Thread: Twins trade catching prospect Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps

Twins trade catching prospect Wilson Ramos for Matt Capps

HOLY DUMB

http://twitter.com/NatsTownNews/status/19875217395

Nationals acquire C Wilson Ramos and LHP Joe Testa from Twins for RHP Matt Capps.
    Ramos is having a tough year adjusting to AAA, but damn man... guy has potential
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 07-29-2010 at 10:39 PM.

All Pro
    WOW Twins sold themselves short there. I mean Capps is having a good year (2.4 ERA, 26 Saves) but come on !!!!!

Its what the Twins are best at. Look what they got for Santana....nothing!!! They do a great job developing their own home grown talent but seem clueless when making trades. Good job by the Nats

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    Its what the Twins are best at. Look what they got for Santana....nothing!!! They do a great job developing their own home grown talent but seem clueless when making trades. Good job by the Nats
    I agree. The Delmon Young to the Twins for both Matt Garza and Jason Bartlett has been huge for Rays recent succes.

Quote Originally Posted by FYtheSG View Post
    Twins miss Terry Ryan, Bill Smith has been pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by DefenseWinsChampionships2 View Post
    I agree. The Delmon Young to the Twins for both Matt Garza and Jason Bartlett has been huge for Rays recent succes.
    Have you happen to see what Delmon Young is doing with the Twins?

24 years old
    .334 BA 14 HR 79 RBIs 31 2B .914 OPS

The trade is not as one sided as I originally thought, its looking like the Twins could very well win that trade if Young continues to hit like this or at least be a even.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post

24 years old

The trade is not as one sided as I originally thought, its looking like the Twins could very well win that trade if Young continues to hit like this or at least be a even.
    They say that Jason Kubiel took Young under his wing and showed him how to be a professional baseball player. I don't understand why the Twins don't have a better record than they do. They have a solid lineup and pretty good pitching.

Something tells me the Twins aren't too unhappy about getting a potential superstar player,who's playing like it now,for a #3 starter and a slap-hitting,oft injured shortstop.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post

24 years old

Sorry .Didn't see you already replied to this.

Imagine what the Rays offense would look like if they had held onto Young and Hamilton.I know you can't kill them for either. Young was a headcase and Hamilton didn't look like he'd ever get his life together. But still,Young and Hamilton added to that lineup would be something to see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Miano View Post
    Sorry .Didn't see you already replied to this.

Imagine what the Rays offense would look like if they had held onto Young and Hamilton.I know you can't kill them for either. Young was a headcase and Hamilton didn't look like he'd ever get his life together. But still,Young and Hamilton added to that lineup would be something to see.
    It would be. But Young was a head case and Hamilton was a druggie.

Upton CF
    Crawford LF
    Longoria 3B
    Hamilton DH
    Young RF
    Pena 1B
    Zobrist SS
    Brignac 2B
    Jason C

Would be great to see lol

Upton CF
    Crawford LF
    Longoria 3B
    Hamilton DH
    Young RF
    Pena 1B
    Zobrist SS
    Brignac 2B
    Jason C

Upton sucks... Hamilton would play CF on that team

Hamilton is too good of an athlete to be stuck as a DH, they would replace Upton with a DH type player.

Smile

Upton CF
    Crawford LF
    Longoria 3B
    Hamilton DH
    Young RF
    Pena 1B
    Zobrist SS
    Brignac 2B
    Jason C

I think if this scenerio had played out in a perfect world you probably would of used Upton to get pitching help after 08 when his value was at it's height.Hell,you might of even gotten Garza for him.

Banned
    I think if this scenerio had played out in a perfect world you probably would of used Upton to get pitching help after 08 when his value was at it's height.Hell,you might of even gotten Garza for him.
    We had Garza before the 2008 season. But I agree, after the 2008 playoffs, Upton could have been a huge trading chip

We had Garza before the 2008 season. But I agree, after the 2008 playoffs, Upton could have been a huge trading chip
    Yea,I know but you got him for Young.Can't have both.
    Seriously though it's a shame you couldn't keep Hamilton.My father's a Rays fan down in St.Pete and it makes him sick watching Hamilton tearing up the league.

Banned
    Yea,I know but you got him for Young.Can't have both.
    Seriously though it's a shame you couldn't keep Hamilton.My father's a Rays fan down in St.Pete and it makes him sick watching Hamilton tearing up the league.
    If he never left St.Pete, there would be no Josh Hamilton. He HAD to get out of this area, leaving this area saved his life. Drugs were ruining him here.

If he never left St.Pete, there would be no Josh Hamilton. He HAD to get out of this area, leaving this area saved his life. Drugs were ruining him here.
    Really? I didn't think he ever lived down there.Was he there for the three years he was out of baseball?But either way I don't think it was St.Pete. The guy had a drug problem wherever he was.
    He played up here(hudson valley) for a few months in A ball. Saw him in a bar once so f'ed up he couldn't stand . Glad he turned his life around.

What an awful trade! Wasnt Ramos the chip the Twins were throwing out there for Lee to the Mariners last month? Twins really screwed the pooch on that one

And DWC, that Rays lineup would be lethal if they still had Young and Hamilton, Reminds me of the old Mariners when they had Griffey Martinez Tino Buhner etc..

All League
    Can't trade legit prospects for a closer. That's a terrible trade.

Can't blame the Rays for the Hamilton move, but had they not let him in the Rule 5 draft, and played him that year, they could have still traded him for something great (assuming they wouldn't want to keep him). The Garza for Young trade (Bartlett, the leadoff hitter, sucks, so he was a throw in. Anyone that thinks that Bartlett has been huge to the Rays success is a moron) was better for the Rays, but the Twins are finally getting something out of it. And more than just something - Young is finally looking like a star.

Either way, the Twins have made an awful trade here.