are out on Dunn. Checking into other alternatives.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/hardba...850Ct5tWxvimaI

Yankees finished with pursuit of Dunn

3:32 PM, July 29, 2010 ι By JOEL SHERMAN

The Yankees have all but given up hope of landing Nationals slugger Adam Dunn, The Post has learned.

The Yankees consider the current asking price steep and would only deliver that kind of package for a game-changing necessity, such as Cliff Lee, not for someone they consider a luxury, such as Dunn.

Plus, the Yankees were worried about giving up significant prospects and not being sure about Dunn as a DH. Dunn has spent his entire career in the NL, so he has never DH'ed regularly and has said repeatedly he does not want to be exclusively a DH. That combination made the Yankees wonder if he would adapt to the job, especially when you add on a new league, a new city, and a level of expectation Dunn has never experienced with the Reds, Diamondbacks or Nationasl.

Similar worries also – coincidentally – moved the Yankees’ nearest AL East pursuer, the Rays, away from Dunn, as well.

Dunn is a well-below-average defender at either first base or the corner outfield, so the Yankees did not see using him in the field except for, perhaps, a spot start. In addition, the Yankees want to use the DH slot regularly down the stretch as a rest sanctuary for Jorge Posada, Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter and Mark Teixeira.

To work through all of their issues involving Dunn, the Yankees feel the asking price by the Nationals would have to drop. But they are not anticipating that happening between now and the deadline at 4 p.m. Saturday. Thus, the frontrunners for Dunn appear to remain the White Sox and Giants.

So what do the Yankees do from here? They really could use another bat and arm in the pen. Do they make any moves?

http://twitter.com/Joelsherman1

Can confirm reports: White Sox also out on Dunn. Rays acting like don't want a DH only, but one executive said, "they are favorites."

Giants are really only other team for which I am hearing any connection to Dunn.

Like Yankees, Rays telling people Dunn's vehement stance against DHing is huge impediment. Didn't work with Burrell, don't want to put someone in new role, new league who is not totally committed, especially in pennant race.

All Pro
    What do you guys think of this 3 way trade scenario:

Yankees, Nationals and D'Backs

Yankees get Dunn; Nationals get Edwin Jackson(National have been eyeing him); and the D'Backs get 2 pitching prospects from the Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    What do you guys think of this 3 way trade scenario:

Yankees, Nationals and D'Backs

Yankees get Dunn; Nationals get Edwin Jackson(National have been eyeing him); and the D'Backs get 2 pitching prospects from the Yankees
    who's the prospects

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    who's the prospects
    Zach McAllister and a "B" Prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Zach McAllister and a "B" Prospect.
    in your dreams.

zach mcallister is a b prospect.